My Sharon and Phyllis Epiphany

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
yandrorbust

Re: My Sharon and Phyllis Epiphany

Postby yandrorbust » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:23 am

Thank-you ladies for posting your thoughts. It's nice to see that most everyone agrees that both these women are terrific talents. The show would suffer greatly to loose either of them, so I for one hope that never happens.

I come here to see the spoilers and read the theories that people have the different S/L. Some of you have some great ideas, Cliquot is a veritable encyclopedia of Y&R info, she's awesome! Keep the theories and info coming. That's what most of us like to see. :)

yrnub

Postby yrnub » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:24 pm

Quote yandrorbust: I have seen more threads regarding these two characters than any of the others combined. One side will never change the opinion of the other. It's almost like expecting a die hard republican to become a democrat or vice versa. Everyone has a right to their opinion but their only seem to be two opinions that I ever see being expressed about these women. It's like watching the same post over and over and over again. Try as I might, I'm ashamed to say that I find myself getting sucked into the debate that no one ever really wins by the way.

So I had this Epiphany... Remember the saying, "Never discuss politics or religion at a dinner party"? We should include BOTH Phyllis and Sharon in the group of topics to avoid. LOL! :-) and there will be the peace. !) !) :D

Now, I hope no one freaks out, this is just my opinion and it's not meant to offend anyone. I just thought it was funny.

You guys have NO idea how tame and sweet this message board is about Phyllis and Sharon compared to the one I just left. They are out for blood over there. It is very refreshing to be on a thread where every one is civil and respectful of each other's opinions. At least you admit that the EXACT same arguments occur over and over...

yandrorbust

Postby yandrorbust » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:17 pm

Quote yrnub:
Quote yandrorbust: I have seen more threads regarding these two characters than any of the others combined. One side will never change the opinion of the other. It's almost like expecting a die hard republican to become a democrat or vice versa. Everyone has a right to their opinion but their only seem to be two opinions that I ever see being expressed about these women. It's like watching the same post over and over and over again. Try as I might, I'm ashamed to say that I find myself getting sucked into the debate that no one ever really wins by the way.

So I had this Epiphany... Remember the saying, "Never discuss politics or religion at a dinner party"? We should include BOTH Phyllis and Sharon in the group of topics to avoid. LOL! :-) and there will be the peace. !) !) :D

Now, I hope no one freaks out, this is just my opinion and it's not meant to offend anyone. I just thought it was funny.

You guys have NO idea how tame and sweet this message board is about Phyllis and Sharon compared to the one I just left. They are out for blood over there. It is very refreshing to be on a thread where every one is civil and respectful of each other's opinions. At least you admit that the EXACT same arguments occur over and over...

There's another board out there that's worse? Wow!
look, Y&R is a daily escape for me, as it is for a lot of us. I role my eyes and occasionally talk back to the screen. We all have our opinions, but when you see people getting so bent out of shape on both sides, you almost want to remind them that it's FICTION!

I for one have decided that I'm just not going to post on any thread that I see is getting nasty. Unfortunately, that pretty much means that I can't post on any thread that mentions either Phyllis or Sharon in it. That kind of sucks
cuz I'd love to discuss where those S/L's are going but it seems like no matter how or why the thread is started, it always goes back to the same 2 or 3 arguments with the same 5 or 6 examples. Oiy!!! Something new PLEASE!!!! ~)

ILuvNY

Postby ILuvNY » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:28 pm

Quote yandrorbust:
Quote yrnub:

There's another board out there that's worse? Wow!
look, Y&R is a daily escape for me, as it is for a lot of us. I role my eyes and occasionally talk back to the screen. We all have our opinions, but when you see people getting so bent out of shape on both sides, you almost want to remind them that it's FICTION!

I for one have decided that I'm just not going to post on any thread that I see is getting nasty. Unfortunately, that pretty much means that I can't post on any thread that mentions either Phyllis or Sharon in it. That kind of sucks
cuz I'd love to discuss where those S/L's are going but it seems like no matter how or why the thread is started, it always goes back to the same 2 or 3 arguments with the same 5 or 6 examples. Oiy!!! Something new PLEASE!!!! ~)

Just post around the nasty posts instead of responding to them.
I have visited some other boards and would NEVER post on them because the names that are used against the characters and other posters are over the top!!!
This board is fairly well monitored, and "bad posts" are usually deleted! ;)

Tambam

Postby Tambam » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:05 pm

I was finding myself getting sucked into the debate too. I like your democrate/republican metaphor. LOL

clicquot1

Postby clicquot1 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:35 pm

Quote yandrorbust: Thank-you ladies for posting your thoughts. It's nice to see that most everyone agrees that both these women are terrific talents. The show would suffer greatly to loose either of them, so I for one hope that never happens.

I come here to see the spoilers and read the theories that people have the different S/L. Some of you have some great ideas, Cliquot is a veritable encyclopedia of Y&R info, she's awesome! Keep the theories and info coming. That's what most of us like to see. :)

I just wanted to say thank you for the lovely compliment, but I bow to the QUEEN of all the cannon in GC and that is Daisy Jane, she is so good. I tried to answer in that thread you made but Candace closed it. I think it is against rules to single out a poster for any reason, sorry. Anyway thank you again for the lovely compliment. You made my day and happy 4th.

yandrorbust

Postby yandrorbust » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:44 pm

Quote clicquot1:
Quote yandrorbust: Thank-you ladies for posting your thoughts. It's nice to see that most everyone agrees that both these women are terrific talents. The show would suffer greatly to loose either of them, so I for one hope that never happens.

I just wanted to say thank you for the lovely compliment, but I bow to the QUEEN of all the cannon in GC and that is Daisy Jane, she is so good. I tried to answer in that thread you made but Candace closed it. I think it is against rules to single out a poster for any reason, sorry. Anyway thank you again for the lovely compliment. You made my day and happy 4th.

Wooops! I didn't know that I wasn't allowed to do that, my bad. Sorry Candace! *) Daisy Jane... thanks I will look for her posts as well. Hope you have a great holiday weekend! :-)

Old and tired

Postby Old and tired » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:54 pm

Clicquot1 and Daisy Jane, you both are amazing with knowing the history of y/r. Thanks I never question any one of your knowledge as to past shows. Both your post are great!

Return to “The Young and the Restless”