Turkey with crayons

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
lovelyinlavendar

Re: Turkey with crayons

Postby lovelyinlavendar » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:42 pm

Funny turkey episode ! Good comic relief !

pdames4

Postby pdames4 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:46 pm

Quote Demus:
Quote Sunnyflower:
Quote lovn billy: Thats the point she didn't want to order from somewhere she wanted to do it herself..isn't that a good thing? That she would rather prepare her families meal for Thanksgiving rather then taking the easy way out and ordering it? I am not a Phyllis fan but i give a At for her effort and anyone elses that will take the time out to cook for her family. Its easy to order it...no effort in that at all.

I think that is the spirit of it! :))

As an American, the spirit of Thanksgiving is just that...be thankful for others and giving to others. It doesn't matter if you cook or order the food (for the most part). The important part is having your family and loved ones with you on that day! We are thankful for what we have not to get upset for what we don't have.

Nowadays, ordering food is done by a lot of people. Many of us don't have time to make certain dishes and deserts plus you're giving business to your local eatery. It's a win win situation!

Now I LOVE a traditionally baked turkey with homemade dressing/stuffing...baked ham (for the pork eaters)...candied yams...mashed potatoes, mashed turnips, peas & rice...string beans, collard greens, tossed salad...cranberry sauce...homemade fresh baked bread...apple, pumpkin & sweet potatoe pies...yellow cake and frosting made from scratch...coffee, tea, egg nog, licquor and beer ABSOLUTELY THE BEST!!!!!!!!

Now you better believe when I get off work tomorrow, I will not have time to make ALL of what is listed above. So, I ordered a few things and family/friends will bring a few things just to make my day easier :D

It's all about sharing and caring!!!! A perfect kick-off to the holiday season :)

Don't forget the FOOTBALL GAMES :D

Wow! Excellent Post Demus! :)

adele

Postby adele » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:00 pm

Quote pdames4:
Quote Demus:
Quote Sunnyflower:
Quote lovn billy: Thats the point she didn't want to order from somewhere she wanted to do it herself..isn't that a good thing? That she would rather prepare her families meal for Thanksgiving rather then taking the easy way out and ordering it? I am not a Phyllis fan but i give a At for her effort and anyone elses that will take the time out to cook for her family. Its easy to order it...no effort in that at all.

As an American, the spirit of Thanksgiving is just that...be thankful for others and giving to others. It doesn't matter if you cook or order the food (for the most part). The important part is having your family and loved ones with you on that day! We are thankful for what we have not to get upset for what we don't have.

Nowadays, ordering food is done by a lot of people. Many of us don't have time to make certain dishes and deserts plus you're giving business to your local eatery. It's a win win situation!

Now I LOVE a traditionally baked turkey with homemade dressing/stuffing...baked ham (for the pork eaters)...candied yams...mashed potatoes, mashed turnips, peas & rice...string beans, collard greens, tossed salad...cranberry sauce...homemade fresh baked bread...apple, pumpkin & sweet potatoe pies...yellow cake and frosting made from scratch...coffee, tea, egg nog, licquor and beer ABSOLUTELY THE BEST!!!!!!!!

Now you better believe when I get off work tomorrow, I will not have time to make ALL of what is listed above. So, I ordered a few things and family/friends will bring a few things just to make my day easier :D

It's all about sharing and caring!!!! A perfect kick-off to the holiday season :)

ruined turkey dinner was believable but wha tisn't beliebable is trying to portray phylis as susuie homemaker and being so agreeable with nick th eperfect stepforsd wife , notice she went with nick to cabin fo rhim to grieve the losss of his daughter was she afraid he would run into sharon, and she lets on to him it wa sher idea and she is not threatened but the advise came from victoria, regardless this is not the phylis we all know and th etears are due to them probably writing another prwegnancy who's th edaddy storyline sorry but it is geting so boring, and th esharon and adam scenes are enough to make me sick and szstop watching Y 7 R where have you gone/ not the show i always loved for thirty years think i am tired of the dark storylines and tired of mismatching couples is is no longer entertaining.

puddycat

Postby puddycat » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:16 pm

Quote adele:
Quote pdames4:
Quote Demus:
Quote Sunnyflower:

ruined turkey dinner was believable but wha tisn't beliebable is trying to portray phylis as susuie homemaker and being so agreeable with nick th eperfect stepforsd wife , notice she went with nick to cabin fo rhim to grieve the losss of his daughter was she afraid he would run into sharon, and she lets on to him it wa sher idea and she is not threatened but the advise came from victoria, regardless this is not the phylis we all know and th etears are due to them probably writing another prwegnancy who's th edaddy storyline sorry but it is geting so boring, and th esharon and adam scenes are enough to make me sick and szstop watching Y 7 R where have you gone/ not the show i always loved for thirty years think i am tired of the dark storylines and tired of mismatching couples is is no longer entertaining.

Sorry you no longer enjoy Y&R - - I would not miss it for a day.

Actually, they were not trying to "portray Phyllis as Susie Homemaker" - - just the opposite - - that was the whole point of the humor - - Phyllis and Nick and their whole family knows she can't cook. But, she tried.

And, as far as Phyllis going to the cabin with Nick??? I don't know anything about that - - it must be a spoiler and I do not read spoilers.

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed the turkey scene! :D

Luski

Postby Luski » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:41 pm

I thought the crayola turkey was hilarious! It reminded me of the first Thanksgiving turkey I ever cooked. It came out of the oven and was baked to a golden brown and looked amazing. When my husband was taking the stuffing out of the bird, he said "what the he** is this?" It was the bag of guts. *) LOL I didn't even know that they were inside the turkey. That was a long time ago and I laugh every Thanksgiving when I am getting the turkey ready for cooking. So does my family. :-)

Wannabawriter

Postby Wannabawriter » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:46 pm

Quote Luski: I thought the crayola turkey was hilarious! It reminded me of the first Thanksgiving turkey I ever cooked. It came out of the oven and was baked to a golden brown and looked amazing. When my husband was taking the stuffing out of the bird, he said "what the he** is this?" It was the bag of guts. *) LOL I didn't even know that they were inside the turkey. That was a long time ago and I laugh every Thanksgiving when I am getting the turkey ready for cooking. So does my family. :-)

I did the same thing! We must be sisters!

As for the age of Summer and her problem...I didn't even have a brain injury and when I was six, I added red lipstick to the neighbors' water melon! 8)

Luski

Postby Luski » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:50 pm

Quote Wannabawriter:
Quote Luski: I thought the crayola turkey was hilarious! It reminded me of the first Thanksgiving turkey I ever cooked. It came out of the oven and was baked to a golden brown and looked amazing. When my husband was taking the stuffing out of the bird, he said "what the he** is this?" It was the bag of guts. *) LOL I didn't even know that they were inside the turkey. That was a long time ago and I laugh every Thanksgiving when I am getting the turkey ready for cooking. So does my family. :-)

I did the same thing! We must be sisters!

As for the age of Summer and her problem...I didn't even have a brain injury and when I was six, I added red lipstick to the neighbors' water melon! 8)

Wannabawriter, we are sisters! Soap sisters. ;) I am glad to hear that I am not alone in my turkey error. haha That is really funny about the watermelon. Thanks for sharing! :)

Return to “The Young and the Restless”