Multiple and similar posts

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
AlyH

Multiple and similar posts

Postby AlyH » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:21 am

I’m growing weary of this board. Multiple postings on the most boring trio in daytime tv. It’s repetitive and annoying to see all these threads about the same thing. Usually by the same person to generate (I suppose)excitement. It does the opposite for me. Sorry to rant.

YandR and Days

Re: Multiple and similar posts

Postby YandR and Days » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:30 am

Maybe one thread per couple/threesome would work?

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:11 am

I did want to add that I enjoy Daytime Royalty's format, they have one thread per episode and everything is discussed in that one thread on a daily basis, then they move on to the next epi. It prevents all of these multiple threads which are basically the same, same song different verse type thing.

I LOVE the Y&R but I find it very annoying to post on that board, they start threads with the same "topics" over and over, and some aren't correctly titled, sometimes you don't even know what the topic is because the thread "titles" are so vague at times.

mauimama

Postby mauimama » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:07 pm

YandR and Days wrote:I did want to add that I enjoy Daytime Royalty's format, they have one thread per episode and everything is discussed in that one thread on a daily basis, then they move on to the next epi. It prevents all of these multiple threads which are basically the same, same song different verse type thing.

I LOVE the Y&R but I find it very annoying to post on that board, they start threads with the same "topics" over and over, and some aren't correctly titled, sometimes you don't even know what the topic is because the thread "titles" are so vague at times.

And I know I've been guilty of posting a 'similar post" because I didn't see one like mine, before I posted. I should "look before I leap" sometimes! LOL

Jeank101

Postby Jeank101 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:18 pm

Sometimes I jump too fast to post and then three days later someone else posts the same topic. I’m trying not to jump the gun. ;)

EJAMI5555

Postby EJAMI5555 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:34 pm

Yeah, some threads are the same. Maybe the mods can merge them. :)

Candy Pruitt

Postby Candy Pruitt » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:19 pm

EJAMI5555 wrote:Yeah, some threads are the same. Maybe the mods can merge them. :)

Personally, I think the moderators have a bias and merge/delete threads accordingly.

A few months ago after logging on only to see FOUR seperate threads that basically were "i Hate Abby/Marci Miller", thought an opposing opinion might be welcome. So I ....Tried..... to start a thread "I like AbbyMarci Miller".......that post,... pro-Abby was shut down within a few hours.

So apparantly if the "Moderators" agree with your opinion you can post as often and as randomly as you want ....... but have an opinion that differs from theirs....... Your post will be deleted.

.(Timing this now to see how long before this one is also deleted by the "MODERATORS''.

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:24 pm

Candy Pruitt wrote:
EJAMI5555 wrote:Yeah, some threads are the same. Maybe the mods can merge them. :)

Personally, I think the moderators have a bias and merge/delete threads accordingly.

A few months ago after logging on only to see FOUR seperate threads that basically were "i Hate Abby/Marci Miller", thought an opposing opinion might be welcome. So I ....Tried..... to start a thread "I like AbbyMarci Miller".......that post,... pro-Abby was shut down within a few hours.

So apparantly if the "Moderators" agree with your opinion you can post as often and as randomly as you want ....... but have an opinion that differs from theirs....... Your post will be deleted.

.(Timing this now to see how long before this one is also deleted by the "MODERATORS''.

Oh my goodness, I hope that's not the case! We're all allowed our opinions and thoughts about the characters on Days and I really like and respect Marci Miller, she's a great actress!

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:25 pm

Why put them through that trouble when we can have one thread per episode each day?

EJAMI5555

Postby EJAMI5555 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:33 pm

Candy Pruitt wrote:

WHAT?!!! (It means I am surprised) :o :) I don't think it's true! They love Abby, regardless of the actresses. Sad that it was closed down. Marci can definitely act. She just not um, great with Billy. It could be I am used to Kate Mansi. But who know, different things for different folks.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”