no nick and sharon

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
shickalways

Re: no nick and sharon

Postby shickalways » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:54 am

Quote yandrfannum1: I used to love Phick but the writers made me sick of them now I want Phyllis away from Nick. Sharon can have him. Shick are cheaters and I don't see that changing. No couples last forever on soaps so I'm sorry but I don't believe in end games for any couple. All three of them (Sharon,Nick and Phyllis)will always be connected and sadly I don't see that ever changing

we're not saying that they won't be a part of each others lives. We're saying that Nick belongs with Sharon not Phyllis. Don't get me wrong I love Phyllis but not with Nick.

Soulsistah

Postby Soulsistah » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:54 pm

Isn't it interesting that both Shick and Phyllis fans (the main core of the "Phick" fanbase, IMO)have been saying, moreso now than ever, that Phyllis shouldn't be with Nick (for different reasons, perhaps, but point taken). There is a natural chemistry and "fit" that Nick and Sharon have that Phick never, ever had, despite so many attempts to force more viewers to "see it". Both Phyllis and Nick had to be "dumbed down" to be together in attempt at compatibility. Phyllis tried to act (and dress) younger than her character is ("definitely!" "Absolutely!!" :-)) to match up more with Nick's predominantly school-boy, pocket-pool-playing, "duh, dude - let's have sex - then order a pizza and play video games" personality - as created only when LML hacked up the show (Nick was NEVER that character before). Phyllis was like Nick's mother during their first 2+ years. :o

I find it beyond hilarious how much effort has been spent trying to make Phick as beloved by so many as Shick is - replete with an attempt to simulate fan love for Season, like Cassie had. But here's why it doesn't work for the majority of of non-Phick fans, IMO: we watched the supremely talented Camryn Grimes grow up as "Cassie" before our eyes and had years to truly come to know and love this character as SHick's daughter and see them interact for years as a real - not forced - family.

Season? :-) For the first two years this child was mute (no offense, but she really didn't talk or react) and was only pulled into a few scenes while she remained "at the sitter's" or "with the nanny" for the remainder of her existence - until just a few weeks ago for this "Season in Crisis!" plot contrivance. :-) Sadly, I don't think many viewers can connect with Season as a character, in the same way they did for Cassie, because she's been really only used as a prop to keep Phick together - from even before her "miracle" birth. There is no comparison and, from what I've seen on other boards, other viewers are really finding it hard to see Summer as anything more than a Phick-plot point. Shick has it all over Phick in so many ways, IMO, that I find it funny because there is no comparison. But hey, as the saying goes, "imitation is the highest form of flattery". ;) 3) Go Shick!

restlessrhino101

Postby restlessrhino101 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:03 pm

Quote sarasecret007: Bring Nick and Sharon back together! Phyllis is the one living in a fantasy world.

excuse me, but imho, phyllis is the only one in that mix, that is living in the real world! nick and sharon are living in the past!

Soulsistah

Postby Soulsistah » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:17 pm

You can't argue with what the character actually says, and Phyllis herself did say that she "bought into the fantasy" of life with Nick the night he finally told her the truth that Sharon was who wanted to be with. ;) She was the one living in la-la-land convincing herself that Nick was not still in love with Sharon and that she was more than "a shrink with benefits" to Nick :-) :-) :-) (one of my fav lines!). No, I think Phyllis was the one who truly deluded herself into thinking Sharon was out of Nick's heart, when she clearly wasn't, and refused to accept that if it weren't for Cassie's death, Shick would still be together - no question.

KeepingItReal

Postby KeepingItReal » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:42 pm

Soul you can tell that Skettle's head was in a Bubble....her telling Nick I don't want this moment to "never never end" She sounded like Peter Pan.....with her never never crap.

Great posts Soul! You always break it down with the facts...Phick was never the "It" couple no matter how hard they tried.........how long they going to make her the Default for?????....it's getting old. He never should of married her in the first place..... Jack should of taken that test!

buttercup12

Postby buttercup12 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:57 pm

Sharon lied about who the father of the baby is. She should not have lied about the baby no matter what the circumstances are with her and Nick's relationship. That is never the right thing to do for anyone.

