??? This does not make sense to me!! ???

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
KH10

??? This does not make sense to me!! ???

Postby KH10 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:57 pm

Has anyone noticed the fact that the ages of the whole Cane, Phillip, Lily, Chance and everyone else invloved doesn't add up.
Lily-21-22 years old approx.?
Cane- in the beginning they lead one to believe he was like 30-32 at the most but Phillip faked his death 20 years ago which means that he would have had to been about 20 at the time to make Chance a toddler when he "died".This would make him to be 40 yrs. old. They expect us to belive that Cane is 40 now as well to match the story.
When Cane and Lily got together I'm sure they said it wasn't that far of an age difference. Cane 40, ya right!!
Furthermore, Amber was first said to be Cane's age which makes her significantly older than Daniel as well who is the same age as Lily???
And how old would that have to make Jill?? 60??
Katherine?? 80??
This does not make sense to me at all. I think I confused :~ myself more with trying to write it out!!

clicquot1

Re: ??? This does not make sense to me!! ???

Postby clicquot1 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:44 pm

Quote KH10: Has anyone noticed the fact that the ages of the whole Cane, Phillip, Lily, Chance and everyone else invloved doesn't add up.
Lily-21-22 years old approx.?
Cane- in the beginning they lead one to believe he was like 30-32 at the most but Phillip faked his death 20 years ago which means that he would have had to been about 20 at the time to make Chance a toddler when he "died".This would make him to be 40 yrs. old. They expect us to belive that Cane is 40 now as well to match the story.
When Cane and Lily got together I'm sure they said it wasn't that far of an age difference. Cane 40, ya right!!
Furthermore, Amber was first said to be Cane's age which makes her significantly older than Daniel as well who is the same age as Lily???
And how old would that have to make Jill?? 60??
Katherine?? 80??
This does not make sense to me at all. I think I confused :~ myself more with trying to write it out!!

Lily is 22, Daniel is 21, Amber is 29, Cane is 33 going on 34( his birthdate on passport is DECEMBER of 1975), PC3 is 38 going on 39, Katherine is 80 and Jill is around 56-60. Hope that helps. Chance is 20-21 and PC3 was at the time of the s/l supposed to also be the same age as CANE but long time viewers knew he was really older because of CHANCE's age and the timeline. PC3 was SORA'd to the right age and CANE was not. Since DANIEL GODDARD is really 38 he could have easily played 38-40 years old, though. Hope that helps, sometimes TPTB forget the dates of their characters and many have multiple birthdates and some are SORA'd without their parents ages being changed.

Eppy

Postby Eppy » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:52 pm

Because Cane in an imposter playing PCIII, he doesn't necessarily have to be the same age as PCIII.

KH10

Postby KH10 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:01 am

The witers have to realize that the math doesn't add up. Cane and PC3 would have had to be the same age for Jill to believe he was her son.
It has stated very clearly in the past few episodes that PC3 faked his death 20 years ago which means that in order for him to be "38" he faked his death at age 18 and got married and had a baby with Nina when he was 16-17.Which still does not explain the age gap between PC3 and Cane. For PC3 to be the same age he would have had to disappear when he was 12(married with a baby and all)????
This does not add up and seems alittle careless of the writers.
If he faked his death 10-15 years ago that would make a lot more sense. It's hard to buy this way... :|
Cane could lie about his age to match PC3 but...
Cane's age was mentioned when he and Amber broke up and he was interested in Lily. They talked about the age difference and he almost didn't date her because of it.

clicquot1

Postby clicquot1 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:21 am

Quote KH10: The witers have to realize that the math doesn't add up. Cane and PC3 would have had to be the same age for Jill to believe he was her son.
It has stated very clearly in the past few episodes that PC3 faked his death 20 years ago which means that in order for him to be "38" he faked his death at age 18 and got married and had a baby with Nina when he was 16-17.Which still does not explain the age gap between PC3 and Cane. For PC3 to be the same age he would have had to disappear when he was 12(married with a baby and all)????
This does not add up and seems alittle careless of the writers.
If he faked his death 10-15 years ago that would make a lot more sense. It's hard to buy this way... :|
Cane could lie about his age to match PC3 but...
Cane's age was mentioned when he and Amber broke up and he was interested in Lily. They talked about the age difference and he almost didn't date her because of it.

TPTB messed up, they mentioned Cane's age when he FIRST came on (LML) and he should have been SORA'D to reflect the age pf PC3 but he wasn't. He wasn't 16-17 when he fathered his son, he was actually 19 when PC3 was born(just barely)and CHANCE is 19-21 but I always thought his birthday was w/in a month or so of CHRISTMAS because I remember him being such a small baby at CHRISTMAS and Cricket taking him to see his dad. So, he might be 19 going on 20. There is alot of approximations in soap land because of all the SORAing that they do, and alot of messups. For example, TGVN was introduced in 1980 BUT VICK & NICK are NOW born(SORA'D)so that they BOTH are born before he ever was introduced onto the show with VICK(1970) and NICK (1973)and BILLY(1983)BEFORE PC3 "faked" his death and WE know that is NOT TRUE. Go figure, it's quite humorous to many of us. I now think Nikki has to be much older of course than we all thought she was............................................

Oreo123

Postby Oreo123 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:52 am

Quote Eppy: Because Cane in an imposter playing PCIII, he doesn't necessarily have to be the same age as PCIII.

Thank you for your logical and simple explanation that makes complete sense and explains all the unnecessary confusion around the ages of these men. ;)

LKGF

Postby LKGF » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:32 am

This all has annoyed me since they brought IV/Chance back into the scene. But ya'll have overlooked/forgotten the biggest blunder of them all that keep eating at me, IV was born before Billy, by several years, and now they have it that Billy is III/Cane ish age and Chance is younger than all of them. None of the math works out on this and it is not only messed up mathwise, but it is so clearly written in any and all of the character histories you can easily look up on this site and online... Jill was married to Stuart Brooks via faked pregnancy, married and divorced to John with what might have been Jack's kid, and then remarried John, all AFTER IV was born, III was to have died, and then Billy Abbott was born. So techinically if Chance is 21 then Billy should only be about 15 or even younger!!!!!

boldbeautiful

Postby boldbeautiful » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:45 am

I think Billy really should be around 16 or 17. My daughter is 16 and I think he was born maybe a little before her.

soapgran

Postby soapgran » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:51 am

I believe tiic don't want the viewers to be logical, just take it as written. >) >)

KatGotToGo

Postby KatGotToGo » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:17 am

Just like Nick-Phyliss=Summer how ?) they aged in yrs married & Summer >(

Return to “The Young and the Restless”