Nick, Phyllis and the Turkey!

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
emesse

Re: Nick, Phyllis and the Turkey!

Postby emesse » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:06 am

Quote Rquattro: I saw the scene as cute and light hearted. I for one found the whole turkey incident a welcome comic relief.

I took it as the writers were trying to convey a message that what matters most at Thanksgiving is family. It doesn't matter what you have to eat or whether you are a good cook; but that you are thankful for the blessing brought upon us. How many women have cried on Thanksgiving after putting their blood sweat and tears into fixing a fine meal for their loved ones to have something go disasterously wrong? I once forgot to take out the bag of giblets the first time I cooked a bird (I cook my stuffing seperately for a vegetarian in my family). What about you?

On that note, I would like to take this opportunity to wish a very happy Thanksgiving to the American Posters; I wish you lots of love, laughter and good turkey Thursday.

Right on Mama, right on!! :)

choochifer1

Postby choochifer1 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:12 am

I did that too with the giblets- My Mom was there and was like "JENN! I thought you KNEW better!!!" She really made a big deal of it. I thought it was easy to overlook myself- still tasted good.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I am thankful for my family, my life, my jobs, and lots of other things- Hope everyone takes the time to think about and be thankful for what they have that is good. It's is easy to focus on the negative in this day and age.

:)

puddycat

Postby puddycat » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:15 am

And thank you to those who helped keep this thread positive that is why I started it - - we need a little "comic relief" at times. And, that scene was definitely funny to me, no matter WHO the characters were. ;)

puddycat

Postby puddycat » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:17 am

Quote niptuck: :-) :-) :-) *) Oh it's still hilarious seeing her trying to be a Homemaker Auk! what a joke a joke trying to be something shes not such a Lovely try however wouldn't you know before you put the Turkey in the Oven that somethings not right, or maybe Red thought that thats the way it was suppose to look, to-to FUNNY, it would be nice for Sharon to invite the whole bunch of them to come to her HOUSE for a real HOME Cooked Meals, something we know she can do (instead of that Sleaze Ball Adam, what on earth was the writers thinking about) poor Lovely Sharon, oh well everyone's not meant to be a COOK, right Ladies?

Yes, I believe we all know that Sharon can cook, but this was about the cute scene between Phyllis and Nick, which lightened my day! :D

emesse

Postby emesse » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:18 am

You're doing a fine job puddy! :D

puddycat

Postby puddycat » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:20 am

Quote judy_bo_booty: This is a definate fast forward moment for me, I can't stand Phyliss trying to be funny. It just doesn't work.

And honestly, who now days couldn't cook a darn turkey??? All you have to do is follow directions, and wait for the little stick to pop out. So stupid Phyliss can't do it? She is supposed to be a smart, intelligent woman.

Well, whether or not you find Phyllis "stupid", was not the theme of the scene. We all know she can't cook, so that made it even funnier to those of us who enjoyed it. :)

puddycat

Postby puddycat » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:23 am

Quote Rquattro: I saw the scene as cute and light hearted. I for one found the whole turkey incident a welcome comic relief.

I took it as the writers were trying to convey a message that what matters most at Thanksgiving is family. It doesn't matter what you have to eat or whether you are a good cook; but that you are thankful for the blessing brought upon us. How many women have cried on Thanksgiving after putting their blood sweat and tears into fixing a fine meal for their loved ones to have something go disasterously wrong? I once forgot to take out the bag of giblets the first time I cooked a bird (I cook my stuffing seperately for a vegetarian in my family). What about you?

On that note, I would like to take this opportunity to wish a very happy Thanksgiving to the American Posters; I wish you lots of love, laughter and good turkey Thursday.

As usual, my friend, you have that bright, positive attitude - - 'tis no wonder you are a happy person!

Happy Thanksgiving to you also. :))

puddycat

Postby puddycat » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:25 am

Quote emesse:

Isn't she great? Always positive and fun to post with! :D

puddycat

Postby puddycat » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:27 am

Quote choochifer1: I did that too with the giblets- My Mom was there and was like "JENN! I thought you KNEW better!!!" She really made a big deal of it. I thought it was easy to overlook myself- still tasted good.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I am thankful for my family, my life, my jobs, and lots of other things- Hope everyone takes the time to think about and be thankful for what they have that is good. It's is easy to focus on the negative in this day and age.

:)

And you also have a great Thanksgiving - - it IS easy to focus on the negative - - too easy - - but people like you can bring a light to a dark room! :D

emesse

Postby emesse » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:28 am

Quote puddycat:
Quote emesse:

Isn't she great? Always positive and fun to post with! :D

Oh yes, I love her, but she's kind of crazy :D shhh, don't tell her I said that! >)

Return to “The Young and the Restless”