Scenes of humor on DAYS-Serial Killer Eats Cereal!

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
Jeank101

Re: Scenes of humor on DAYS-Serial Killer Eats Cereal!

Postby Jeank101 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:59 pm

Eve would be Grits? As in “Kiss my Grits.”’ :twisted:

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:30 pm

I remember, at Maggie's house, when Melanie and I can't remember who she was with, was holding and eating out of a box of Cheerios and they were promoting the hell out of it, I guess because Cheerios was a sponsor? and they kept going on and on about how good it was, like Caroline was promoting some Chinese food and the first Ari was promoting some type of Kotex, I was waiting for them to show us which cereal it was that Ben was eating! :lol:

dazgonby

Postby dazgonby » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:58 pm

YandR and Days wrote:I remember, at Maggie's house, when Melanie and I can't remember who she was with, was holding and eating out of a box of Cheerios and they were promoting the hell out of it, I guess because Cheerios was a sponsor? and they kept going on and on about how good it was, like Caroline was promoting some Chinese food and the first Ari was promoting some type of Kotex, I was waiting for them to show us which cereal it was that Ben was eating! :lol:

I remember when that did that...and I think I can recall that Sami did something like for Midol or something...it was the funniest thing when they did that, but it did not last long. :lol:

Iluvdogz

Postby Iluvdogz » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:43 pm

elaine999 wrote:I especially liked that when Claire finally surprised everyone, RSW let that one pink piece of cereal stop at his lips in shock! He certainly knows how to steal scenes.

I agree totally. He is a scene stealer. My eyes are always on him when he's on screen. I mean come on....talk about good looking. This guy has it all.

elaine999

Postby elaine999 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:57 pm

dazgonby wrote:
YandR and Days wrote:I remember, at Maggie's house, when Melanie and I can't remember who she was with, was holding and eating out of a box of Cheerios and they were promoting the hell out of it, I guess because Cheerios was a sponsor? and they kept going on and on about how good it was, like Caroline was promoting some Chinese food and the first Ari was promoting some type of Kotex, I was waiting for them to show us which cereal it was that Ben was eating! :lol:

I remember when that did that...and I think I can recall that Sami did something like for Midol or something...it was the funniest thing when they did that, but it did not last long. :lol:

I remember these strange episodes. Apparently no one at Days was prepared for this. Sami talking about Midol and Gaby selling tampons. But watching Caroline, who ran a restaurant, declaring that frozen quasi-oriental food was so good---well, that wasn't believable. And Cheerios stopped sponsoring Days after they had the commercial in which a little girl talks to her white mother about Daddy's heart condition and then she runs into the living room to pour Cheerios over her black father's chest as he is lying on a couch. That was such a dramatic move from only showing that white children eat Cheerios that lots of studio and marketing people must have gotten into trouble. So Cheerios disappeared from Days. Now, three years later, all of the Penney's, Macy's, and Kohl's ads show black and white couples with their children. So Cheerios was just ahead of its time.

AnneM127

Postby AnneM127 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:59 pm

Jeank101 wrote:Eve would be Grits? As in “Kiss my Grits.”’ :twisted:

That is exactly what I was thinking or for Eve. It totally fits. Perhaps Paul and/or Brady could be Wheaties-since they do occasionally show them running through Salem square--Wheaties---Breakfast of Champions.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”