Is a darker Jack on the horizon?

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
KateKate

Is a darker Jack on the horizon?

Postby KateKate » Wed May 16, 2018 6:34 am

I just read an article posted on another board where PB said that Jack may go in a darker direction because his entire identity has been lost. Personally, I'd like to see Jack go on a vision-quest or something work out some of his demons, coming back a better man. Looks like it's possible that he's going to end up being Victor 2.0.

Other than having Jack be an Abbot (which we all know he will be eventually), what would you like to see happen to Jack's character in the meantime?

Capucine

Re: Is a darker Jack on the horizon?

Postby Capucine » Wed May 16, 2018 7:10 am

I think Jack will go into a tail spin because he thinks he’s not a Abbott. He will most likely have an angry phase he will go through ,maybe even a booze and pill phase. He may even go off the grid for awhile. Then the epiphany and home again,home again jiggity jig.

BobbiSox

Postby BobbiSox » Wed May 16, 2018 7:46 am

I can't think of anything good that Jack has ever done. He behaves like an entitled brat, always sulking and giving in to his addictions whenever he feels put upon, which is always. He's not even kind to his own son Kyle but instead treats him like a rival. Jack should go to rehab before he does something he'll regret, but he's too self absorbed to see that he's creating his own demise.

KateKate

Postby KateKate » Wed May 16, 2018 8:18 pm

BobbiSox wrote:I can't think of anything good that Jack has ever done. He behaves like an entitled brat, always sulking and giving in to his addictions whenever he feels put upon, which is always. He's not even kind to his own son Kyle but instead treats him like a rival. Jack should go to rehab before he does something he'll regret, but he's too self absorbed to see that he's creating his own demise.

I think it's possible that Jack does end up in rehab. I think he's going to get worse before he gets better.

SadieM

Postby SadieM » Wed May 16, 2018 8:22 pm

He keeps drinking and I think he will have to get an intervention and go to rehab. Maybe Phyllis will get involved in his next rehab.

dimplesrgold

Postby dimplesrgold » Wed May 16, 2018 10:15 pm

BobbiSox wrote:I can't think of anything good that Jack has ever done. He behaves like an entitled brat, always sulking and giving in to his addictions whenever he feels put upon, which is always. He's not even kind to his own son Kyle but instead treats him like a rival. Jack should go to rehab before he does something he'll regret, but he's too self absorbed to see that he's creating his own demise.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you. Many of his actions are based on pure spite and they eventually come back to bite him in the ass. Case in point: The Blood Abbott Clause. He was so afraid that Phyllis was going to put one over on him, the clause was created. No thought about Ashley, his sister, who spent her career creating fragrances that put Jabot on the map. Now he's crying in his beer because of it.

Ashley and Abby bent over backward to keep this news from him. What was Jack's reaction when he found out that they knew? Accused them of orchestrating the whole event. He's always the victim, never the aggressor.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

suzziy

Postby suzziy » Wed May 16, 2018 10:40 pm

Well, Bergman will be 65 in June. He's been on the show since 1989; 29 years. His estimated net worth is around $10M ... so perhaps Bergman wants to retire and this storyline gives him a chance to exit the show.

KateKate

Postby KateKate » Thu May 17, 2018 6:15 am

suzziy wrote:Well, Bergman will be 65 in June. He's been on the show since 1989; 29 years. His estimated net worth is around $10M ... so perhaps Bergman wants to retire and this storyline gives him a chance to exit the show.

Possible, but I never get that impression from him. From what I can tell, he's a genuinely nice guy who loves the medium and the fans. He's probably gunning to be like John and Katherine and show up in one form or another until he physically can't do it anymore. At least I hope so. This show needs legacy characters.

JustOneView

Postby JustOneView » Thu May 17, 2018 8:02 am

I agree with your characterization but it is a roll of the dice as to how to project which way the writers will go with this perpetually “ain’t life awful” pessimist.

hesaidwhat

Postby hesaidwhat » Thu May 17, 2018 10:37 am

KateKate wrote:I just read an article posted on another board where PB said that Jack may go in a darker direction because his entire identity has been lost. Personally, I'd like to see Jack go on a vision-quest or something work out some of his demons, coming back a better man. Looks like it's possible that he's going to end up being Victor 2.0.

Other than having Jack be an Abbot (which we all know he will be eventually), what would you like to see happen to Jack's character in the meantime?

I would love to see him be a ruthless playboy. I want him unconcerned with trying to one-up Victor and detached from their petty feud. I want him dating similarly aged women and younger women alike. I want Jack go become Billy lol... maybe even have an affair with Jill or Lauren.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”