Old Adam??

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
CoCoNut4U

Old Adam??

Postby CoCoNut4U » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:44 am

Does anyone know why the Old Adam was knocked off the show??? ?)
I really liked him better........Not crazy about this new one!.....He just don't have the Carisma as the old one did..........Bring him back!!! ;)

LKGF

Re: Old Adam??

Postby LKGF » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:03 am

RUMOR has it that CE did not want to play a gay man, or play this gay s/l and walked out. There is also rumor that TPTB are suing him for breach of contract...

Personally, I haven't decided about the new guy, and I do miss Skippy, took me a while to get used to him but he became Adam for me. And the new actor seems to be doing a fine job, I got the distinct impression that "Adam" (cuz the new guy's just NOT a Skippy) was even more disgusted with his behaviour with Rafe then all of the viewing audience put together. He just seemed totally grossed about about the line he had crossed, knowing he had gone TOO FAR, and showered and called Heather... I know we don't need to see the details of this relationship, but I could not help but wonder if he was done by Rafe or the other way around. Leaving it to my imagination, and the way he was acting so tortured, well it actually made me wonder about things I just don't usually wonder about!!!!

carlotta1960

Postby carlotta1960 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:19 am

IMHO, I think that CE quit because he did not want to do THIS s/l. He was not opposed to playing a gay man, but was opposed to playing a straight man PRETENDING to be gay to trick a gay man. If you read his statement he talks about having a lot of respect for gays he knows. I personally do not like gay s/l and have personal beliefs in opposition to that lifestyle but having said that, I am horrified at the abuse/use of a gay character at the hands of a straight conman!

aprlmxn

Postby aprlmxn » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:06 pm

Quote carlotta1960: IMHO, I think that CE quit because he did not want to do THIS s/l. He was not opposed to playing a gay man, but was opposed to playing a straight man PRETENDING to be gay to trick a gay man. If you read his statement he talks about having a lot of respect for gays he knows. I personally do not like gay s/l and have personal beliefs in opposition to that lifestyle but having said that, I am horrified at the abuse/use of a gay character at the hands of a straight conman!

I agree. I am not gay but I find this idea of a straight person pretending to be gay to "con" someone who is as being very disrespectful to gay people. A truly gay story line is one thing but a "pretend" story is just rude.

Candace

Postby Candace » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:09 pm

He left due to creative differences. :)

Return to “The Young and the Restless”