I'm in love with Ciara and Ben

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
User avatar
LuvBoHope
Posts: 3524
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:02 pm

Re: I'm in love with Ciara and Ben

Postby LuvBoHope » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:20 pm

FrizFan wrote:
LuvsJason2 wrote: I dont get how you can even compare them, Trip has kissed Ciara maybe once or I should say make out session, and Ben and Ciara haven't even shared a kiss... how can anyone say...that about them, I dont even like Tripp, but I do like Ben, but I want to wait and see where the writers take this.. because.... everyone remember..... Ben went nuts from Jealously before.... so there is a chance that Ben wont be around long term seeing how he goes off his rocker if and when Tripp and Ciara get together....you could see it in his eyes the other day he really wanted to beat down Tripp but kept him self cool,calm, and Collected.... and when his sister comes to town to help him maybe... she'll be here I think they said this week... Not sure... but if Ben can keep it together.. I will be for Ben and Ciara... time will tell....


Personally, I think Ben has changed. I don’t believe he’s the person he used to be. Yes, he still has issues, but he’s actively working on improving himself. He’s taking medication and going to therapy. He feels a ton of remorse for all the bad things he’s done. I know that doesn’t erase the bad things he’s done, but I do think he’s on a path to redemption.

Honestly, I really don’t think he would ever hurt Ciara. I think she’s important to him. He values her as a person. Even if he lost her completely, which I hope he never does, I think he would still try to be a good person. An utterly heartbroken person but still trying to be a good person. Like you said, he was completely jealous of Tripp when he realized what was happening with Ciara. Yet he didn’t try to hurt or murder Tripp as a result. He controlled himself. I think he will continue to do so. I think there are only 2 circumstances where he may not be able to control himself and that is if Ciara or Jordan are threatened in anyway.


Hopefully, not just how YOU "feel" that Ben has changed - to me he HAS to have changed and that needs to play out full scale, front & center, for this couple to be accepted! It's not ALL about sexual chemistry & Hope following the law by every detail while protecting her daughter! A serial killer being overlooked because a couple has sexual chemistry - REALLY? This is one of the most outlandish things I've ever seen this show do (and they done some amazing, crazy things - especially in recent years)!

I certainly recognize Ben matches better with Ciara than wooden Tripp, but with Ben's background I'm shocked that an audience is so willing to accept them simply based on "chemistry". I'd hope they ALL DEMANDED a fully shown, heavily featured redemption story for Ben before thinking this is a good thing to root for! What has happened to our society? I also know it's a soap, but story content should matter over rooting for evil over good. Hope's being painted the bad guy here while all she's worried about (officer of the law or not - she's a parent first & foremost and what about Ben's wrongdoing with the "law"?)! Is that overlooked because he's a bad guy & Hope's a good person? I'd think not! She's getting bashed and the serial killer adored!

I'm not against Ben with Ciara because they DO connect better than Tripp, but I won't invest unless he's cleared of his MANY murders, etc. That's first & foremost with me! Then Hope would come around too, but as it is presently how can she be bashed and Ben's just getting a pass? Mindboggling for sure! C'mon, writers - make this a worty sl and not a cheap, lame one again!

LULIX
Posts: 3561
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:52 pm

Re: I'm in love with Ciara and Ben

Postby LULIX » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:00 pm

I thought it was just me but I love them too.

But I still remember Ben playing with Young Theo and Ciara. Only a few years ago. But it’s a soap.

FrizFan
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:00 pm

Re: I'm in love with Ciara and Ben

Postby FrizFan » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:51 pm

BrendaMorganQ wrote:
FrizFan wrote:[When Ben was with Abby his mental illness was completely undiagnosed or unrecognized. He had no one to talk to to deal with his problems. Things are different now because he has been treated and has shown a commitment to working on his mental heart. His issues with Abby were build around his poor health. I believe what he feels for Ciara is completely true. It’s not based around any psychosis or slip from reality. He truly cares about her and appreciates her.


Concur. They are both open with each other and supportive. I'm in for love or BFFs (even both).


For me, it’s definitely love. I will be highly highly disappointed if they are only friends. I think they have such a deep connection that goes way beyond friendship.


FrizFan
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:00 pm

Re: I'm in love with Ciara and Ben

Postby FrizFan » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:00 pm

LuvBoHope wrote:
FrizFan wrote:
LuvsJason2 wrote: I dont get how you can even compare them, Trip has kissed Ciara maybe once or I should say make out session, and Ben and Ciara haven't even shared a kiss... how can anyone say...that about them, I dont even like Tripp, but I do like Ben, but I want to wait and see where the writers take this.. because.... everyone remember..... Ben went nuts from Jealously before.... so there is a chance that Ben wont be around long term seeing how he goes off his rocker if and when Tripp and Ciara get together....you could see it in his eyes the other day he really wanted to beat down Tripp but kept him self cool,calm, and Collected.... and when his sister comes to town to help him maybe... she'll be here I think they said this week... Not sure... but if Ben can keep it together.. I will be for Ben and Ciara... time will tell....


