Villains with a soft spot: & those mean to the bone.

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
Jeank101

Villains with a soft spot: & those mean to the bone.

Postby Jeank101 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:14 pm

Stephano loved his family-sorta. Clyde is a mean sob. :evil: So why do I like him? :roll:

YandR and Days

Re: Villains with a soft spot: & those mean to the bone.

Postby YandR and Days » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:18 pm

Jeank101 wrote:Stephano loved his family-sorta. Clyde is a mean sob. :evil: So why do I like him? :roll:

Because James Reed plays him? LOL! I know so many fans get invested in the character, I like to look at both, the character and the actor that portrays him/her. I have a friend that is in plays around town and she amazes me when she transforms on stage, into a character I would never guess her to be! Esp when she's nothing like them! :mrgreen:

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:22 pm

Oh, and I think Stefano's love for his kids was sick, look what he did to Lexi in the tunnels? He made EJ grovel, get down and kiss his ring, those he didn't physically harm, he mentally/emotionally abused, the only ones he truly loved were his grandchildren but if they had an organ he needed to harvest for a transplant he needed to live, I bet he'd do it in a minute, remember Benji? :o But I loved JM, so what can I say? :lol:

mauimama

Postby mauimama » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:56 pm

Jeank101 wrote:Stephano loved his family-sorta. Clyde is a mean sob. :evil: So why do I like him? :roll:

Different as night and day: Stephano was "classic opera" - refined, etc
Poor Clyde was a dirty sleazy hillbilly--- oh dang-- I hope I don't offend anyone by using "hillbilly" as a description! LOL
And yet- they both abused their children - physically and or mentally or both... :(

JeanLou

Postby JeanLou » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:11 pm

It's a magic combination of actor & writing that makes for the best villains! Stefano had it and James Read is fab as Clyde, I am always entertained by him and he's always got that twinkle in his eyes! Eileen D as Kristen is another. We will see if the newbie from Y&R can do the character justice.

That's why I'm fascinated to see Gabi veering in that direction and from what I can see, Camila is killing it so far!!

AlyH

Postby AlyH » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:42 pm

JeanLou wrote:It's a magic combination of actor & writing that makes for the best villains! Stefano had it and James Read is fab as Clyde, I am always entertained by him and he's always got that twinkle in his eyes! Eileen D as Kristen is another. We will see if the newbie from Y&R can do the character justice.

That's why I'm fascinated to see Gabi veering in that direction and from what I can see, Camila is killing it so far!!

She is killing it and doesn’t have to look at the monitor (or stutter) She is great at memorizing her lines and doing a fabulous job with it too.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”