Will Hope and Jennifer ever get a Julie and Maggie type write?

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
LULIX
Posts: 3811
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:52 pm

Will Hope and Jennifer ever get a Julie and Maggie type write?

Postby LULIX » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:11 am

Hope and Jennifer are both grand ma’s on the show but they are both are with or was with guys that are at least 15-20 years younger with no kids. Obviously Eric was just settling for Jennifer.

Will we ever see Hope as just as a happy married woman or will they continue to have her I. These triangle SL’s? I like Hope but still think her and Bo should have left together or they should have recast Bo.

User avatar
stefanoone
Posts: 1150
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:08 pm

Re: Will Hope and Jennifer ever get a Julie and Maggie type write?

Postby stefanoone » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:47 am

I think they've backed theirselves into a corner. They have no other choice but to keep Hope and Jenn as young as they can because they've failed to introduce new characters that could possibly take their place in the coming years.

User avatar
stefanoone
Posts: 1150
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:08 pm

Re: Will Hope and Jennifer ever get a Julie and Maggie type write?

Postby stefanoone » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:04 am

By now, the main characters should be Belle, Shawn, Philip, Chelsea, Rex....the children of the vets. I love the vets but you can only steal the show for so long.

Like Stefano had an obsession with Marlena, Stefan should be obsessed with Marlena's daughter Belle.


User avatar
LuvBoHope
Posts: 3588
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:02 pm

Re: Will Hope and Jennifer ever get a Julie and Maggie type write?

Postby LuvBoHope » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:47 am

LULIX wrote:Hope and Jennifer are both grand ma’s on the show but they are both are with or was with guys that are at least 15-20 years younger with no kids. Obviously Eric was just settling for Jennifer.

Will we ever see Hope as just as a happy married woman or will they continue to have her I. These triangle SL’s? I like Hope but still think her and Bo should have left together or they should have recast Bo.


As one of the MOST diehard Bo & Hope fans ever I have a STRONG opinion on what they should've done with Hope after Bo & still COULD do and that's bring her back to her true character. Since they've written her as atrociously as they have since he left (except for salary & wanting to work) they should've let Hope leave with Bo - as far as I'm concerned she IS "gone" too! This is NOT the Hope most grew with & learned to love & admire for decades!

A recast for Bo at this stage of the game would be extremely difficult IMO! Since KA wanted to stay on they should've, in the VERY least, kept her true to herself & their legend & allowed her to be single much longer as she learned to live life w/o her true love - more dream sequences would've been nice as she shared conversation with him as she struggled, etc. Writing Bo as a deserter to her so they could advance her already-started romance with Aiden was disastrous - backfired til PR came back & closed Bo out believably! Then, within a matter of weeks of his burial, they've moved her on with Rafe (introduced that set-up with Bo's deathbed request) - just horrible, insensitive writing and Hope's been going downhill ever since.

The writers have destroyed Hope's character! The best they could do for her now as far as I'm concerned is write her at this stage of her life (mother/grandmother) and free her of Rafe (him, too, so he can have his own children). They've never been a success - most will acknowledge that - and she became as dull as he is & she, with her spunk & liveliness, hasn't been able to bring out a spark in him. He just doesn't have one! This won't happen because the writers are stubborn to their own choices, but this would do a tremendous favor to both of them and Hope could be admired & loved again! JMHO!

lurker girl
Posts: 2618
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:43 pm

Re: Will Hope and Jennifer ever get a Julie and Maggie type write?

Postby lurker girl » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:05 pm

I think Hope will come around and be more likable. It would have been nasty to fire KA just because PR left, as if she couldn't possibly be an individual but needs her man to function. There are only 7 yrs. difference in Rafe's and her ages, and I think that is the same difference between Jen and Eric. Eve and Brady have a 10 yr. difference. Big deal. How come it's ok for the age spread to be just fine if the man is the older one?

User avatar
LuvBoHope
Posts: 3588
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:02 pm

Re: Will Hope and Jennifer ever get a Julie and Maggie type write?

Postby LuvBoHope » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:52 pm

lurker girl wrote:I think Hope will come around and be more likable. It would have been nasty to fire KA just because PR left, as if she couldn't possibly be an individual but needs her man to function. There are only 7 yrs. difference in Rafe's and her ages, and I think that is the same difference between Jen and Eric. Eve and Brady have a 10 yr. difference. Big deal. How come it's ok for the age spread to be just fine if the man is the older one?


