Nicole - just toss her out after 20 years?

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
Jeank101

Nicole - just toss her out after 20 years?

Postby Jeank101 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:43 pm

That seems to be what some viewers want. Not me. She can go through another transformation and become a woman we support. Why just get rid of a character when they disappoint us? :cry:

Kerrbear

Re: Nicole - just toss her out after 20 years?

Postby Kerrbear » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:37 pm

Its not just with Nicole. People start throwing unredeemable around pretty quickly. Gabi, Ben, Hope, & anybody else that upsets them. Its an easy go-to answer to problems with a character... Not realizing that the same problems will still exist if they trash those characters. If theres a writing issue, it won't be solved by casting decisions.

I'm not saying fire Ron btw. Some of the issues people have with the writing are just matters of personal preference.

Now - I have said to get rid if Kristen. My problen with her isn't with the character though, its with the actress' actual portrayal.

EJAMI5555

Postby EJAMI5555 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:55 am

Jeank101 wrote:That seems to be what some viewers want. Not me. She can go through another transformation and become a woman we support. Why just get rid of a character when they disappoint us? :cry:

Ari did not wanted to be on full time and part time...Days begged her. Now she is happy running her travel agent company with Shawn.

elaine999

Postby elaine999 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:14 pm

But I'm beginning to shudder every time Days announces the return of an old character. Must all of them die violently?

mauimama

Postby mauimama » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:41 pm

Kerrbear wrote:Its not just with Nicole. People start throwing unredeemable around pretty quickly. Gabi, Ben, Hope, & anybody else that upsets them. Its an easy go-to answer to problems with a character... Not realizing that the same problems will still exist if they trash those characters. If theres a writing issue, it won't be solved by casting decisions.

I'm not saying fire Ron btw. Some of the issues people have with the writing are just matters of personal preference.

[b]Now - I have said to get rid if Kristen. My problen with her isn't with the character though, its with the actress' actual portrayal.

[/
b] I certainly agree on that!!! Bring back ED--- this new one just can't cut it!
Get rid of useless-new characters - like Lani, Wyatt, Tripp, Leo, (Will and Sonny could go on a LONG LONG vacation and it wouldn't hurt my feelings! lol) and the insane Hattie Bon-bon and Mimi -- ugh!

Kerrbear

Postby Kerrbear » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:45 pm

elaine999 wrote:But I'm beginning to shudder every time Days announces the return of an old character. Must all of them die violently?

Days apparently loves death so if they dont want to kill off a current character, they have to reach into the past and scoop up an old character to kill. Its pretty deflating to get them back just to die. If they do it many more times I predict a ratings plummet.

Bait & switches don't generally go well with viewers (Ex. Lewer them in with a return just to violently murder the character they tuned in for a few weeks later).

EJAMI5555

Postby EJAMI5555 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:22 am

Kerrbear wrote:
elaine999 wrote:But I'm beginning to shudder every time Days announces the return of an old character. Must all of them die violently?

Days apparently loves death so if they dont want to kill off a current character, they have to reach into the past and scoop up an old character to kill. Its pretty deflating to get them back just to die. If they do it many more times I predict a ratings plummet.

Bait & switches don't generally go well with viewers (Ex. Lewer them in with a return just to violently murder the character they tuned in for a few weeks later).

It depends if the actor is leaving. Good example is Bo Brady. The actor did not wanted to be on the show, so Days did something!

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:50 am

Kerrbear wrote:

Apparently no one is Dead Dead anymore, just River Dead. I did love Xander for crafting that phrase! :lol:

stefanoone

Postby stefanoone » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:06 am

I like the OLD Nicole but this present day, crybaby, mopey version is just stupid.

To be honest, I won't miss her.

She was once great but now she's just a strain to watch.

AlyH

Postby AlyH » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:26 am

Just posted on this. Yes. Because we don’t recognize her anymore. The writers completely destroyed her and I wonder if they did that intentionally. No wonder she wants to leave and never come back. What kind of acting job is it for her? Not much. She is a great actress and deserves so much better.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”