Where is Bo and Romans Mom at?

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
LuvsJason2

Where is Bo and Romans Mom at?

Postby LuvsJason2 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:42 pm

I havent seen her on there in a long time well since last year... did Carolyn retire?

Kerrbear

Re: Where is Bo and Romans Mom at?

Postby Kerrbear » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:22 pm

I wonder if she might be in poor health? If she were retiring I would imagine she would get an exit storyline. Semi-important character, still a solid actress.

lurker girl

Postby lurker girl » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:26 pm

Peggy McCay will be either 91 or 92 this November, and the last photo I saw of her was when Mary Beth Evans and, I think, Deidre Hall went to visit her. She did not look well, so I'd say that yes, she has retired due to health issues.

EJAMI5555

Postby EJAMI5555 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:38 pm

lurker girl wrote:Peggy McCay will be either 91 or 92 this November, and the last photo I saw of her was when Mary Beth Evans and, I think, Deidre Hall went to visit her. She did not look well, so I'd say that yes, she has retired due to health issues.

Yep, basing from the surgery, she has half the energy now.

days78

Postby days78 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:05 am

I wish her all the best. I've had the good fortune to have met her a few times over the years. The first time was at the French Market a restaurant in West Hollywood about 15 years ago. I was grabbing a quick bite and she was going to the PO Box at the back of the complex. It was late and quiet, I said hello to her as she walked by and she nodded, smiled, and said hello back.
On her way back from getting her mail, when she passed me again, I told her how much I loved her as Caroline on the show. She thanked me and was appreciative of the recognition. Then to my surprise, she said that she'd had a really long day and asked if I minded if she sat with me. She ordered some food and we gabbed about life for the duration of the meal. Very genuine and nice lady.

As happenstance would have it, I ran into her about 5 years later when we were both in line for the valet from an event we were both at. Not only did she remember me, she asked abut my dog and my partner, and my family of Days watchers. I guess that's the kind of memory an actress must have in order to know her lines - she is a class act all the way around.

Thanks for you post to remind me of such a nice moment in time for me.

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:08 am

days78 wrote:I wish her all the best. I've had the good fortune to have met her a few times over the years. The first time was at the French Market a restaurant in West Hollywood about 15 years ago. I was grabbing a quick bite and she was going to the PO Box at the back of the complex. It was late and quiet, I said hello to her as she walked by and she nodded, smiled, and said hello back.
On her way back from getting her mail, when she passed me again, I told her how much I loved her as Caroline on the show. She thanked me and was appreciative of the recognition. Then to my surprise, she said that she'd had a really long day and asked if I minded if she sat with me. She ordered some food and we gabbed about life for the duration of the meal. Very genuine and nice lady.

As happenstance would have it, I ran into her about 5 years later when we were both in line for the valet from an event we were both at. Not only did she remember me, she asked abut my dog and my partner, and my family of Days watchers. I guess that's the kind of memory an actress must have in order to know her lines - she is a class act all the way around.

Thanks for you post to remind me of such a nice moment in time for me.

Wow, such a great story! I wish her well too.

As far as where the character of Caroline is, isn't she suppose to be visiting Kim?

Porterfield

Postby Porterfield » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:25 am

My guess is that for Peggy's sake they have not written her character off. Giving her hope she can come back. When Peggy passes they will likely say Caroline died while visiting Kimberly or whoever else she is with at the time.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”