Quote girlpoetus: I was on another website and they posted the Nielson ratings for September 28 – October 2, 2009:
Ratings for the week September 28 – October 2, 2009
(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)
1. Y&R 4,964,000 (-314,000/+25,000)
2. B&B 3,261,000 (-125,000/-324,000)
3. DAYS 2,903,000 (+39,000/+397,000)
4. GH 2,635,000 (-35,000/-310,000)
5. OLTL 2,465,000 (+3,000/-29,000)
6. AMC 2,448,000 (-74,000/+67,000)
7. ATWT 2,386,000 (-168,000/-346,000)
Looks like people are feed up and not watching. Ive always said the writers dont give a damn unless the ratings go down...well they have.
I am not surprised. And I do believe this will be the beginning of declining ratings over a long-term period.
Yes, the numbers are higher than last year (not by much though), but still Y&R is the only soap to have declined in over 300,000 viewers as compared to last week.
They are saying Days might soon give the top rated soaps a run for their money. According to the rising numbers, they might be right.
Well, if declining ratings is the only way the writers will care, then that's what they're getting, arent't they?