Hope sickens me

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
LuvBoHope

Re: Hope sickens me

Postby LuvBoHope » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:37 pm

Acadia_ca wrote:I just started watching the show again after 35 years away from it. I don't remember Hope being as annoying back then as she is now. I just want to punch her in the face!

That's because she WASN'T annoying then! She wasn't annoying til Bo wasn't there & writers changed her character to suit THEIR agendas with new guys they've matched her with! She's no longer recognizable to the great character that was created & developed for decades - it's sad how they've brought her down with these pairings that don't compliment her at all! They sacrificed her to build up Rafe and he's ruined her and, to me, hasn't helped him either! Now, she's been so heavily criticized that everything she does is bashed. She's hopeless til they free her of the Rafe baggage and write her some better story material!

She had some annoying times in the past (Bo did too) but the two of them were so great together they'd come back (they played off each other SO WELL) and all would be well. Not so with Rafe! They need to end that mess & try to save her IMO!

SpookyMom

Postby SpookyMom » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:26 pm

So Hope is so certain that Ben is still a killer and he set the fire to kill Ciara, yet she makes a deal with him to drop the charges in exchange for him leaving town. It doesn’t concern her in the least that he might go on a spree in a neighboring town or different state! What a piece of work Hope is. As long as her baby is safe, the rest of the world can just hope a serial killer doesn’t turn up in their town.

IslandGirl

Postby IslandGirl » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:53 pm

SpookyMom wrote:So Hope is so certain that Ben is still a killer and he set the fire to kill Ciara, yet she makes a deal with him to drop the charges in exchange for him leaving town. It doesn’t concern her in the least that he might go on a spree in a neighboring town or different state! What a piece of work Hope is. As long as her baby is safe, the rest of the world can just hope a serial killer doesn’t turn up in their town.

Hope should be talking to Ben's lawyer with a deal anyway. His lawyer should know that they don't have enough evidence and so the charges should be dropped.

Chdoodles

Postby Chdoodles » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:33 pm

I do not like how they have changed her character over the years and now she just seems like a bitter woman. She has way too much fire that is not looking good for her. They need to change her whole situation up completely.

SpookyMom

Postby SpookyMom » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:45 pm

Chdoodles wrote:I do not like how they have changed her character over the years and now she just seems like a bitter woman. She has way too much fire that is not looking good for her. They need to change her whole situation up completely.

Yes, completely. Maybe she could become a dog groomer or something. She shouldn’t even be eligible to work in law enforcement at all. She committed too many crimes. She needs an entirely different love life, maybe as a lesbian. Anything to get her away from Rafe. Perhaps she should have a terminal illness, but you know, the Salem variety that is curable. But I agree, she should go away for about a year and then come back as a completely revamped character.

Jeank101

Postby Jeank101 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:04 pm

I think Hope’s situation is going to change a lot fairly soon. Her character is gonna get revamped also. :twisted: Come on Sammie.

mauimama

Postby mauimama » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:57 pm

Jeank101 wrote:I think Hope’s situation is going to change a lot fairly soon. Her character is gonna get revamped also. :twisted: Come on Sammie.

C'mon Sami and bring Jordan with ya! Would love to see Jordan run into Rafe and Hope finds them in a big embrace, laughing, smiling at each other....
Sami could come in with a couple good zingers to Hope ie: "is he still as hot In the sack as he was a few months ago with me or has that fire gone out with you two?" lol

LuvBoHope

Postby LuvBoHope » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:33 pm

mauimama wrote:
Jeank101 wrote:I think Hope’s situation is going to change a lot fairly soon. Her character is gonna get revamped also. :twisted: Come on Sammie.

C'mon Sami and bring Jordan with ya! Would love to see Jordan run into Rafe and Hope finds them in a big embrace, laughing, smiling at each other....
Sami could come in with a couple good zingers to Hope ie: "is he still as hot In the sack as he was a few months ago with me or has that fire gone out with you two?" lol

This show gets cheaper by the minute - I just wish they'd get Hope out of this sleazy writing and bring her back to recognition! This stuff is beneath the Hope we grew to love & respect for the decades before she was brought down with recent writing! Let Jordan or Sami have Rafe - just free Hope up!

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:58 pm

SpookyMom wrote:
Chdoodles wrote:I do not like how they have changed her character over the years and now she just seems like a bitter woman. She has way too much fire that is not looking good for her. They need to change her whole situation up completely.

Yes, completely. Maybe she could become a dog groomer or something. She shouldn’t even be eligible to work in law enforcement at all. She committed too many crimes. She needs an entirely different love life, maybe as a lesbian. Anything to get her away from Rafe. Perhaps she should have a terminal illness, but you know, the Salem variety that is curable. But I agree, she should go away for about a year and then come back as a completely revamped character.

:lol: :lol: :lol: It wouldn't work even if they killed her off because she can always come back from the dead! :lol: :lol: :lol:

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:02 pm

I wish Hope could go back to when she was happy, or act like a Police Commish and take her job seriously like Abe did. We never saw Abe in a tizzy running around town when he was the Commish, I miss those Days. Hope in charge has been a JOKE. And her side kick Rafe, following her around like a little puppy dog. At least Bo would stand up to her.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”