Personally, I think Ben has changed. I don’t believe he’s the person he used to be. Yes, he still has issues, but he’s actively working on improving himself. He’s taking medication and going to therapy. He feels a ton of remorse for all the bad things he’s done. I know that doesn’t erase the bad things he’s done, but I do think he’s on a path to redemption.

Honestly, I really don’t think he would ever hurt Ciara. I think she’s important to him. He values her as a person. Even if he lost her completely, which I hope he never does, I think he would still try to be a good person. An utterly heartbroken person but still trying to be a good person. Like you said, he was completely jealous of Tripp when he realized what was happening with Ciara. Yet he didn’t try to hurt or murder Tripp as a result. He controlled himself. I think he will continue to do so. I think there are only 2 circumstances where he may not be able to control himself and that is if Ciara or Jordan are threatened in anyway.


Hopefully, not just how YOU "feel" that Ben has changed - to me he HAS to have changed and that needs to play out full scale, front & center, for this couple to be accepted! It's not ALL about sexual chemistry & Hope following the law by every detail while protecting her daughter! A serial killer being overlooked because a couple has sexual chemistry - REALLY? This is one of the most outlandish things I've ever seen this show do (and they done some amazing, crazy things - especially in recent years)!

I certainly recognize Ben matches better with Ciara than wooden Tripp, but with Ben's background I'm shocked that an audience is so willing to accept them simply based on "chemistry". I'd hope they ALL DEMANDED a fully shown, heavily featured redemption story for Ben before thinking this is a good thing to root for! What has happened to our society? I also know it's a soap, but story content should matter over rooting for evil over good. Hope's being painted the bad guy here while all she's worried about (officer of the law or not - she's a parent first & foremost and what about Ben's wrongdoing with the "law"?)! Is that overlooked because he's a bad guy & Hope's a good person? I'd think not! She's getting bashed and the serial killer adored!

I'm not against Ben with Ciara because they DO connect better than Tripp, but I won't invest unless he's cleared of his MANY murders, etc. That's first & foremost with me! Then Hope would come around too, but as it is presently how can she be bashed and Ben's just getting a pass? Mindboggling for sure! C'mon, writers - make this a worty sl and not a cheap, lame one again!



When you say “cleared of his murders” do you mean the writers reveal he never actually killed anyone? Because while on a soap anything is possible I think that is unlikely to happen. And personally I’m fine with that. I can get past Ben’s history. What I care most about is his present. Ben, to me, has shown that he is sorry for all the bad things he did. He wishes he could erase it all, but obviously he can’t. He still has a long way to go but I think he’s on the right path.

For me anyway I think it’s a better storyline if Ben stays an ex-serial killer. It creates more drama and intensity. I love seeing the writers take someone who many would say is unredeemable and try to redeem him. Personally I think anyone can achieve redemption; even killers. They just have to put the right effort in and so far I think Ben has been.

Additionally, I love Cin for more than just their sexual chemistry. I love how they relate to one another. I feel like they get and understand each other better than anyone else in the world. I also love how much Ben appreciates and values Ciara.

User avatar
YandR and Days
Posts: 7512
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: I'm in love with Ciara and Ben

Postby YandR and Days » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:04 pm

LuvsJason2 wrote: I dont get how you can even compare them, Trip has kissed Ciara maybe once or I should say make out session, and Ben and Ciara haven't even shared a kiss... how can anyone say...that about them, I dont even like Tripp, but I do like Ben, but I want to wait and see where the writers take this.. because.... everyone remember..... Ben went nuts from Jealously before.... so there is a chance that Ben wont be around long term seeing how he goes off his rocker if and when Tripp and Ciara get together....you could see it in his eyes the other day he really wanted to beat down Tripp but kept him self cool,calm, and Collected.... and when his sister comes to town to help him maybe... she'll be here I think they said this week... Not sure... but if Ben can keep it together.. I will be for Ben and Ciara... time will tell....


Run Tripp, RUN! Or at least hide those skinny neck ties that he wears. :lol:

User avatar
YandR and Days
Posts: 7512
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: I'm in love with Ciara and Ben

Postby YandR and Days » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:07 pm

FrizFan wrote:
LuvsJason2 wrote: I dont get how you can even compare them, Trip has kissed Ciara maybe once or I should say make out session, and Ben and Ciara haven't even shared a kiss... how can anyone say...that about them, I dont even like Tripp, but I do like Ben, but I want to wait and see where the writers take this.. because.... everyone remember..... Ben went nuts from Jealously before.... so there is a chance that Ben wont be around long term seeing how he goes off his rocker if and when Tripp and Ciara get together....you could see it in his eyes the other day he really wanted to beat down Tripp but kept him self cool,calm, and Collected.... and when his sister comes to town to help him maybe... she'll be here I think they said this week... Not sure... but if Ben can keep it together.. I will be for Ben and Ciara... time will tell....


