I feel sorry for Gloria

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Kev5000

Re: I feel sorry for Gloria

Postby Kev5000 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:24 pm

I love Gloria too and Judith Chapman is phenomenal. I would like to see more of her but it is sad seeing her working at Jabot and not appreciated. I'm not sure what they can do with her either. Maybe she and Colin could have an affair while Jill is out of town. I think Glo and Colin would be a hoot. Judith Chapman and Tristan Rogers also worked together on GH back in the 80's.

drewxjacobs

Postby drewxjacobs » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:32 pm

Kev5000 wrote:I love Gloria too and Judith Chapman is phenomenal. I would like to see more of her but it is sad seeing her working at Jabot and not appreciated. I'm not sure what they can do with her either. Maybe she and Colin could have an affair while Jill is out of town. I think Glo and Colin would be a hoot. Judith Chapman and Tristan Rogers also worked together on GH back in the 80's.

They would probably bring much comic relief to the soap. When she & Jeffrey were together, they, too, were pretty funny!

deceived

Postby deceived » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:43 pm

I hated how the haughty sisters laughed down at her, they unwittingly cheated her out of her inheritance after jack tricked john into taking Gloria out of his will by persuading him that he was married to Dina!!! Would love for Gloria to find this evidence and kick them all out of the Abbott estate!!

poisonberries

Postby poisonberries » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:11 pm

drewxjacobs wrote:
Kev5000 wrote:I love Gloria too and Judith Chapman is phenomenal. I would like to see more of her but it is sad seeing her working at Jabot and not appreciated. I'm not sure what they can do with her either. Maybe she and Colin could have an affair while Jill is out of town. I think Glo and Colin would be a hoot. Judith Chapman and Tristan Rogers also worked together on GH back in the 80's.

They would probably bring much comic relief to the soap. When she & Jeffrey were together, they, too, were pretty funny!

I loved Gloria and Jeffrey together and wanted more of them. But Jeffrey and Anita together in scenes were a real turnoff for me. (Actually Anita on her own was a turnoff for me from day 1. :? )

Gloria and Colin together would be a lot of fun...and imagine Jill's reaction to losing another man to Gloria!!!! :lol:

mayre

Postby mayre » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:31 pm

drewxjacobs wrote:Her character is under utilized & I would love to see something work out for her. I know the hook up with Jack was never going to go anywhere but the way he just cast her aside was cruel. It's like she is always on the outside looking in and in the position of being looked down upon by the likes of the so called "upper crust." How great it would be if she could somehow become empowered in her own right and become someone that no longer had to depend on an Abbott or a Newman for a paycheck. Maybe she could win the lottery ... :lol:

Me too. She makes me laugh in most situations.

LDCOOL

Postby LDCOOL » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:06 pm

i like Gloria too. she needs to be on more.

BobbiSox

Postby BobbiSox » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:20 pm

Gloria. She brightens up the set, doesn't she? Love whenever she's on and I wish they would give her a new man to trick into something. Anything. She's oozing sex appeal, even at her age, and she should have a boyfriend! Or at least a new scheme. ;)

drewxjacobs

Postby drewxjacobs » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:28 pm

deceived wrote:I hated how the haughty sisters laughed down at her, they unwittingly cheated her out of her inheritance after jack tricked john into taking Gloria out of his will by persuading him that he was married to Dina!!! Would love for Gloria to find this evidence and kick them all out of the Abbott estate!!

Yea, I noticed that dismissive attitude & snarky remarks, too. I would expect as much out of Ashley but not Traci! It was the gathering in Jack's office that made me realize just how badly Gloria is treated by all of them. It would truly be wonderful if Kevin took some of Nick's money and moved it on over to his mother's account. The mustached one probably wouldn't notice.

SaraG1000

Postby SaraG1000 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:42 pm

poisonberries wrote:
drewxjacobs wrote:Her character is under utilized & I would love to see something work out for her. I know the hook up with Jack was never going to go anywhere but the way he just cast her aside was cruel. It's like she is always on the outside looking in and in the position of being looked down upon by the likes of the so called "upper crust." How great it would be if she could somehow become empowered in her own right and become someone that no longer had to depend on an Abbott or a Newman for a paycheck. Maybe she could win the lottery ... :lol:

If not make her rich, how about putting her in as Manager at the GCAC? When Lily left, we had one scene with an applicant for the position, but nothing since. She was such a joy when she had Gloworm to run, and it gave her the chance to be more on screen.

The Athletic Club would be an excellent spot for Gloria. I'm not a fan of Gloria, but I enjoy her scenes when she doesn't go overboard. She has the personality for that type of position. I did feel sorry for her today during the office celebration. They treated her like she was invisible. Jack used her and threw her away, but that's what she settled for. Now that Graham will be a pariah, she can't latch on to him either.

drewxjacobs

Postby drewxjacobs » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:52 am

The club can't run itself, so yea, good spot for Gloria.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”