Off Days Topic Thread: A Get To Know You Thread for Days Fans

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
bellasmema

Re: Off Days Topic Thread: A Get To Know You Thread for Days Fans

Postby bellasmema » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:40 pm

I live in Cary, NC. (I know there are a few people on here from NC)
But I was born and raised in Southern CA.

bellasmema

Postby bellasmema » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:44 pm

delyla wrote:I'm in North Carolina but originally from Ohio. I've watched Days off and on since the early 80's.

Where in NC do you live?

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:50 pm

Jeank101 wrote:I’m lovin’ seein’ where y’all from. I’m born & bred a Logansport Hoosier, but I’ve got a southern heart now (1985). Gainesville, FL Go Gators!

I lived in Gainesville when when I was in the 7th grade! I remember how much fun I thought it was going to be living in Florida, only to find out we were in the middle of the state with no beach or ocean! :mrgreen: My sister and I complained so much that our parents moved us back to MS, of all places. :mrgreen: We grew up in Dothan, AL and went to Panama City on the weekends and that's why we thought that Florida would be so much fun. :mrgreen:

Jeank101

Postby Jeank101 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:44 pm

YandR and Days wrote:
Jeank101 wrote:I’m lovin’ seein’ where y’all from. I’m born & bred a Logansport Hoosier, but I’ve got a southern heart now (1985). Gainesville, FL Go Gators!

I lived in Gainesville when when I was in the 7th grade! I remember how much fun I thought it was going to be living in Florida, only to find out we were in the middle of the state with no beach or ocean! :mrgreen: My sister and I complained so much that our parents moved us back to MS, of all places. :mrgreen: We grew up in Dothan, AL and went to Panama City on the weekends and that's why we thought that Florida would be so much fun. :mrgreen:

Poor baby. :cry: :cry: :lol:

Artgirl77

Postby Artgirl77 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:43 pm

Hello all! I’m from Illinois, just outside of Chicago in the Northwest Burbs. I started watching Days in the mid 90’s. But stopped watching for about 10 years. But I’ve been back watching it again since 2009.

miladytn

Postby miladytn » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:53 pm

Well, its seems I'm gonna be the odd person out ;) Never been "up north" or "down south." I live in NE TN, grew up in SW VA. I lived in Myrtle Beach for 3 years when hubby was in Air Force back in the late 70's.

I've watched Days since the beginning. My grandma and mother watched so us little ones had to be quiet while they watched "their stories". Another fond memory I have is coming home from school and listening to them talk about what happened that day, so even when I couldn't watch, I still knew what was going on .

I've always been a full-time worker, but have been blessed to be at the same job for most of my adult life. That job, has also allowed me to watch the soaps on my lunch breaks. Even back in the 80''s my boss had a tiny "boom box" type contraption that also received TV signals so I hijacked it to watch soaps, LOL. Oh good heavens, just typing made me laugh out loud because it had a 4-inch (yes, inch) "screen" on it.

Xaviantha

Postby Xaviantha » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:43 pm

I will REALLY be the odd one out here, as I am from New Mexico. As a young mother I used to watch AMC, OLTL and GH. When I started working I stopped watching soaps altogether, as I had no time for them. So, recently retired, I started watching Days about 4 years ago. When I started watching it was pretty terrible, but IMO has gotten better over the last couple of years. I so enjoy reading the posts of long-time viewers and hearing those perspectives. I don’t post a ton, but I am a faithful watcher now and (mostly) really enjoy reading all the comments. Thanks for starting this thread! :)

dazgonby

Postby dazgonby » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:54 pm

mauimama wrote:
dazgonby wrote:Hey I'm not on here much anymore but I'm from Indiana also! This little teeny tiny blip in the road called Coal City.

oh my gosh- it IS a little blip --- wow! I had to find it on the map and it said there was just a gas station and grocery store there? WOW

LoL...we don't even have the gas station anymore and the "store" hasn't really been a store for years...more of a gathering place and it is closing in a month or so, that leaves what is left of the poor little post office (might be open a couple hrs a day). Not sure that makes us even a blip anymore! ;)

cataddict

Postby cataddict » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:19 pm

I'm originally from Pittsburgh but live in Virginia. I've also lived in Florida briefly, NC and Connecticut. I've been watching since the early 70s, with breaks for being away at school pre-VCR!

elaine999

Postby elaine999 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:48 pm

I edit books from my home in Evansville, IN. I've been watching Days since Maggie was on crutches, and she is the character that drew me in. In this past year I have been hoping, repeatedly, that characters who were written off and yet return would stay more than episode. And I check in every day to see what you all are writing (even though some of you have terrible grammar!). :lol:

Return to “Days of Our Lives”