Isn't this what we asked for?

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
olderthandirt

Isn't this what we asked for?

Postby olderthandirt » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:23 pm

Think about: for example: there are huge amounts of people who want Nick and Sharon together and Jack and Phyllis. There is an equal crowd of people who want Jack + Sharon and Nick + Phyllis. Years ago there was a survey for Vic and Nikki or Vic and Ashley? A lot of people voted and yet it was pretty close.

It seems to me the writers have chosen to write for the fans. Every story line flips the fans burger. So one week we get one couple and the next week they tear them apart and give us the other one. This way all of the fans are happy because we all get some time with the couple we like.

For years people have screamed to bring back Nina and Phillip. Well how would we like that to be done? Phillip was dead, so that means doing some thing that insults the intelligence of the viewers. Like John Abbott: many fans really thought it terrible he died, so the writers allowed fans the presence of Jerry Douglas on screen the only way they could: as a ghost.

The writers have forgotten that the soap belongs to the creator. The written word belongs to the creator and it is their call to weave a story that fans will enjoy. In trying to please all of the fans at once we the fans are left with ridiculous story lines, chaos, and insulted intelligence.

Now there are so many characters on the soap it is impossible to see any of them long enough to really enjoy them at their best. Like my mother used to say: be careful what you wish for because you may not like it when you get it.

IMO the writers are really good at giving us the chaos we ask for.

dimie

Re: Isn't this what we asked for?

Postby dimie » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:13 pm

I get what you're saying, but we're still pissed anyway.

ILuvNY

Postby ILuvNY » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:20 pm

The writing on this soap is failing miserably. The plot twists are predictable and boring, and they've ruined several of the characters. This is the first time in almost 36 years of watching this soap that I am NOT watching! :~

lilpiggy

Postby lilpiggy » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:41 pm

Quote dimie: I get what you're saying, but we're still pissed anyway.

Yea dimie, that's telling them!!!

Return to “The Young and the Restless”