Anyone else tired of Neil with Tyra?

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Oreo123

Re: Anyone else tired of Neil with Tyra?

Postby Oreo123 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:04 pm

Ironic...Neil needs to know that Lily is a grown woman and has to make her own choices...about men and marriage....can Neil be extended the same courtesy?

cajunlizz0315

Postby cajunlizz0315 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:57 am

Quote herekittykitty: I think Neil is being weighed down with Tyra. His s/l has just gone terrible! Someone else needs to step in and be with him during this Lily crises and boot Tyra out of the way!

The ratings would SKYROCKET if the writers were smart enough to BRING DRU BACK NOW ........... When Lily and Neil need her the most .

sweet and sexy fernel

Postby sweet and sexy fernel » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:59 am

dem ppl upsettin me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
where is karen may i ask sum 1???
is she stil a part of y&r??????????

annyhall

Postby annyhall » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:54 am

Quote cajunlizz0315:
Quote herekittykitty: I think Neil is being weighed down with Tyra. His s/l has just gone terrible! Someone else needs to step in and be with him during this Lily crises and boot Tyra out of the way!

The ratings would SKYROCKET if the writers were smart enough to BRING DRU BACK NOW ........... When Lily and Neil need her the most .

If Dru came back now she wouldn't be in any condition to help Lily. She would have to have a good reason as to why she has been missing so long and the only good one would be amnesia. She would have to have some time to remember her family before she could even relate to Lily. So right now would not be a good time for her to show up.

jjourney

Postby jjourney » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:59 am

i hear you im also tired of N & T really miss karen she and neil had magic chemistry tgthr.

colormebadd

Postby colormebadd » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:33 am

JMO but it's kind of hard to get tired of characters you hardly see on the show. Unfortunately the only reason why we are seeing a lot more of Neil and Devon is because of Lily's illness. We have only had about 2 or 3 quick glimpses of Tyra this month and as for Ana where did she disappear to Boarding School?

divorcedatlast

Postby divorcedatlast » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:39 am

Tyra needs to go be a mother to her adopted child. So far I hae not read anything where anyone actually like this character. I do not believe it is because she broke up Neil/Karen.
I think it is because she is trying to take Dru's place in everyone's life. She wants them to think that she is better than Dru was. She is going to be soo sorry if she tries to come between Lily and Neil. That is one quick way to get a kick out the front door.

She never did set right with any one on the set or any viewer. I do not care if she was ANTM she just does not fit in here.

HOT PINK

Postby HOT PINK » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:44 am

Quote niptuck: I love me some Jill BUT not with Neil (whom i also love) But that could never happen shes way to OLD for Neil, Neils in his early 40s. and Jill in her 60s. that would never happen.I'm sure they will find someone for Neil. Tyra i say the Detective OR Det. and Olivia. ?) ~) !)

Though her portrayer, Jess Walton, turned 60 in February, Jill IS NOT in her 60's. She was around 20 when the show debuted 36 years ago, so she's around 55-56. And, Katherine's son Brock is around 59 and he's a few years older than Jill.

Back on topic - I've been sick of the Neil and Tyra thing since day one. Hated the way Karen was tossed to the curb for this "romance" (which it IS NOT). I wish Dru would come back PRONTO and reclaim her family and her man.

Oreo123

Postby Oreo123 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:55 am

Sadly for Karen Neil was trying to forget Dru and move on and choose Karen. He convinced himself and Karen that he was in love with her and actually wasn't. Karen knew that BEFORE she married him but made a conscious decision to marry him anyway. She attempted to use Tyra's daughter to hold the marriage together....Neil stopped her from doing that by admitting their marriage was in trouble in court so Ana could be with the person who she knows as her mother - Tyra. He did the right thing. Both Devon and Lily agreed.

It was not right for either Tyra or Neil to succumb to their feelings for each other while Neil was married. They did. Neil had to face the truth - about his marriage to Karen being a mistake and his own human weakness. Until then he didn't know he was capable of weakness or - at least - coulo never admit it to himself. He had to accept weakness in others from that point on and be less judgemental. He does not want to rush into another living arrangement with Tyra - or any woman - until he is sure he is not just replacing Dru or compensating for being alone. He will not repeat the mistake he made with Karen and hurt another woman.
Now he will have to accept his daughter's decision to be with Cane. Let's see if his experience with Karen really taught him anything.

SLEUTH

Postby SLEUTH » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:14 pm

Quote lonnie9755: Yes I am tired of both of them. I only liked Tyra when she was with the Detective, but I really never like Tyra. I always felt she had a secret agenda when she came. With Neil they either need to bring back Drucilla or find him someone on his level...because Tyra is surely not

ITA. I have enjoyed the last few "Winters' Family" scenes without the great actress.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”