Why the writing is so BAD!!!!

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
nikkinak

Re: Why the writing is so BAD!!!!

Postby nikkinak » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:05 am

Though I am far from pleased with all the current storylines, I do not want to see Y&R cancelled. They need to clean house! Why would they hire a writer who has been a part of (and cause of) shows been cancelled and unhappy fans??? Like I said...they need to clean house. Certainly there are many talented, creative people out there who could take over and bring this show back to life!!! I've taken a break from B&B and I'm hanging in with Y&R by a weak thread. The solution is so simple!

LexNex

Postby LexNex » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:30 am

Quote LKGF: You forgot to mention that the shows that Sheffer founded (I want to be a soapstar and Passions) were both poorly written and were soon cancelled. I think MAB hired him and did so on purpose so that the show would lose all it's lifelong fans and no one would complain too much when it gets cancelled. I don't think they (tptb) really care what the fans think any longer, and Sony just wants to make a fortune and since times are bad all over they all be pleased to watch our favorite soap just go down the tubes.

I am starting to think that they are purposely sabotaging this show.

Leel

Postby Leel » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:35 am

Quote lindsey98y: I found this article about Hogan Sheffer who is CO-HEAD WRITER on the Young and the Restless, I just remember watching DAYS OF OUR LIVES and the writing was just so unbelieveable and horrible really. I think this is why Y&R is so strange right now, his stories are out of the norm.

If Maria Bell is the head writer, why does she allow this?

Sheffer's writing style alienated a number of longtime fans of ATWT, who complained that he rewrote characters to suit the purposes of a given storyline. In particular, he and his team were criticized for departing from history and/or established character motivation and behavior.

Sunnyflower

Postby Sunnyflower » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:37 am

Quote lindsey98y: I found this article about Hogan Sheffer who is CO-HEAD WRITER on the Young and the Restless, I just remember watching DAYS OF OUR LIVES and the writing was just so unbelieveable and horrible really. I think this is why Y&R is so strange right now, his stories are out of the norm.

Sheffer's writing style alienated a number of longtime fans of ATWT, who complained that he rewrote characters to suit the purposes of a given storyline. In particular, he and his team were criticized for departing from history and/or established character motivation and behavior.

Yep - I had to stop watching DOOL when he was there and I took my first break from Y&R ever just recently.

Why oh why this man continues to find employment is beyond me. He ruins everything he touches.

Elisheba

Postby Elisheba » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:56 am

I used to watch Days of Our Lives and stopped years ago because of the writing. The story lines were unbelievable, and the Y&R, with the sadistic scrips, has lost me as a viewer until the writing improves, and may never watch the soap again just as I have never watch Days of Our Lives in almost a decade. It's been a slow burn but if viewership decline is what they want, then their wish has come true.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”