When did you start watching the show?

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
SueQ

Re: When did you start watching the show?

Postby SueQ » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:56 pm

Quote Plot_Twister: if you think cricket and paul were annoying you should have seen cricket when she was a model. Then decided she was going to go to law school. She was a lawyer in like 3 months or something ridiculous.

I remember Nina being involved with Phillip (or not Phillip whatever) and selling her baby to the actress who used to play sally spectra. That was a good one too.

i rember nina and sally spectra... did you know that she died of stomache cancer in January???

nyaccent

Postby nyaccent » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:02 am

Quote Kasha: What a great thread! :) What great memories this brings back!

I started watching in 1977, I was in college and had never been into soaps before, but everyday when grabbing lunch, it would be on tv in my residential hall. I got hooked. :)
When my kids were born, they watched it with me as a part of the day--just like Sesame Street. In fact, they used to call Y&R-- Jack and Danny! LOL

BTW-I loved the Brooks and Fosters sagas. I still think those were some of the best stories. My husband still remembers when Victor had Julia's BF locked up in the bomb shelter and still jokes about that, but now that he is retired--he even tapes the show for me when I'm not home to watch it!
Great memories from Y&R!

How cute ---what your kids called the show.....

It seems alot of us have been watching for a very long time....They Victor, Julia boyfriend saga is what sticks in my mind the most also......

nyaccent

Postby nyaccent » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:04 am

Quote Plot_Twister: My husband used to pretend that he didnt know what was happening. He was on Second shift and I would have my stories on. Then one day I was talking to a friend about the then current victor/Jack fued and Hubby pipes in with "Victors the man.... " and proceeded to tell us both why for about 5 minutes until he realized he just busted himself lol

So funny..........

nyaccent

Postby nyaccent » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:05 am

Quote mll1206: The show started during my Sophmore and Junior year....I had the biggest crust on Willima Gray Espy....I was so excited when he came on Another World even when he was a bad guy!!!!

Yep, I liked William also......and then he was replaced by David Hasselhoff.....

The actor who played Greg was good looking also....

glowery

Postby glowery » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:15 am

Started watching from the beginning, but there were spans of time I didn't watch at all. And there have been a lot of story lines I have forgotten.

I do remember all three of the Brooks girls, even if I don't remember their names. One was a nurse in love with Snapper, one was a writer, and one was a pianist. The only thing that stands out in my mind about them was the one that played the piano was not very emotionaly stable. Wasn't Jill's Mother their housekeeper?

Then there was the Fosters, Jill the manicurist, Snapper the doctor, and Greg was alwyer wasn't he? At one time Greg was crazy about Nikki after she came to town to live with her sister Casey.

I thought Nikki was the one who joined the cult and Paul just pretended to join to try and get her out.

Man all that has been so long ago, it gives me a headache to even think that far back, :-)

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:39 am

you are right about the cult. Those were very early days in my viewing and I remember it now that you mention it. Paul did Join so he could get her out. Thanks for setting me straight on that *)

Allisa

Postby Allisa » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:45 am

During the Foster/Brooks years. Of course I could only see it in the summer because I was a kid in school.

I remember when Kate Chancellowr (and yes some people called her Kate) got her facelift!

OspreyGirl

Postby OspreyGirl » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:49 am

I've been watching this show since I was 5...YES, 5 years old...I caught up during summer breaks from school, but my mom would fill me in if she was home about what happened everyday. :-) I used to follow all of the CBS soaps, then that changed as a I got older when I narrowed it down to two--Y&R and whatever came on after it (Capitol, B&B, etc)..lol...

Allisa that's so funny...I remember when she got her facelift too, I was like...okay, is she new, where's Katherine? LOL...I remember the Carl Williams days, Patty running away, Ashley's abortion, Victor meeting Nikki at the Bayou, Jill having an affair with Jack while married to John, Tracy vs Lauren vs Cricket=all trying to get Danny Romaloti, etc etc etc...

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:41 am

I remember the facelift too. I remember it being like this huge deal, because she was doing it in real life and they made it a part of the show. Bravo all the way around. Y&R has always been cutting edge. That is one of the things I like about it.

Watching Since 1973

Postby Watching Since 1973 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:42 am

Great Thread! All these old memories. Sometimes I left for awhile but always came back. I remember in 1989 I went through Hurricane Hugo then no tv for 3 months. My sister inlaw faithfully tape the Y&R and sent it to me. Wish I had kept those tapes now! It's vague but I remember Katherine drinking and Philip Chancalor(?). Jill's mother was Katherine's housekeeper then. Jill had two brothers. Wasn't Snapper married to Nikki at one time? I remember three sisters in the Brooks family. The father was a publisher, newspapers or something. Victor keeping Julia's boyfriend in the bomb shelter. Casey, NIkki's sister was the doctor on the show. Kathrine's face lift was such a big deal. She has always been one of my favorites. I really liked when she had the look alike lady kidnap her (yes another kidnapping) and was after her money! Col. Austin Victor's sidekick, and do you remember Mitchel Sherman....everybody's lawyer! Keep the memories coming this is great!

Return to “The Young and the Restless”