I think you hit the strongest point of all when you say it's "as if Hope couldn't possibly be an individual but needs her man to function"! When Bo died It was the perfect time to show that Hope didn't HAVE to have a man to function (I certainly understand she didn't need to be "fired" just because PR left - I just meant as far as I, personally, am concerned she'd have been better off instead of how they wrote her - rushed into another man's arms before Bo's body was cooling)! She was/is fully capable to be an independent woman - can carry her own weight for a while - and BUILD a romance rather than rush it like they did Rafe! They should've been more respectful to their legacy than that, IMO, and it didn't help Hope. She's had a struggle ever since. Viewers would've been more accepting of her with another man (maybe even Rafe altho the majority of viewers don't really like them together) had the writing been more sensitive to that history. JMHO!

CanaryFan98
Posts: 303
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:03 pm

Re: Will Hope and Jennifer ever get a Julie and Maggie type write?

Postby CanaryFan98 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:55 pm

stefanoone wrote:I think they've backed theirselves into a corner. They have no other choice but to keep Hope and Jenn as young as they can because they've failed to introduce new characters that could possibly take their place in the coming years.



They have introduced new characters however they aren't legacy characters or the stories are so plot driven that the characters don't matter.

Hope/Jen had character driven writing you don't see that today.

LULIX
Posts: 3811
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:52 pm

Re: Will Hope and Jennifer ever get a Julie and Maggie type write?

Postby LULIX » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:31 am

lurker girl wrote:I think Hope will come around and be more likable. It would have been nasty to fire KA just because PR left, as if she couldn't possibly be an individual but needs her man to function. There are only 7 yrs. difference in Rafe's and her ages, and I think that is the same difference between Jen and Eric. Eve and Brady have a 10 yr. difference. Big deal. How come it's ok for the age spread to be just fine if the man is the older one?

Because both of the men wanted kids in the past. I hope the age difference is the actors real age. Jennifer was a teen before Eric was even born

lurker girl
Posts: 2618
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:43 pm

Re: Will Hope and Jennifer ever get a Julie and Maggie type write?

Postby lurker girl » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:17 pm

Lulix - Yes, those are the actors real ages, but I never go by when the character was born because the various writers have changed that so much with many characters. EJ is a prime example, of course. But you have to look at the person playing the part and see how they come across. If they look their real age, they have to go with that. Sami is just about right, but a lot are not.

User avatar
Kerrbear
Posts: 815
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 3:44 pm
Location: Illinois

Re: Will Hope and Jennifer ever get a Julie and Maggie type write?

Postby Kerrbear » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:27 am

LuvBoHope wrote:
lurker girl wrote:I think Hope will come around and be more likable. It would have been nasty to fire KA just because PR left, as if she couldn't possibly be an individual but needs her man to function. There are only 7 yrs. difference in Rafe's and her ages, and I think that is the same difference between Jen and Eric. Eve and Brady have a 10 yr. difference. Big deal. How come it's ok for the age spread to be just fine if the man is the older one?


I think you hit the strongest point of all when you say it's "as if Hope couldn't possibly be an individual but needs her man to function"! When Bo died It was the perfect time to show that Hope didn't HAVE to have a man to function (I certainly understand she didn't need to be "fired" just because PR left - I just meant as far as I, personally, am concerned she'd have been better off instead of how they wrote her - rushed into another man's arms before Bo's body was cooling)! She was/is fully capable to be an independent woman - can carry her own weight for a while - and BUILD a romance rather than rush it like they did Rafe! They should've been more respectful to their legacy than that, IMO, and it didn't help Hope. She's had a struggle ever since. Viewers would've been more accepting of her with another man (maybe even Rafe altho the majority of viewers don't really like them together) had the writing been more sensitive to that history. JMHO!


To me its not a matter of could Hope survive and thrive on her own. Of course she could. If she left and it was Bo hanging around I would say the same thing.

I think they should've ended together just from a storytelling perspective. They had the love of the century. Hes gone forever (presumably deserting her) & then comes back for a week just to die. For me thats just not as compelling of a story as them reuniting & sailing off together. Shes a great actor & has done her own thing but the bulk of her story really revolved around their love & ending that in a more satisfying way than they did would've been the best way to go imo.

Back to the original post, Jennifer can be like a Julie or Maggie if they just put her back with Jack & let them be together in a long term, stable way. No more bricks to the head, incurable diseases, or elevator shafts for Jack please.


Return to “Days of Our Lives”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Back to Top