Tough guy Charlie

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
BigYnRfan61

Re: Tough guy Charlie

Postby BigYnRfan61 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:56 am

ANorris wrote:
Kev5000 wrote:I agree. He went from being a cute little kid to being an angry and obnoxious teenager. Doesn't make sense. Came and Lilly would never put up with that.

Charlie and Mattie were both rude obnoxious children who ran around restaurants, the GCAC, and were brats at Canes office decorating pumpkins or something... I could never understand why the writers wrote them always misbehaving and being so rude instead of funny and delightful! They were both monsters

ANorris your post made me LOL the way you worded it!! :lol: :lol:

InMyOpinion

Postby InMyOpinion » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:16 pm

BigYnRfan61 wrote:Ok I will tell you again. Charlie has anger issues and a huge chip on his shoulder. He is a pissed off kid. It is very apparent in his few scenes. They are setting the viewers up. I do not see why this should piss you off that we as viewers see this kid that way.

what is he pissed off about, some guy pushed him and he pushed back, the same guy ends up talking to his sister...Tell me, do you think the "All American next door boy Reed" has anger issues?...

BigYnRfan61

Postby BigYnRfan61 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:22 pm

InMyOpinion wrote:
BigYnRfan61 wrote:Ok I will tell you again. Charlie has anger issues and a huge chip on his shoulder. He is a pissed off kid. It is very apparent in his few scenes. They are setting the viewers up. I do not see why this should piss you off that we as viewers see this kid that way.

what is he pissed off about, some guy pushed him and he pushed back, the same guy ends up talking to his sister...Tell me, do you think the "All American next door boy Reed" has anger issues?...

Don't know what he is pissed about~~Reed? Anger issues? Nope, at least not so far from what I have seen on the show. Only Charlie and obviously you seem to have anger issues.

InMyOpinion

Postby InMyOpinion » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:54 pm

BigYnRfan61 wrote:
InMyOpinion wrote:

Don't know what he is pissed about~~Reed? Anger issues? Nope, at least not so far from what I have seen on the show. Only Charlie and obviously you seem to have anger issues.

So now I have anger issues...Ok then..It seems weird to me that Charlie is the one with anger issues when Reed is the one that pushed him...You're right, Reed is the all American boy next door, who doesn't have anger issues..but I wager he will be in jail in 6 months...

BigYnRfan61

Postby BigYnRfan61 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:59 pm

Know what? I don't want to argue with you or have bad feelings. It is just an observation on my part and a few others posting in this thread that he seems to have anger issues thats all. There is nothing more to it than that. I don't understand why you seem angry but thats ok too. Reed pushed him because he was kissing who he thought was his girlfriend. I think Reed is an odd kid and I cannot put my finger on it yet what the deal with Reed is but Charlie was right in the face that they are portraying him as angry. this is all JMO.

InMyOpinion

Postby InMyOpinion » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:15 pm

BigYnRfan61 wrote:Know what? I don't want to argue with you or have bad feelings. It is just an observation on my part and a few others posting in this thread that he seems to have anger issues thats all. There is nothing more to it than that. I don't understand why you seem angry but thats ok too. Reed pushed him because he was kissing who he thought was his girlfriend. I think Reed is an odd kid and I cannot put my finger on it yet what the deal with Reed is but Charlie was right in the face that they are portraying him as angry. this is all JMO.

Charlie didn't know that chick was his girlfriend...And why was Charlie in Reed's face? couldn't have been because Reed pushed him, could it..And most of the people in this thread are Lane dislikers, so, of course their kid would be the one with the issues...but you're right on all accounts...have a good day..

BigYnRfan61

Postby BigYnRfan61 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:19 pm

First of all if you read the posts ... posters are saying that they cannot account for this behavior because Lily and Cane did not raise him this way. I do not like Lane at all never have but my opinion of Charlie has nothing to do with that. As much as I dislike Cane and Lily I see no reason their kid should be so angry..again JMHO. Why you are so angry is beyond me but I tried so you have a nice day as well.

Mimisona

Postby Mimisona » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:25 pm

Sick of these teen stories every summer, teens don't watch these soaps anymore, not like when they started eons ago! Sick to death of Reed and Charlie, they both have attitudes! Maybe Charlie has anger issues because two months ago he was a little kid and now he is a teenager, maybe he is mad because he missed out on his childhood,got older, and his parents stayed the same, that would do it for me!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kev5000

Postby Kev5000 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:47 am

Mimisona wrote:Sick of these teen stories every summer, teens don't watch these soaps anymore, not like when they started eons ago! Sick to death of Reed and Charlie, they both have attitudes! Maybe Charlie has anger issues because two months ago he was a little kid and now he is a teenager, maybe he is mad because he missed out on his childhood,got older, and his parents stayed the same, that would do it for me!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I totally agree. Teens don't watch soaps anymore since there is so much else on t.v., as well as the Internet. So writers should not feel like they need to do a teen storyline in the summer. However, it is the YOUNG and the Restless, so they should have younger characters all year long.

lindaj18

Postby lindaj18 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:16 am

This is my opinion. I believe this helps perpetuate the myth that all young black boys are trouble.Whether the writers did this consciously or not, there should be a reality- consciousness in this country & that is that black boys have & are given a harder time, no matter their upbringing. In this current political climate, writers should be more aware that even on a soap, people believe certain things about certain cultures especially if they have no or little interaction with them.

My nephews are in private school, being raised by two parents & surrounded by our big family, & they still encounter daily behavior prejudice because of their skin color. They are not perfect angels, by any means. But the road is harder for them because they are judged by different standards.

I don't know why the writers felt like they had to make little Charlie a "tough" guy. But look @ some of the history of this show. Jazz was a black thug who robbed people; Drucilla couldn't read; Nathan was sketchy...It was only until Neil & Malcolm came onboard that black people displayed any sense of normalcy. This is all unfortunate. However, even a soap has some responsibility for setting a tone & making Charlie a "thug" is the wrong way to go. Reed, with his background, was more on the road to that portrayal than Charlie was. JMO

Return to “The Young and the Restless”