I'm in love with Ciara and Ben

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
FrizFan

Re: I'm in love with Ciara and Ben

Postby FrizFan » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:54 pm

ChabbyForever wrote:I am also in love with Ciara and Ben! I wish they were on more often...twice a week is not enough. I thought this was supposed to be the "Summer of Cin!" Summer's almost over...at least in Canada :)

It would be great if they could some how explain that Ben wasn't responsible for murdering anyone to help redeem him...someone else on this board suggested that maybe Clyde could be somehow made responsible. That would suit me much better. I still don't know how Ben can stick around Salem with the number of people that totally hate his guts. It's already getting old watching people berate him and physically hurt him.

I wish they were on more too. They should be on 3-4 days a week minimum. Hopefully there screen time will increase.

Also, I think over time more people will grow to like Ben. It’s gonna take time, but I think more characters will grow to like him. He just has to continue to show he’s changed.

LuvBoHope

Postby LuvBoHope » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:19 am

FrizFan wrote:
ChabbyForever wrote:I am also in love with Ciara and Ben! I wish they were on more often...twice a week is not enough. I thought this was supposed to be the "Summer of Cin!" Summer's almost over...at least in Canada :)

It would be great if they could some how explain that Ben wasn't responsible for murdering anyone to help redeem him...someone else on this board suggested that maybe Clyde could be somehow made responsible. That would suit me much better. I still don't know how Ben can stick around Salem with the number of people that totally hate his guts. It's already getting old watching people berate him and physically hurt him.

I wish they were on more too. They should be on 3-4 days a week minimum. Hopefully there screen time will increase.

Also, I think over time more people will grow to like Ben. It’s gonna take time, but I think more characters will grow to like him. He just has to continue to show he’s changed.

I think the audience is liking Ben with Ciara because they "click" together! For me, personally, and I've wanted to invest in her since she's Bo & Hope's daughter (hoping she'll carry their mantle which she's fully capable of doing), I'm hoping to SEE a redemption story from his past. Some think it's just "okay" since he SAYS he's changed and is acting so now, but with HIS record (IMO a serial killer is in a league of it's own) I think we need to SEE more like maybe that was an imposter killing those people, that old soapy "evil twin" story, SOME explanation of how all that happened, etc. It's GREAT for Ben to have "imperfections" and be a tough guy & not be a pushover to Ciara or anyone - THAT'S appealing - but killing as he did is much worse than an "imperfection" or just "saying" he's changed, etc. I think we need more of a redemption/reformation story than that. That's just what it'll take for ME to fully invest even tho others don't care about such!

BrendaMorganQ

Postby BrendaMorganQ » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:38 pm

I think Ben has changed, unlike Abby's his isn't happening over night. He has mandatory therapy and knows that he has to take him meds regularly to stay in control of his impulses and mental health. I want him with Ciara, but not a partner in crime with Claire to edge out Tripp.

FrizFan

Postby FrizFan » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:50 pm

LuvBoHope wrote:
FrizFan wrote:

I think the audience is liking Ben with Ciara because they "click" together! For me, personally, and I've wanted to invest in her since she's Bo & Hope's daughter (hoping she'll carry their mantle which she's fully capable of doing), I'm hoping to SEE a redemption story from his past. Some think it's just "okay" since he SAYS he's changed and is acting so now, but with HIS record (IMO a serial killer is in a league of it's own) I think we need to SEE more like maybe that was an imposter killing those people, that old soapy "evil twin" story, SOME explanation of how all that happened, etc. It's GREAT for Ben to have "imperfections" and be a tough guy & not be a pushover to Ciara or anyone - THAT'S appealing - but killing as he did is much worse than an "imperfection" or just "saying" he's changed, etc. I think we need more of a redemption/reformation story than that. That's just what it'll take for ME to fully invest even tho others don't care about such!

I love redemption storylines. They are among my favorites. I think Ben is a great character and I'm looking forward to the potential redemption storyline they are planning for him. However, I rather they not erase his past as the necktie killer. I think he should also be an ex-serial killer. It's what adds the layers and darkness to his character. I think the best thing Days can do is just right Ben as doing good going forward. He should continue to be good to Ciara as well as other people in Salem. He can find a job and help out other people in need. I personally think that is the best way for him to be redeemed.

Acadia_ca

Postby Acadia_ca » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:01 pm

I like them together too I just wish they hadn't gone down crazy psychopath-serial killer route.

LuvBoHope

Postby LuvBoHope » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:15 pm

Acadia_ca wrote:I like them together too I just wish they hadn't gone down crazy psychopath-serial killer route.

I agree - a serial killer is difficult to stomach - even on a soap! IMO he needs a REAL serious ONSCREEN redemption story - not one just moves on because he appears to have "changed" now. That's a LOT of baggage to carry around forever - what if he forgets a pill lol?

ChabbyForever

Postby ChabbyForever » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:37 pm

I was hoping to see Ted represent Ben in court. I thought that would make for some interesting scenes. Now that Hope has dropped the case, does he even need Ted for a lawyer? Wouldn't that mean Ciara doesn't need to pay for it now?

FrizFan

Postby FrizFan » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:36 pm

LuvBoHope wrote:
Acadia_ca wrote:I like them together too I just wish they hadn't gone down crazy psychopath-serial killer route.

I agree - a serial killer is difficult to stomach - even on a soap! IMO he needs a REAL serious ONSCREEN redemption story - not one just moves on because he appears to have "changed" now. That's a LOT of baggage to carry around forever - what if he forgets a pill lol?

I get where you guys are coming from, and in real life I would agree. However, from a story perspective I think it makes things just that much better with Cin with Ben being an ex-serial killer. It adds this extra layer of mystery and intrigue. Plus it makes more sense as to why Ciara would want to fight her feelings for Ben. If Ben wasn’t who he was I honestly don’t think Ciara would try to be giving Tripp another chance. I think the only reason why she is is because she’s scared of her feelings for Ben. And that fear comes from Ben’s past.

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:35 pm

Sorry, decided to delete my post.
Last edited by YandR and Days on Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:36 pm

Sorry, decided to delete my post.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”