Multiple and similar posts

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
ghfanfare

Re: Multiple and similar posts

Postby ghfanfare » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:55 am

Used to be part of the moderation on the boards back when I first started posting here, but now not so much. I'm not sure they even look at the boards anymore unless someone reports something. So there's always that option.

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:51 am

I just posted this in a thread about Gabi but on second thought, it more belongs here.....I was agreeing with Irish about the facts of DOOL.

IA! And it's because I like the facts, and some of us want to see the source so we can check it out to see if it's true, that it's disturbing to me, to see a thread with gossip and rumors and some say spoilers, but won't furnish their source so we can see if it's TRUE or not. Anyone can spread hearsay.

This board use to be a place where you could rely on posts be able to be verified if posters wanted to do so, but now it's becoming a joke, with people starting threads about themselves and their thoughts on what Days is telling them. I want to discuss and have pleasant debates, not mean hearted/spirited ones but this is an open forum and it's up to the admins on this board, to allow what they please.

OK, off my soapbox, just wanted to say IA with you. :mrgreen:

AlyH

Postby AlyH » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:59 am

YandR and Days wrote:I just posted this in a thread about Gabi but on second thought, it more belongs here.....I was agreeing with Irish about the facts of DOOL.

IA! And it's because I like the facts, and some of us want to see the source so we can check it out to see if it's true, that it's disturbing to me, to see a thread with gossip and rumors and some say spoilers, but won't furnish their source so we can see if it's TRUE or not. Anyone can spread hearsay.

This board use to be a place where you could rely on posts be able to be verified if posters wanted to do so, but now it's becoming a joke, with people starting threads about themselves and their thoughts on what Days is telling them. I want to discuss and have pleasant debates, not mean hearted/spirited ones but this is an open forum and it's up to the admins on this board, to allow what they please.

AND I AGREE WITH YOU!!!

EJAMI5555

Postby EJAMI5555 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:24 pm

YandR and Days wrote:I just posted this in a thread about Gabi but on second thought, it more belongs here.....I was agreeing with Irish about the facts of DOOL.

Well what I posted on spoilers and rumors are very much true! :| And this is not about spoilers and rumors, it's about the same topics threads produced, regarding what it is shown ;)

Candy Pruitt

Postby Candy Pruitt » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:14 pm

Just logged on. There are three threads about Ben:

"The Voice in Ben's Head'

"The Voices in Ben's Head"

and "So Ben is not actually cured"

Tell me that's not redundant.

mauimama

Postby mauimama » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:39 pm

[quote="Candy Pruitt"]Just logged on. There are three threads about Ben:

Tell me that's not redundant.[/qusize]

GUILTY!!!!! GUILTY - GUILTY!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

And I did say on my post that I did NOT see the earlier "voice" post ----I swear I looked on the postings before I did mine and did not see "voices"----dang---- Now if I post THREE TIMES "I'm sorry I duplicated a previous posting" will you forgive me? Now PLEASE know that I'm kidding and not being snarky or nasty---- and I kick myself when I see that I repeated someone else's earlier post.... and I can't get mine deleted...

Jeank101

Postby Jeank101 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:39 pm

Idea for board management. If a second “new” post is identical to another post, notify poster and ask if they want to continue.
This is similar to what happens when my reply is ready at the same time as another- or just after another. I can then make a choice as to go ahead and reply or not.

Candy Pruitt

Postby Candy Pruitt » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:05 pm

mauimama wrote:
Candy Pruitt wrote:Just logged on. There are three threads about Ben:

Tell me that's not redundant.[/qusize]

GUILTY!!!!! GUILTY - GUILTY!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

And I did say on my post that I did NOT see the earlier "voice" post ----I swear I looked on the postings before I did mine and did not see "voices"----dang---- Now if I post THREE TIMES "I'm sorry I duplicated a previous posting" will you forgive me? Now PLEASE know that I'm kidding and not being snarky or nasty---- and I kick myself when I see that I repeated someone else's earlier post.... and I can't get mine deleted...

I'm sorry. I wasn't meaning to target anyone or be nasty. It just irritates me that threads I've commented on or started are arbitrarily deleted with the explanation there is already a thread on the subject, while other topics can have several threads all on page one.

Honestly, I did not actually look at any of the posts I mentioned because it always seems whichever one I opt to comment on is the one that is passed by other posters and my comment/opinion is somewhere on page 4 while the other threads remain in active use. I have often thought of typing my comment and copying & pasting to identical threads so I can simply stay in the conversation. It's frustrating.

I have been becoming increasingly frustrated with this site lately and was venting. I truly didn't mean to be nasty to you or anyone else making an honest oversight.

Jeank101

Postby Jeank101 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:21 pm

Candy I can sympathize with you. Sometimes I just stop posting for awhile when it stops being fun. ;)

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:14 pm

There really are multiple threads addressing the same topic. That's why I suggested one thread per day, and we can discuss any and everything in it. :D

Return to “Days of Our Lives”