Mattie and Reed...

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
twocentsworth

Mattie and Reed...

Postby twocentsworth » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:25 pm

So I suppose Reed is still doing his family "house arrest" /grounded thing and he still cannot see Mattie or have they really had /said the words to end what they had together?? Maybe I missed that....

Drama more drama

Re: Mattie and Reed...

Postby Drama more drama » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:52 am

I would guess they are getting ready to go back to this storyline, because they changed Maddie’s look to no glasses. It was odd the way they brought him in as if there was going to be some big role for him but it never went anywhere. He and Maddie: ended almost before it began. Ran from his dad/dad shows up: nothing happens. Gets arrested, lives with grandpa, was going to get a hair cut, etc: nothing happens. Had a music career: nothing happened. Odd.

twocentsworth

Postby twocentsworth » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:34 pm

Drama more drama wrote:I would guess they are getting ready to go back to this storyline, because they changed Maddie’s look to no glasses. It was odd the way they brought him in as if there was going to be some big role for him but it never went anywhere. He and Maddie: ended almost before it began. Ran from his dad/dad shows up: nothing happens. Gets arrested, lives with grandpa, was going to get a hair cut, etc: nothing happens. Had a music career: nothing happened. Odd.

Right you are Drama More Drama, I had forgotten about the point that Reed was supposed to get a haircut and what did happen to his music career...guess it went up in smoke when the Underground did (pun intended ;) )...you would at least hear Mattie ask about Reed or text him, if indeed she really had any feelings for him...I know they're both young, but, for this show, back in the day, they were a "great future couple" in the making (Victoria and JT --at first; Nikki and Victor; Sharon and Nick, even Lily and Cane)...oh well!

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:03 am

The actress who plays Maddie has been sick, I think. That may have slowed things down. And Nick's dive burned so no where to play.

mo195000

Postby mo195000 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:20 am

For one, I hope Mattie and Reed stay apart because I do not enjoy them together as a couple. I had the feeling they were trying to portray a "bad boy/good girl" storyline, but it did not work for me. The character of Reed is too wimpy, with all the whining and petulant acting out. Whereas, Mattie appears to be the strong one with a core of steel, and I do like her very much. I feel she needs a love interest with a stronger personality.

Gnuc

Postby Gnuc » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:41 am

I forgot about them being a pair.. they were that interesting LOL

twocentsworth

Postby twocentsworth » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:51 pm

mo195000 wrote:For one, I hope Mattie and Reed stay apart because I do not enjoy them together as a couple. I had the feeling they were trying to portray a "bad boy/good girl" storyline, but it did not work for me. The character of Reed is too wimpy, with all the whining and petulant acting out. Whereas, Mattie appears to be the strong one with a core of steel, and I do like her very much. I feel she needs a love interest with a stronger personality.

You make some great points, perhaps someone will be cast for her, or another student from her adademic class...which they never show, or any of her friends...does she have any?

BrendaMorganQ

Postby BrendaMorganQ » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:25 pm

twocentsworth wrote:So I suppose Reed is still doing his family "house arrest" /grounded thing and he still cannot see Mattie or have they really had /said the words to end what they had together?? Maybe I missed that....

When she tried to help him by admitting to being the one that called the police because she was concerned about him being behind the wheel after one beer, he went off on her in the court room in front of the judge. When the judge gave him his sentence she was willing to let him have less time but once he heard he couldn't drive he told Mattie that she only made it worse. The judge tried to calm the courtroom but Reed refused to shut up so she increased his time.

Reed told Mattie that he never wanted to see or hear from her again and to stay out of his life. I can't remember if he said that he hated her, but he added something to that affect which caused her to go home and cry.

twocentsworth

Postby twocentsworth » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:31 pm

BrendaMorganQ wrote:
twocentsworth wrote:So I suppose Reed is still doing his family "house arrest" /grounded thing and he still cannot see Mattie or have they really had /said the words to end what they had together?? Maybe I missed that....

When she tried to help him by admitting to being the one that called the police because she was concerned about him being behind the wheel after one beer, he went off on her in the court room in front of the judge. When the judge gave him his sentence she was willing to let him have less time but once he heard he couldn't drive he told Mattie that she only made it worse. The judge tried to calm the courtroom but Reed refused to shut up so she increased his time.

Reed told Mattie that he never wanted to see or hear from her again and to stay out of his life. I can't remember if he said that he hated her, but he added something to that affect which caused her to go home and cry.

Thanks for all this, I recalled it after reading again, but, didn't know if they had contacted each othere since...

BrendaMorganQ

Postby BrendaMorganQ » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:44 pm

twocentsworth wrote:
BrendaMorganQ wrote:

Thanks for all this, I recalled it after reading again, but, didn't know if they had contacted each othere since...

The drama of teen love. Last night I had a migraine and went for sushi to full my belly before taking my meds and my favorite spot had three teens sitting at a table discussing their social lives. One talked about having serious conversations while wasted because she had some friends over a few nights back and one of her guest had a paper due that she needed help with and they all sat around and talked so in-depth about philosophy. One of the guys was there was older and philosophy was his college major blah blah blah. How cute the guy is and how perfect that he was able to drop by at just the right time blah blah blah...

The other went on about people being mad at her for not wanting to go to prom with a guy that asked her because she sees him as brother, their families at that close. She got shade from her social media group - it seems she went to a concert with I'm but she defended herself by stating over and over how she paid for her own ticket he was just a ride.

Oh my goodness, you could not pay me to be 17-19 again. My nerves wouldn't be able to take it in this day and age.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”