Mistake?

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
SamiBrady_Chelsea

Mistake?

Postby SamiBrady_Chelsea » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:06 pm

I thought Philip was in the Marine Corps....his uniform is certainly a replica of it, yet this was said, "Philip claims that he has learned a lot in the army, 'like how to kill a man with his bare hands'."....so I'm confused is it Army or Marine Corps, if its the Corps, then the writers made a BIG mistake having him compare himself to the Army...Marines NEVER do that. Just wondering....

Natalie

Re: Mistake?

Postby Natalie » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:09 pm

He is suppose to be in Marines... But maybe he converted to Army.. I thought it was Marines though...

I think whoever posted ment to type Marines.. I swear he said Marines..

bearrie

Postby bearrie » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:20 pm

Phil was originally listed in the Marines. He was a Marines man. However, it has happened before where some writer in soap land has decided that rewriting history for the sake of a line makes more sense, and so that's what they do. Rewrite history to fit a current line. SAD isn't?

Natalie

Postby Natalie » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:26 pm

Quote bearrie: Phil was originally listed in the Marines. He was a Marines man. However, it has happened before where some writer in soap land has decided that rewriting history for the sake of a line makes more sense, and so that's what they do. Rewrite history to fit a current line. SAD isn't?

The Marines would make more sense to me...Me Being a military wife and all.. I never thought that the whole military was played out right anyway.. I mean Phillip was never at work and what post would be in Salem? JMO

SamiBrady_Chelsea

Postby SamiBrady_Chelsea » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:58 pm

Quote Natalie:
Quote bearrie: Phil was originally listed in the Marines. He was a Marines man. However, it has happened before where some writer in soap land has decided that rewriting history for the sake of a line makes more sense, and so that's what they do. Rewrite history to fit a current line. SAD isn't?

The Marines would make more sense to me...Me Being a military wife and all.. I never thought that the whole military was played out right anyway.. I mean Phillip was never at work and what post would be in Salem? JMO

I'm a military wife too, actually a Marines wife, I just know a Marine would go INSANE if anyone EVER said they were Army...they are very firm about that....but aside from that, thanks for clearing up my confusion I thought he was Marines but like Bearrie said soap writers like to change things not thinking we will notice

sassafras

Postby sassafras » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:58 pm

Quote Natalie: He is suppose to be in Marines... But maybe he converted to Army.. I thought it was Marines though...

I think whoever posted ment to type Marines.. I swear he said Marines..

I taped todays show and I just watched it and Phillip did say the Marines.

SamiBrady_Chelsea

Postby SamiBrady_Chelsea » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:05 pm

oh ok thank you. Then Chrissi just made a typo :) it happens.

Sheebs

Postby Sheebs » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:55 am

I read Chrissi said Army and I rewound the DVR 4 times to make sure that Philip said the Marines. My Brother was and is a Marine, along with a cousin and many friends and a Marine would kill you if you said he was in the Army.YOu never compare the Marines to the Army.
Marines have very strong Corp pride, that is what makes them The Few and The Proud. Philip said Marines.

SamiBrady_Chelsea

Postby SamiBrady_Chelsea » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:00 pm

Quote Sheebs: I read Chrissi said Army and I rewound the DVR 4 times to make sure that Philip said the Marines. My Brother was and is a Marine, along with a cousin and many friends and a Marine would kill you if you said he was in the Army.YOu never compare the Marines to the Army.
Marines have very strong Corp pride, that is what makes them The Few and The Proud. Philip said Marines.

ha ha ha yeah I know my Husband would probably have banned me from watching DOOL if they really made that mistake lol

starbright

Postby starbright » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:06 pm

My husband is an Army man, and according to my husband you never mention the Marines either, and visa versa!!!!

God bless all of our armed forces, no matter what their differences are, they are coming together for one purpose, to keep peace while they are serving overseas!

God bless them all and their families, and let us hope and pray that they come home!!!!! ((((((((((applause))))))))!!!!
(((((((applause))))))))))))))!!!!!!

peace,
starbright ;)

Return to “Days of Our Lives”