Is there a psychiatrist in the house?

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
ilovemedanes

Is there a psychiatrist in the house?

Postby ilovemedanes » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:38 pm

If ever a show needed a psychiatrist it's Y&R! Sharon, Kevin, Ashley, and poor Noah just to name a few...along with all the Y&R fans trying to cope with such dark and disturbing s/ls (Kevin in the closet and with the chipmunk, Adam causing and covering up a miscarriage, MJ crossing the line from fun crazy female revenge to child abuse!) Boy with all of us fans it sure is going to be difficult to get an appointment! This psychiatrist is definitely going to need their own office with a receptionst (unlike Paul and Michael) :-) . There's no way we're all going to fit into coffee house ~)

trixie60

Re: Is there a psychiatrist in the house?

Postby trixie60 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:44 pm

LOL So true. These characters would have to have a waiting period for an appointment. One thing is for sure the psychiatrist would be plenty busy and the money from it would be rolling in from all the crazy's in GC. This town not only needs one of them but several psychiatrist's to handle everyone and their problems. But hey, your right. This is exactly what this town needs. :) :)

Crimson1

Postby Crimson1 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:21 pm

That's why I'm suggesting the return of Brock! He'd make a great counselor. When I saw him at Billy's wedding, I felt like breathing a big sigh of relief.

Daisy Jane

Postby Daisy Jane » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:34 pm

I like Drucilla's counselor. The time she received a court order for anger management, after she and Carmen Mesta got in a catfight.

ilovemedanes

Postby ilovemedanes » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:56 pm

Quote Daisy Jane: I like Drucilla's counselor. The time she received a court order for anger management, after she and Carmen Mesta got in a catfight.

I think anger management is a great idea!! However if you mess with me and mine get ready!

pdames4

Postby pdames4 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:15 am

Quote ilovemedanes:
Quote Daisy Jane: I like Drucilla's counselor. The time she received a court order for anger management, after she and Carmen Mesta got in a catfight.

I think anger management is a great idea!! However if you mess with me and mine get ready!

ITA! We once had a thread asking what would your occupation be if you lived in GC and I said I would be The Therapist because if they needed one then they definitely can benefit from 2 or 3 now!

Oreo123

Postby Oreo123 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:54 am

Quote ilovemedanes: If ever a show needed a psychiatrist it's Y&R! Sharon, Kevin, Ashley, and poor Noah just to name a few...along with all the Y&R fans trying to cope with such dark and disturbing s/ls (Kevin in the closet and with the chipmunk, Adam causing and covering up a miscarriage, MJ crossing the line from fun crazy female revenge to child abuse!) Boy with all of us fans it sure is going to be difficult to get an appointment! This psychiatrist is definitely going to need their own office with a receptionst (unlike Paul and Michael) :-) . There's no way we're all going to fit into coffee house ~)

Enjoyed your post. I suggested Marlena Evans the shrink from DOOL come to GC..imagine the uproar and upsweep in ratings if her and John Black came to Y&R???? :-) Imagine Victor's libido racing off the charts!!LOL :-)
Yes...GC residents need a resident shrink but someone with PIZAZZ to shake up and shape up this motley crew and restore some sanity to this town before it becomes a ghost town with only memories of it's former self!

ilovemedanes

Postby ilovemedanes » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:07 pm

Quote Oreo123:
Quote ilovemedanes: If ever a show needed a psychiatrist it's Y&R! Sharon, Kevin, Ashley, and poor Noah just to name a few...along with all the Y&R fans trying to cope with such dark and disturbing s/ls (Kevin in the closet and with the chipmunk, Adam causing and covering up a miscarriage, MJ crossing the line from fun crazy female revenge to child abuse!) Boy with all of us fans it sure is going to be difficult to get an appointment! This psychiatrist is definitely going to need their own office with a receptionst (unlike Paul and Michael) :-) . There's no way we're all going to fit into coffee house ~)

Enjoyed your post. I suggested Marlena Evans the shrink from DOOL come to GC..imagine the uproar and upsweep in ratings if her and John Black came to Y&R???? :-) Imagine Victor's libido racing off the charts!!LOL :-)
Yes...GC residents need a resident shrink but someone with PIZAZZ to shake up and shape up this motley crew and restore some sanity to this town before it becomes a ghost town with only memories of it's former self!

LOL :-) Everyone is either going to be in prison, a mental hospital, dead, or on the B&B! If Dr. Marlena does come to GC it would add some class to the show. I think she should start her job by performing an intervention with the writers, somebody in that group is really disturbed!

Old and tired

Postby Old and tired » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:17 pm

As soon as I read the title I thought of Marlena. Wouldn't that be a hoot?!!!!

Daisy Jane

Postby Daisy Jane » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:35 pm

Deidre Hall/Marlena Evans (DOOL), was on Y&R from 1973 to 1975 as nurse Barbara Anderson.

She played the fiance of Dr. Brad Eliott, a neurosurgeon who lost his unknown child on an operating table. He was so traumatized that he couldn't save his child, he skipped town and appeared in GC. Brad Eliott arriving in GC was the very first episode of The Young and The Restless.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”