Hope sickens me

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
Aplepie

Re: Hope sickens me

Postby Aplepie » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:02 pm

I don't like Hope and I really don't like her as police commissioner. Maybe Adrienne could quit the newspaper and Hope could become Jennifer's new partner. She needs something fresh in her life.

LuvBoHope

Postby LuvBoHope » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:11 am

Aplepie wrote:I don't like Hope and I really don't like her as police commissioner. Maybe Adrienne could quit the newspaper and Hope could become Jennifer's new partner. She needs something fresh in her life.

Hope definitely needs something "fresh" in HER life - like a life without her sidekick Rafe tied to her back! She's gone downhill ever since that rushed matched before Bo's body started cooling and constant force since TRYING to make them entertaining. They just are NOT a good match & it's about destroyed her character!

She was so popular for decades til this happened to her but since tptb adore Rafe (or the actor or both) she's stuck with him and it's so unfair. The other ladies they tried him with got freed of him - Hope's not had that privilege unfortunately!

If they'd free her, let her be single (really single) for a while w/o a romantic interest interacting in other sl's bringing back who & what she was before this disaster hit her, she could "gradually" find a believable & better-suited partner (Rafe could too & maybe he could become worthy of watching rather than the drooling piece of wood he is) and find her spark again! She's definitely not too old for that and still looks amazing. She's just lost her once-amazing traits being tied to something that's not clicking!

I've always wanted them to bring back the REAL Hope but don't think these writers (or Dena Higley) ever knew her or cared about HER - just used her for THEIR interests - in this case Rafe & Ciara! As for KA liking the writing I doubt seriously if she does - gotta think she's no fool & has to see what viewers are saying about her & her love interest - probably likes the people she works with & apparently isn't ready to retire and doesn't really care about her script anymore! JMHO but I've watched her since she came on & she's not remotely close to the Hope I loved for nearly 40 years! I can't even watch her anymore!

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:59 am

Again, this is a first for me, while watching soaps for years. TPTB, have written a law person as being hated now, and having the majority of fans taking up for a serial killer. What has HAPPENED to our soap?

I remember back when the good cops were good guys, before Hope killed and hid Stefano's body (even Roman, Bo and John had more than enough reasons to kill Stefano but they never did) and a murderer was a criminal, and basically stayed in that type of character, as he/she should.

When did everything get so A$$ Backward on our favorite soap? I do NOT like it, and I miss our Old Days. :evil:

LuvBoHope

Postby LuvBoHope » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:06 am

YandR and Days wrote:Again, this is a first for me, while watching soaps for years. TPTB, have written a law person as being hated now, and having the majority of fans taking up for a serial killer. What has HAPPENED to our soap?

I remember back when the good cops were good guys, before Hope killed and hid Stefano's body (even Roman, Bo and John had more than enough reasons to kill Stefano but they never did) and a murderer was a criminal, and basically stayed in that type of character, as he/she should.

When did everything get so A$$ Backward on our favorite soap? I do NOT like it, and I miss our Old Days. :evil:

I miss our "Old DAYS" too - VERY much & is why I don't watch with any regularity anymore. Don't enjoy this new style and, particularly, what they've done to Hope! However, as much reason as Bo, etc., had for killing Stefano & it not happening, I DO think it made total sense for Hope to do so since she (and she had EVERY right to believe it - FIRST time it was NOT Stefano over many years of his torture, etc.) honestly thought HE had tortured Bo & caused his death. Since Joe Mascola was no longer there Stefano had to end anyway - that sl was a great closure for him. The only problem was the writing - it didn't do him justice - and it became all about pairing Rafe with Hope (Bo's death was used for that too) rather than properly closing out legends! Hiding his body, which I blamed much more on Rafe, who was of clear mind & an officer of the law, for not advising Hope properly & keeping his integrity! Shabby writing all round IMO and look what it did to these characters - brought them down to the gutter. AND, they writers never cleared it up - just swept it away!

Things have definitely changed on our once=great show - and not for the better unfortunately!

gonecountry

Postby gonecountry » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:22 pm

Shes the one who's totally unbalanced. She should be asked to step down. I hope TPTB shut her down. Im sick of hearing her going over her daughter's head and telling Ben to stay away. She's so biasd, she's asking people to commit crimes in order to convict Ben. I guess everyone is supposed to biw down to her wishes. Im so glad they're not complying

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:44 pm

I wonder why Abe hasn't checked in lately? Sure wish Rafe would go to him and tell him that Hope needs to be off of Ben's case. Even Abe has problems when his kids are harmed, surely he can see how close Hope's involvement is, esp since it's her daughter, and with the past that Ben has, Hope can't be rational.

mauimama

Postby mauimama » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:54 pm

YandR and Days wrote:I wonder why Abe hasn't checked in lately? Sure wish Rafe would go to him and tell him that Hope needs to be off of Ben's case. Even Abe has problems when his kids are harmed, surely he can see how close Hope's involvement is, esp since it's her daughter, and with the past that Ben has, Hope can't be rational.

Yesterday when she was ranting "Ben's obsessed with Ciara" - I hollered back at the screen "Hey Hope -- YOU'RE the one who's obsessed--- obsessed over Ben!!!!" You're the one who should be sent off to Shady Pines and a padded cell-- not Ben!"

JeanLou

Postby JeanLou » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:27 pm

I was seriously waiting for Marlena to say to Hope, "Why don't we have ourselves a little chat about your irrational Ben obsession & the fact that your're completely unprofessional with a disconnect from reality?!" Cause I'm sure Marlena must see that Hopey is the one that needs counseling, even more so than Ben who at least recognizes that he needs help and to stay on his meds.

I've had it with Hope & she's dragged Rafe down with her. Vacation time offscreen for these 2, please.

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:33 pm

I think a lot of us want to know why Hope hasn't been removed from the case, heck, I bet if Bo was still alive, he'd be on it too though. They were protective parents, but Bo would probably go off on his own and do something about it. I miss those days of Bo and Steve doin' their thing, they were so good, and funny together.

carolliz

Postby carolliz » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:10 am

I feel the same way, and if she thinks raising her eyebrow is acting...please!! Ben should file charges against her for harrassment.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”