36 years a Fan! Writer, let's talk Sharon!

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Gramma2five

Re: 36 years a Fan! Writer, let's talk Sharon!

Postby Gramma2five » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:22 pm

Quote chrissy cricket: ~) I have watched Y&R since I was 6 years old. That's about 36 years for me. My grandmother had watched while I would play with my toys. How could I not end up not hearing the music of the opening credit's and voices of the cast's burnrd in my brain. Many of summers later over summers visiting my old friends that moved away, I remember my friends mom would be hooked for the Y & R time. My first time that it was MY choice never to miss a episode was when I was a little older and it was the beginning of the Sharon and Nick beginning young love. You had me at the stables let's just say. Those who are young and see Sharon and Nick now, did not see the falling in love of Sharon and Nick. I like Phyllis don't get me wrong. Even though I remember the day's she was so manipulating, and a little nuts.When she got pregnant with Daniel I did not like her then. But that was a long time ago. I even met The man who play's Jack right before he left All my Children. I loved the Nina story with him on that show. But by far he made a better Jack on Y & R. Lady's he is sooo much better looking in person. Anyway I can't take it anymore. What I'm really upset about that I can't take it anymore is even though I am glad Nick is a grate actor, maybe to convincing!!! When he made love on the bed with Phyllis on Friday he looks WAY TO IN LOVE WITH PHYLLIS! He belongs with Sharon. He can love more than one women but how are you going to fix this! In the soap world and even real life there is that one person we have this deep passion and connection like no other with that one person more than any other. I'm going to even have trouble not seeing Nick look like a jerk telling Sharon how much he loves her the most again some day. You need to fix this! BEFORE they find out the baby Faith is there's.He belongs with Sharon! Also Sharon has been through hell! She is always been sweet as pie her hole time on this show! Phyllis has NO right! She slept and screwed up Nick when couples go through a very bad time morning a child! I even think it's time to make Jack a REAL dad with someone that loves him and he loves back. No not the shrink. The Adam Story Is good for now but he should be a little more handsome sorry but also bring back the eye sight. It's getting old. Drive Nick crazy, he deserves it! Make him have some magic surgery. Have him change into some catch that heather would even claw to get him from Sharon. I love Noah! Great casting! He looks like a young Nick. But His little girlfriend is soooo wrong! I can't even remember her name. You need to start the next unbelievable innocent but with the sex generation like a Victor and Nicky, Nick, and Sharon.I want to see more of Noah. That will go on and on and then off and then of course on again romance. Mostly a lot of them are getting old.I have never missed a holiday with the Newmans or Abbots. But that is supposed to be when are favorite couples come together. They are losing the unity like it is in real life. Family's are smaller these day's. Also more broken up.At least bring it back in our fantasy soap world. I do miss Drusilla and Neil together also. I will really miss Mrs. Chansler when she retires. She is an amazing! NO OUTSTANDING!!! There will never be a better actress.She has been The Young and the Restless glue!#1 . Victor 2nd, Nicki 3rd, Jack 4th, Jill 5th, Ashley & Laurn & paul with old Cricket 6th,Nick 7th, Sharon 7th, Victoria equal 7th, well in the old day's with the young young Victoria she would of been 6th. Of cource John Abbott would of been #2 if he was still there. Drusilla and Neil, old Malcome now on Criminal minds, would of been together up in the 7th area. Well happy writing!

I have been watching since the show started...I was 15 and started watching in the summers until I got married a few years later and have been watching ever since.
I could not agree with you more....I think the newer viewers that did not see the beginning of Nick and Sharon just dont understand....It would be the same as if in 10 years Cane and Lilly lose their child and someone comes between them while they are grieving (I use them because they seem to be the new it couple that new viewers can relate too).
I just wanted to tell you that your post was great..totally agree.

shoozeyque2

Postby shoozeyque2 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:38 am

Quote Moniker1979: Great post Chrissy!

My feeling is that since the great Bill Bell died, very little has been right on that show. The writing just keeps heading southwards and no one seems to respect the history of the show or the couples anymore. It's sad.

ITA! I've been a viewer since day 1 and I still watch, but reluctantly. I don't have the same warm fuzzy feeling and excitement I used to have when I looked forward to each day watching Y&R. These people have so terribly and wrongly trashed the characters on this show, they are not even recognizable anymore. Bill Bell may be rolling over in his grave right now seeing how they have destroyed this once sizzling, classy and glamorous soap opera.

NS09

Postby NS09 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:42 pm

Quote chrissy cricket: What I'm really upset about that I can't take it anymore is even though I am glad Nick is a grate actor, maybe to convincing!!! When he made love on the bed with Phyllis on Friday he looks WAY TO IN LOVE WITH PHYLLIS! He belongs with Sharon. He can love more than one women but how are you going to fix this! In the soap world and even real life there is that one person we have this deep passion and connection like no other with that one person more than any other. I'm going to even have trouble not seeing Nick look like a jerk telling Sharon how much he loves her the most again some day. You need to fix this! BEFORE they find out the baby Faith is there's.He belongs with Sharon!