Hush783

Postby Hush783 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:00 pm

Quote Soulsistah: Isn't it interesting that both Shick and Phyllis fans (the main core of the "Phick" fanbase, IMO)have been saying, moreso now than ever, that Phyllis shouldn't be with Nick (for different reasons, perhaps, but point taken). There is a natural chemistry and "fit" that Nick and Sharon have that Phick never, ever had, despite so many attempts to force more viewers to "see it". Both Phyllis and Nick had to be "dumbed down" to be together in attempt at compatibility. Phyllis tried to act (and dress) younger than her character is ("definitely!" "Absolutely!!" :-)) to match up more with Nick's predominantly school-boy, pocket-pool-playing, "duh, dude - let's have sex - then order a pizza and play video games" personality - as created only when LML hacked up the show (Nick was NEVER that character before). Phyllis was like Nick's mother during their first 2+ years. :o

I find it beyond hilarious how much effort has been spent trying to make Phick as beloved by so many as Shick is - replete with an attempt to simulate fan love for Season, like Cassie had. But here's why it doesn't work for the majority of of non-Phick fans, IMO: we watched the supremely talented Camryn Grimes grow up as "Cassie" before our eyes and had years to truly come to know and love this character as SHick's daughter and see them interact for years as a real - not forced - family.

Season? :-) For the first two years this child was mute (no offense, but she really didn't talk or react) and was only pulled into a few scenes while she remained "at the sitter's" or "with the nanny" for the remainder of her existence - until just a few weeks ago for this "Season in Crisis!" plot contrivance. :-) Sadly, I don't think many viewers can connect with Season as a character, in the same way they did for Cassie, because she's been really only used as a prop to keep Phick together - from even before her "miracle" birth. There is no comparison and, from what I've seen on other boards, other viewers are really finding it hard to see Summer as anything more than a Phick-plot point. Shick has it all over Phick in so many ways, IMO, that I find it funny because there is no comparison. But hey, as the saying goes, "imitation is the highest form of flattery". ;) 3) Go Shick!

great post, soul!

dumbed down is the key word. they've turned nick into a total prick ever since he's been with that nag. what a setback for the character/actor. one minute you're playing a decent family man who is determined, responsible and ambitious, next minute you have him reciting dialogue with "hey dude" and have him ditching his family to play video games with a highschool wannabe. what a shame.

they've tried everything they could to try and make this pairing work but it just aint happening. they are extremely mismatched (she looks more and more like his mother/aunty everyday--especially when she's scolding him), have nothing in common (phyllis is a fake wannabe who is doing what she thinks young kids do these days--sex & video games), can't carry on a real conversation without the disgusting (unnesessary) use of stale sex, nagging, yelling, shrieking etc etc, and they wouldn't last a moment without the use to two very important major props--miracle-boink-baby & sharon :-) . nick and sharons bond is SO tight that they had to kill a child to tear them apart and had to nearly kill a child again to, once again, keep them apart. oh man...this is getting more and more stupid by the day. phick has had their (LONGGG and BOOORING) 15 minutes of sh(f)ame and it's really (REALLY) time to close the curtains. this nastiness should've been nothing more then an affair so both characters could walk away with some (teeny-tiny) shred of (very puny shred) of dignity. but goodness gracious, they have one chick on the floor begging and pleading for a man to stay with her even if it's for pitys sake and a boy (who was once a man when he was with sharon and their family) being bullied/manipulated by a women who wants him to (bang her/&) stay with her or forget being any part of 'their' childs life...
they both look like FOOLS (one more then the either...). FOOLS!

and gosh girl, don't even get me started on the dumba-- coma s/l for the miracle-boink-baby. how in the world are the writers expecting to get emotion from an audience that was just introduced to this prop, once-upon-a-time-mute child?! comparing her to cassie?!! wtf?! :-) writers, please stop smoking crack and try to give us something that is somewhat original and new. i know shick kicked major a-- and their stories were awesome but don't waste those classics on this beavis and butthead duo. it's insulting and the stories don't fit them.

writers, please cut the crap and pick up a copy of "how to write for dummies" cause lawd knows y'all need it :-)

Hush783

Postby Hush783 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:04 pm

Quote restlessrhino101:
Quote sarasecret007: Bring Nick and Sharon back together! Phyllis is the one living in a fantasy world.

excuse me, but imho, phyllis is the only one in that mix, that is living in the real world! nick and sharon are living in the past!

ya, the scripted tv show, The Real World, that appears on MTV. i totally agree with you. phyllis is living a lie :-)

KeepingItReal

Postby KeepingItReal » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:06 pm

Quote Hush783:
Quote restlessrhino101:

ya, the scripted tv show, The Real World, that appears on MTV. i totally agree with you. phyllis is living a lie :-)

I hear that. Cause if this was the "real world"...her butt would of gotten a beat down long time(not litterally.....more like a tongue lashing and shun by the town)...Plus she wouldn't of gone singing ladi dadi down the isle with her belly.

KeepingItReal

Postby KeepingItReal » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:08 pm

Quote buttercup12: Sharon lied about who the father of the baby is. She should not have lied about the baby no matter what the circumstances are with her and Nick's relationship. That is never the right thing to do for anyone.

I agree it was wrong.

But there's been so much wrong going on for years....I come to realize that the nonsense they try to sell me...I don't got to buy it......

Return to “The Young and the Restless”