MAB tv guide canada interview

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Oreo123

Re: MAB tv guide canada interview

Postby Oreo123 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:26 pm

More digging around the trash bins of soap studios revealed why Y&R's storylines resemble the Twilight Zone- or what viewers have described as such..............
Paul Rauch the Ex Producer was ctiticized for his production credits on "One Life to Live" for featuring Sci-Fi plots and Time Travel !!! ~) ~) LMAO

MAB ...a 1987 graduate of Northwestern University and the daughter in law of Y&R's creater's Willima and Lee Bell she began as a fashion consultant on B&B in 1989 and quickly became a Script Writer that same year until 1992.
Since 1992 to 2007.....don't know what she was doing....then in 2007 she joined Y&R when Lynn Latham was relieved of her duties.

Say what you want about Hogan Sheffler but he was nominated for 6 Daytime Emmy's and won 4 for ATWT. Criticism lobbed at him were mostly due to longtime viewers and actors alienation when their characters were rewritten to suit the new or aletered storyline so ften departing from their established behaviors. SOUND FAMILIAR?

Yes there are reasons for everything..and knowing the background of TPTB help to understand why and where the plots are going as well as the viewers LOL

JK9898

Postby JK9898 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:47 pm

Quote Oreo123: More digging around the trash bins of soap studios revealed why Y&R's storylines resemble the Twilight Zone- or what viewers have described as such..............
Paul Rauch the Ex Producer was ctiticized for his production credits on "One Life to Live" for featuring Sci-Fi plots and Time Travel !!! ~) ~) LMAO

MAB ...a 1987 graduate of Northwestern University and the daughter in law of Y&R's creater's Willima and Lee Bell she began as a fashion consultant on B&B in 1989 and quickly became a Script Writer that same year until 1992.
Since 1992 to 2007.....don't know what she was doing....then in 2007 she joined Y&R when Lynn Latham was relieved of her duties.

Say what you want about Hogan Sheffler but he was nominated for 6 Daytime Emmy's and won 4 for ATWT. Criticism lobbed at him were mostly due to longtime viewers and actors alienation when their characters were rewritten to suit the new or aletered storyline so ften departing from their established behaviors. SOUND FAMILIAR?

Yes there are reasons for everything..and knowing the background of TPTB help to understand why and where the plots are going as well as the viewers LOL

I watched OLTL then and he had some far out plots. I also remember when Tina who was pregnant fell off of a waterfall Cord thought she was dead and at Cord's wedding to that Gordon girl can't remember her first name but her real name is Marcia Cross she plays on Desperate Housewives Tina showed up with baby in hand. They have had some wild stuff on OLTL. I think it was about 5 to 8 years ago when Viki long dead father came back and I think this is right kidnapped Natalie and Jessica Viki's daughters and was going to take the heart of one of the girls so he could live. It was weird but I have watched OLTL on and off for 20 or so years.

juann

Postby juann » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:15 pm

Quote JK9898: I was surfing the net and came across a site that had a Nelson Branco TV Guide interview with MAB and I will paraphrase what he said this interview was posted a week ago.

He basically said the LML destroyed the heart and soul of Y&R and that within a year MAB has revitalized the soap and restored it's creativity and glory without compromising cast, characters, storytelling or ethics. He said the winners are the fans. She also credited Paul Rauch, Hogan Sheffner, and Scott Hamner.

I just wonder how many of you agree with this statement. To me its a bunch of bullspit. I haven't seen any improvement within the last year of this show. I wonder how much she paid him to say that. Sounds like a lot of spin to me. To me it is nowhere near its "glory days".

I read this article when it was posted a few weeks ago and I couldn't agree with you more. If memory serves me correctly,when Hogan Sheffner was at Days of Our Lives writing, he basically ruined the show. A lot of his storylines lost viewers and their ratings really suffered because of this. I think Y&R made a huge mistake by hiring Hogan. I also think that MAB has a lot of work to do if she wants to restore the show to its glory days. The show is nowhere near where it used to be back in the days when I started watching 25 years ago.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”