Cane's sabotaging Billy. Where is JILL?

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
shalaydra75

Re: Cane's sabotaging Billy. Where is JILL?

Postby shalaydra75 » Fri May 19, 2017 7:40 pm

mollyandwally wrote:Who cares what Katherine wanted? She did NOT leave Chancellor Industries to Jill. Only Victor was bound by that. Jill bought Chancellor Industries she can name who she wants.

Katherine MURDERED Philip Chancellor, that's the only way she got Chancellor Industries. It was wrong of her not to leave that company to the his son and grandson. Jill was just reminded of all the love Phillip Chancellor had for her by getting his ring. Hopefully she'll remember his offspring and make sure they get what's rightfully theirs..

Cane should care about Catherine’s wishes. You and I have already debated on who really built CI. You cannot convince that Philip built it, and I cannot convince you that Catherine’s family already had money. We are, therefore, at a stalemate.

Jezebel1

Postby Jezebel1 » Fri May 19, 2017 7:47 pm

Like father like son! He's a charlatan and a swindler just like his dear ole dad. :evil: I would live Jordan to hear him and Jesse talking about the ruse. Maybe she'll blackmail Cane to be her lover. :twisted:

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Fri May 19, 2017 8:11 pm

No offense but I don't think Chancellor Industries ever belonged to Philip Chancellor. It was Kay's family money & her company inherited from her family or her first husband.. She married Philip & loved him & allowed the company to be named for him. The reason all he left Jill was his half of the house was b/c that was literally all that he owned. As Kay's husband he was entitled to half their marital residence but not her company which she had before she married him.
Yes, she caused his death, because of him cheating on her with Jill but wasn't Kay in the car when it crashed also? She could just as easily have died.

shalaydra75

Postby shalaydra75 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:20 pm

Blue 501 wrote:No offense but I don't think Chancellor Industries ever belonged to Philip Chancellor. It was Kay's family money & her company inherited from her family or her first husband.. She married Philip & loved him & allowed the company to be named for him. The reason all he left Jill was his half of the house was b/c that was literally all that he owned. As Kay's husband he was entitled to half their marital residence but not her company which she had before she married him.
Yes, she caused his death, because of him cheating on her with Jill but wasn't Kay in the car when it crashed also? She could just as easily have died.

You have confirmed what a lot of longtime viewers have asserted.

mollyandwally

Postby mollyandwally » Fri May 19, 2017 11:55 pm

shalaydra75 wrote:
Blue 501 wrote:No offense but I don't think Chancellor Industries ever belonged to Philip Chancellor. It was Kay's family money & her company inherited from her family or her first husband.. She married Philip & loved him & allowed the company to be named for him. The reason all he left Jill was his half of the house was b/c that was literally all that he owned. As Kay's husband he was entitled to half their marital residence but not her company which she had before she married him.

You have confirmed what a lot of longtime viewers have asserted.

No they haven't. Those who have a agenda for someone else to have a right to it made something up.

There was a reason Kay was more interested in Jill's Chancellor offspring more than her own. There was a reason she never changed the name from Chancellor. There was a reason she groomed Phillip Chancellor III to run CI. There was a reason she set up huge trust fund for the Chancellor offspring and not her own. Decades of story confirm what the general audience knows to be true.

Kay herself confirmed Phillip stated the company on: 8/11/11

Y&R Transcript Thursday 8/11/11
Ashley: You know what really gets me? You both know what it feels like to have a company you love ripped away from you, only it's much worse for Tucker, because our father started Jabot, and Phillip started Chancellor, so basically, you both took over family businesses. But Tucker built McCall from the ground up, and you do not have the right to take it away from him.
Kay: Ashley, now you listen to me. Whoever founded the company is immaterial to me.

mollyandwally

Postby mollyandwally » Sat May 20, 2017 12:07 am

Correct it was meant to be a MURDER-SUICIDE, Kay wanted to die but survived.

But Phillip didn't want to die, he was in love and had a son on the way, he BEGGED and pleaded Kay to let him out of the car......... so it's a horrible murder. That's the law. When some crazy nut kills his wife, but screws up killing himself he's not let off scot free.

Even if Kay owned the company before marrying Philip (which she didn't) the marriage would have made it community property. In a divorce he would be given at least 50%, but she killed him which gave her 100%. So even your strange scenario would still give Phillip Chancellors heirs standing.

And no scenarios lead to Cane. Kay didn't leave the company to Cane she left it to Victor, she simply gave Cane a job. If it was her desire to leave it to Cane she would have done so. He has no mandate or right to it.

poisonberries

Postby poisonberries » Sat May 20, 2017 12:40 am

dyngbat42 wrote:I'd be happy to see Jill return, for any reason. Her time back was welcome, she was always one of my favorites, even when she was at her nastiest. JW does a great job in this role, surely the writers could could come up with a long-term storyline for her.

JW only wants to work part time...she has a beautiful real life world far from GC. :D

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Sat May 20, 2017 8:17 am

Philip may have built the company up but it was NOT his company. I remember scenes in which his name on the company was explained as Catherine's gift to him (but she did not give him half the company) and I have been watching for over 35 years. I am not surprised that more recent viewers (& writers) do not know that. I think she felt guilty over causing Philip's death & tried to take care of his heirs. Jill did not know she inherited half the house for years & years b/c the will was in the attic.

cinderella2

Postby cinderella2 » Sat May 20, 2017 8:34 am

mollyandwally wrote:Jill has always thought so much of Cane, especially in relation to Billy.

Why isn't she around now? If anyone needs to find out what's going on, it's her.

Jill will be mad at Cane but I think thats about it.

This war between Billy and Cane has been going on for years now.

mollyandwally

Postby mollyandwally » Sat May 20, 2017 11:40 am

poisonberries wrote:
dyngbat42 wrote:I'd be happy to see Jill return, for any reason. Her time back was welcome, she was always one of my favorites, even when she was at her nastiest. JW does a great job in this role, surely the writers could could come up with a long-term storyline for her.

JW only wants to work part time...she has a beautiful real life world far from GC. :D

No, she's willing to work as often as they want her.
Go to Michael Fairman's interview of her this year at the Emmys.

JW says "I'll be back for however they want me"

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/michaelfairmansoaps.com/the-young-and-the-restless/jess-walton-interview-the-young-and-the-restless-44th-annual-daytime-emmys-red-carpet/2017/05/06/

Return to “The Young and the Restless”