Reed's Loving Family???

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
dawn888

Re: Reed's Loving Family???

Postby dawn888 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:07 pm

NJ SOAP LADY wrote:
dawn888 wrote:they could have sent him to a meeting of MADD, seeing the devastation that is caused by drinking and driving, he doesn't seem to get what could have happened. I don't believe that being in victors boot camp is going to help him at all. reed has some issues and he needs help dealing with them.

He does have issues. What I found strange from day one with him. He ran away from home so not to move to Europe with his dad, his reason as I remember was he's taking me away from my home my school my friends......well when has he ever been known to contact those friends when had he asked Victoria can I go to DC over break stay with so and so, you can fly with me meet the friends their families. .....never. perhaps part of his underlying issues.

he has alot of anger inside of him, yet no one seems to be trying to get to the bottom of whats bothering him. no one asks questions, they threaten him with cutting his hair, making him rise at 6am and exercise. pulleeeze. Victoria wasn't exactly understanding when he first showed up, it was almost rejection imo, she did not appear to want him. perhaps he feels abandoned in some way.

dawn888

Postby dawn888 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:10 pm

tetotomom wrote:JT and Vicky wouldn't have made him get a hair cut ...I applaud Victor for saying the first thing he had to do was get a hair cut...it seems that Victor and Nicky are the only ones with enough backbone to stand up to the kid.
TigerEyes017 wrote:Nikki or Victor should not been allow to do this. Reed may come a better kid after this, but it was J.T. and Victoria place to help him not Victor or Nikki.

victor has no right to make him get his hair cut, what does his hair have to do with anything, it sure isn't the reason why he is acting out. jt needs to get him out of there and get to the bottom of why reed is acting out.

DirtySoaps

Postby DirtySoaps » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:20 pm

I agree 100% with what Victor and Nikki are doing concerning that smug jerk. Him waltzing into their house with that smirk of relief as though he won. Sitting there putting his nasty ass feet up on their coffee table and then asking for cake. I was so glad when Victor wiped that smile off his face. I can’t stand that punk ass kid. Never could, he’s sneaky and always into some sort of trouble. So yes, I say go Victor, where mop head Reed is concerned!

Artemis58

Postby Artemis58 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:03 pm

Well, why does Reed have issues? Well let's see: he has a very cold and inadequate mother and, an indifferent father. Look, I've raised three kids and you can't start paying attention when the kid is fifteen. Actions speak louder than words: your son gets a DUI and you think boarding school is the answer?? I went to boarding school and while I wasn't unwanted, I saw many kids dumped there for just that reason. What kind of involved, concerned, loving parent would ship a kid off when it's evident that he needs you now more than ever? Truth be told, Victoria just doesn't want to be bothered!! What kind of parents would allow their son to basically run away, find out where he is and don't go to immediately fetch him?? What kind of mess is that?? The kid is floundering because he needs structure as well as love and support. At least the grandparents are doing something. Folks are upset about the haircut thing. Frankly, I don't think Victor cares about the length of Reed's hair as much as he cares about Reed's attitude about others and his self-care. What is Victor showing him-responsibility, expectations and, respect as well as love: we love you, you're welcome here, we're glad you're here, but nobody gets a pass, nobody gets to freeload! Clean-up after yourself, work, honor your responsibilities-what's wrong with that!
Victor and Nikki are at least doing something! Better than his parents humping on the stairs!!

georgygirl222

Postby georgygirl222 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:44 pm

Artemis58 wrote:Well, why does Reed have issues? Well let's see: he has a very cold and inadequate mother and, an indifferent father. Look, I've raised three kids and you can't start paying attention when the kid is fifteen. Actions speak louder than words: your son gets a DUI and you think boarding school is the answer?? I went to boarding school and while I wasn't unwanted, I saw many kids dumped there for just that reason. What kind of involved, concerned, loving parent would ship a kid off when it's evident that he needs you now more than ever? Truth be told, Victoria just doesn't want to be bothered!! What kind of parents would allow their son to basically run away, find out where he is and don't go to immediately fetch him?? What kind of mess is that?? The kid is floundering because he needs structure as well as love and support. At least the grandparents are doing something. Folks are upset about the haircut thing. Frankly, I don't think Victor cares about the length of Reed's hair as much as he cares about Reed's attitude about others and his self-care. What is Victor showing him-responsibility, expectations and, respect as well as love: we love you, you're welcome here, we're glad you're here, but nobody gets a pass, nobody gets to freeload! Clean-up after yourself, work, honor your responsibilities-what's wrong with that!
Victor and Nikki are at least doing something! Better than his parents humping on the stairs!!