That's exactly what i was thinking, if TPTB have any intention of reuniting Nick and Sharon how are they going to pull it off now? I mean Phyllis is never going to let him go and Nick with all the perspective he's been getting lately is unlikely to leave her again.
So either they have no intention of reuniting them or they have written themselves into a deep dark hole! I guess time will tell.

chrissy cricket

Postby chrissy cricket » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:57 pm

I love all the old time fans! So I can vent with all the changes. For any one else there is a web site you can watch clips from when the show first started. It used to be only a half hour. Wait till you see the old Mrs. Chansler. When I was little she scared me. You have to see it. She looked so different. The old Jill and Ashley looked alot like the one's on now. But this Jack I love much better than the first one. In person his eyes are sooo beautiful. When he was young and in New York were I live his wife was dropping him off for work for when he was on All My Children. He said Hi to be. I was about maybe 19-22? He was dreamy.

pdames4

Postby pdames4 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:14 pm

Quote Soulsistah: ITA as well. It's a horrible storyline where no one is saved from going through incredible pain. And WHAT was it all for? Supposedly this sociopath Adam was supposed to be hurting Victor. What happened to THAT? Victor didn't get hurt - he moved from one woman to the next and got off and got zero payback. Instead two innocent women were tortured. So really, just WHAT was that entire s/l FOR?! :0 Just to pimp MAB's favourite new character - MM's version of Adam. It's sick and it's wrong and I don't find it entertaining at all. It turned me right off from even wanting to watch the show because the writers clearly are stunt-plot writing and the stories make ZERO logical sense, nor are in keeping with character history.

Re the writing - it's a tragedy what the show has become. I want a new writing team in place who actually KNOW and CARE about writing the characters true to history and not just have them behaving and saying things to "fit" the stupid plot points - and that is especially true for Sharon. She's been written so far from her true character this past year, I could barely recognize her up to the point I stopped watching months ago. It's truly sad how MAB - a Bell! - has destroyed so many of the vet characters and the legacy couples of this show. It'll take a writer with much more skill, finess and creativity, IMO, to restore what this writing team has destroyed in such a short amount of time.

You are right about the revenge plot regarding Victor. Somehow it was dropped along the way. Adam has hurt almost everybody Besides his target.

chrissy cricket

Postby chrissy cricket » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:21 pm

That's what I'm afraid of. They have no intention to become a real family again. Sooo sad. Also sad because we look for who will be the forever couple always going back together on through the years. I guess cane and lily will be one of them. Neil and Drusilla was a definite. She has to come back!

lovely4u

Postby lovely4u » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:36 pm

The writers needs to end the baby switching drama immediately! That is sooooo cruel.I think it is time for Adam to be found out and when Victor returns he dishes out a punishment to him that would make wished he had stayed in jail.

lovely4u

Postby lovely4u » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:47 pm

I think the writing team is so bad they don't even care what the fans want. We wanted Dru to come back especially since Lily is going through cancer. We want Drucilla back and not another actress either but Victoria Rowell. In my opinion nobody can play Dru but her. PLEASE bring her back so she can be there for child.I know Lily has Cane but, she needs her mother!

Moniker1979

Postby Moniker1979 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:52 pm

Quote lovely4u: I think the writing team is so bad they don't even care what the fans want. We wanted Dru to come back especially since Lily is going through cancer. We want Drucilla back and not another actress either but Victoria Rowell. In my opinion nobody can play Dru but her. PLEASE bring her back so she can be there for child.I know Lily has Cane but, she needs her mother!

Agreed 110%! I want Victoria Rowell back as well. There is no other Dru!

This writing team doesn't have a clue, the move the stories along for the sake of the stories and try to destroy the characters Bill Bell has so lovingly crafted along the way. For shame!

laurie6

Postby laurie6 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:56 pm

Quote Moniker1979:
Quote lovely4u: I think the writing team is so bad they don't even care what the fans want. We wanted Dru to come back especially since Lily is going through cancer. We want Drucilla back and not another actress either but Victoria Rowell. In my opinion nobody can play Dru but her. PLEASE bring her back so she can be there for child.I know Lily has Cane but, she needs her mother!

Agreed 110%! I want Victoria Rowell back as well. There is no other Dru!

This writing team doesn't have a clue, the move the stories along for the sake of the stories and try to destroy the characters Bill Bell has so lovingly crafted along the way. For shame!

I hope she comes back for lily and for sharon she could use a real friend right now.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”