Personally, I think Ben has changed. I don’t believe he’s the person he used to be. Yes, he still has issues, but he’s actively working on improving himself. He’s taking medication and going to therapy. He feels a ton of remorse for all the bad things he’s done. I know that doesn’t erase the bad things he’s done, but I do think he’s on a path to redemption.

Honestly, I really don’t think he would ever hurt Ciara. I think she’s important to him. He values her as a person. Even if he lost her completely, which I hope he never does, I think he would still try to be a good person. An utterly heartbroken person but still trying to be a good person. Like you said, he was completely jealous of Tripp when he realized what was happening with Ciara. Yet he didn’t try to hurt or murder Tripp as a result. He controlled himself. I think he will continue to do so. I think there are only 2 circumstances where he may not be able to control himself and that is if Ciara or Jordan are threatened in anyway.


I started a thread on this once, the Beauty and the Beast and Harlequin Romance books where the good girl turns the bad guy good because of her love. :mrgreen: I often wonder why women still feel this way but I was brought up with Cinderella and thought a pair of shoes would bring me my Prince! :lol:

User avatar
BrendaMorganQ
Posts: 9187
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:20 pm

Re: I'm in love with Ciara and Ben

Postby BrendaMorganQ » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:00 am

FrizFan wrote:
BrendaMorganQ wrote:
FrizFan wrote:[When Ben was with Abby his mental illness was completely undiagnosed or unrecognized. He had no one to talk to to deal with his problems. Things are different now because he has been treated and has shown a commitment to working on his mental heart. His issues with Abby were build around his poor health. I believe what he feels for Ciara is completely true. It’s not based around any psychosis or slip from reality. He truly cares about her and appreciates her.


Concur. They are both open with each other and supportive. I'm in for love or BFFs (even both).


For me, it’s definitely love. I will be highly highly disappointed if they are only friends. I think they have such a deep connection that goes way beyond friendship.


Love would be nice, but that would require extreme action on Ciara's part to shut Hope & Rafe down.

FrizFan
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:00 pm

Re: I'm in love with Ciara and Ben

Postby FrizFan » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:41 pm

BrendaMorganQ wrote:
FrizFan wrote:For me, it’s definitely love. I will be highly highly disappointed if they are only friends. I think they have such a deep connection that goes way beyond friendship.


Love would be nice, but that would require extreme action on Ciara's part to shut Hope & Rafe down.


If Ciara truly falls in love with Ben, which I hope she does, I think long term Hope and Rafe will accept it. They may never completely like and trust Ben. But I do think once Hope gets some clarity and truly sees what Ciara and Ben mean to each other she’s not gonna want to hinder her daughter’s happiness.

User avatar
BrendaMorganQ
Posts: 9187
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:20 pm

Re: I'm in love with Ciara and Ben

Postby BrendaMorganQ » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:54 pm

FrizFan wrote:
BrendaMorganQ wrote:
FrizFan wrote:For me, it’s definitely love. I will be highly highly disappointed if they are only friends. I think they have such a deep connection that goes way beyond friendship.


Love would be nice, but that would require extreme action on Ciara's part to shut Hope & Rafe down.


If Ciara truly falls in love with Ben, which I hope she does, I think long term Hope and Rafe will accept it. They may never completely like and trust Ben. But I do think once Hope gets some clarity and truly sees what Ciara and Ben mean to each other she’s not gonna want to hinder her daughter’s happiness.


Not if Sami walks into the church carrying a bundle of joy with Hernandez DNA. I see Eric pushing all of her buttons and being forced into coming to the wedding. Rumors are rampant that secrets are going to be revealed - I think Kristen may show up (Doc is worried about no body being found).

ChabbyForever
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:33 pm

Re: I'm in love with Ciara and Ben

Postby ChabbyForever » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:55 pm

I am also in love with Ciara and Ben! I wish they were on more often...twice a week is not enough. I thought this was supposed to be the "Summer of Cin!" Summer's almost over...at least in Canada :)

It would be great if they could some how explain that Ben wasn't responsible for murdering anyone to help redeem him...someone else on this board suggested that maybe Clyde could be somehow made responsible. That would suit me much better. I still don't know how Ben can stick around Salem with the number of people that totally hate his guts. It's already getting old watching people berate him and physically hurt him.


Return to “Days of Our Lives”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Back to Top