I don't think Victor cares about the length of Reed's hair as much as he cares about Reed's attitude about others and his self-care. What is Victor showing him-responsibility, expectations and, respect as well as love: we love you, you're welcome here, we're glad you're here, but nobody gets a pass, nobody gets to freeload! Clean-up after yourself, work, honor your responsibilities-what's wrong with that!

Thank you...I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw that. I like Reed and defended him when he came on the show. If the drink/driving was his first 'whoops' it would be one thing, but he is on a downward slide. First he runs away from JT. His attitude to rules at Vikki's was stroppy.He skipped school and invited Mattie over to his place when he was banned from seeing her. He took teenagers to his Uncle's empty bar out of hours and almost got them all killed. He has no respect for rules at all.

That nonsense about just sending Michael to court for him...he couldn't even face up to his responsibility there. "I don't have time to work to pay off the fine!" Again he runs away, from Vikki this time.

Some kids get sent to Juvie or Military Camp...he should be grateful that he didn't get that. Victor and Nikki love him and will straighten him out.

drewxjacobs

Postby drewxjacobs » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:25 pm

Although something needs to happen in Reed's life that will help him to grow as a person, I think Nikki clearly overstepped when she barged into Victoria's home and proceeded to tell JT and Victoria (mostly JT) how the "cow ate the cabbage" with regard to Reed.

That said, was that just the writers' ploy to give the house to JT & Victoria so they could go at it like a couple of rabbits on the staircase? It seemed to be the case when coupled with the fact, Victoria's other two were with their dad. Never mind they hadn't been mentioned in a while.

georgygirl222

Postby georgygirl222 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:46 pm

drewxjacobs wrote:Although something needs to happen in Reed's life that will help him to grow as a person, I think Nikki clearly overstepped when she barged into Victoria's home and proceeded to tell JT and Victoria (mostly JT) how the "cow ate the cabbage" with regard to Reed.

That said, was that just the writers' ploy to give the house to JT & Victoria so they could go at it like a couple of rabbits on the staircase? It seemed to be the case when coupled with the fact, Victoria's other two were with their dad. Never mind they hadn't been mentioned in a while.

When we saw Phyllis trying to make pancakes for Katy and Johnny, I got the impression they were going home that day. Maybe they were still in school when JT and Vikki got frisky?

drewxjacobs

Postby drewxjacobs » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:35 pm

georgygirl222 wrote:
drewxjacobs wrote:Although something needs to happen in Reed's life that will help him to grow as a person, I think Nikki clearly overstepped when she barged into Victoria's home and proceeded to tell JT and Victoria (mostly JT) how the "cow ate the cabbage" with regard to Reed.

When we saw Phyllis trying to make pancakes for Katy and Johnny, I got the impression they were going home that day. Maybe they were still in school when JT and Vikki got frisky?

I'm not sure - the kids are a prop we rarely see, anyway, especially Victoria's. Half the time they don't even get an honorable mention (like at Christmas. They weren't with Billy & I didn't hear Victoria include them in her invitation to JT to spend the Christmas holiday with her & the kids, just her & Reed).

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:12 pm

tetotomom wrote:JT and Vicky wouldn't have made him get a hair cut ...I applaud Victor for saying the first thing he had to do was get a hair cut...it seems that Victor and Nicky are the only ones with enough backbone to stand up to the kid.
TigerEyes017 wrote:Nikki or Victor should not been allow to do this. Reed may come a better kid after this, but it was J.T. and Victoria place to help him not Victor or Nikki.

Short hair does not make anyone "good". Long hair does not make anyone "bad". Forcing someone to cut their hair seems like a way to visibly shame someone, kind of like having to wear a scarlett letter. This was done to people in concentration camps, shaving their heads. It just leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. Some of the worst young people you see today are neo-nazi skinheads with ultra short hair or bald heads.

BobbiSox

Postby BobbiSox » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:24 pm

Blue 501 wrote:

Short hair does not make anyone "good". Long hair does not make anyone "bad". Forcing someone to cut their hair seems like a way to visibly shame someone, kind of like having to wear a scarlett letter. This was done to people in concentration camps, shaving their heads. It just leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. Some of the worst young people you see today are neo-nazi skinheads with ultra short hair or bald heads.

I couldn't agree more. What a horrible thing to do to a teen who already has problems with his self-esteem. Now he will have to deal with the rejection of his peers, who will no doubt laugh at him because kids are cruel. He's old enough to wear his hair the way he wants. He should run away. I would.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”