Kate & Chad ???

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
Irish17

Kate & Chad ???

Postby Irish17 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:42 pm

I love Kate, but everyone should know by now to always watch your back around her. I really used to like Chad but now all he does is strut around town in his John Travolta suits with a smirk on his face. I used to admire the relationship Chad and Kate had but honestly it's starting to feel a little icky! I seriously thought Kate was going to lean in for a big kiss at one point today...eeeewwww! I don't care how much Kate thinks of him as a son, he's NOT her son. They seem to think they can do anything they want and destroy anyone they want because of who they are. Their relationship is getting too weird for me.

YandR and Days

Re: Kate & Chad ???

Postby YandR and Days » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:08 pm

Irish17 wrote:I love Kate, but everyone should know by now to always watch your back around her. I really used to like Chad but now all he does is strut around town in his John Travolta suits with a smirk on his face. I used to admire the relationship Chad and Kate had but honestly it's starting to feel a little icky! I seriously thought Kate was going to lean in for a big kiss at one point today...eeeewwww! I don't care how much Kate thinks of him as a son, he's NOT her son. They seem to think they can do anything they want and destroy anyone they want because of who they are. Their relationship is getting too weird for me.

LOL! On the Y&R I've seen moms kiss their grown son on the lips and I dunno, seems a bit weird to me.

Of course they feel like they're powerful, even Sonny thought that of himself too, guess it comes with being from powerful families?

EJAMI5555

Postby EJAMI5555 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:19 am

I was thinking yesterday....Chad is not her son! She should spend more time with Lucas, Billie, Phil & Austin....

CloisFan

Postby CloisFan » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:56 am

The relationship between them Chad and Kate feels forced. For the first two years after BF took over the role, they didn't interact that much, besides him and Stefano screwing her over (I think). She wasn't there for him during any of the big moments - being accused of being the Neck Tie Killer, being beaten into a coma by Ben, nearly being burned to death by Ben, getting brainwashed by Andre, finding out he had a son, wasn't invited to his wedding, didn't support him during Abby's breakdown/'death' - she just randomly reappeared in his life and started nagging him about moving on. He stood by and did nothing when Kate insulted Abby/interfered in his marriage, and was angry at her for a couple of weeks about her involvement in Theo's shooting. It was the two of them that nearly ruined Dimera Enterprises with their bad decisions, yet they blame everybody else. Chad stood there and smirked while talking about Kate shooting Stefan's mother, as if it was a joke.

Kates obsession with all things Dimera needs to stop - she referred to the house and the company as 'hers' a few weeks ago, which was a joke. She seems to think her five minute marriage to Stefano makes her the matriarch of the Dimera family (which it doesn't). I hope she turns on Chad, and maybe he'll finally learn that she can't be trusted - because watching him act like a dumb kid who can't do anything without Kate's approval is nauseating.
I did love when Stefan referred to Chad as Kate's 'precious little boy' though.

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:21 am

Kate is the only DiMera Matriarch that's been in DiMansion. She was married to Stefano and Andre, lived there with Sami. I'm use to seeing her there more than anywhere else she's lived. And "if" Andre is still alive, fingers crossed, I'm sure she'll continue to live there.

Kate can't spend time with her her other kids, they don't live in Salem, and hers and Lucas' relationship has always been a troubled one, Lucas has something to do with that, so far, Kate and Chad haven't had any problems that would make them have anything other but a pleasant relationship. I have no problem at all with the way Kate loves Chad, and again, Kate knowing Chad's mother, and her being dead, might have something to do with her bond to Chad.

delyla

Postby delyla » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:45 pm

I've always said - the writers need to rewrite history and make their relationship make sense. Kate could have very easily donated an egg for her good friend to carry. Or Kate could have carried the baby (that her friend couldn't), and then Kate handed him over to her once he was delivered. There are several ways it could be explained for the bond Kate and Chad have, because Kate actually treats Chad better than her own children. JMO obviously!

Jeank101

Postby Jeank101 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:05 pm

delyla wrote:I've always said - the writers need to rewrite history and make their relationship make sense. Kate could have very easily donated an egg for her good friend to carry. Or Kate could have carried the baby (that her friend couldn't), and then Kate handed him over to her once he was delivered. There are several ways it could be explained for the bond Kate and Chad have, because Kate actually treats Chad better than her own children. JMO obviously!

It’s never to late for a reveal in Salem. Bring it on. :)

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:05 pm

delyla wrote:I've always said - the writers need to rewrite history and make their relationship make sense. Kate could have very easily donated an egg for her good friend to carry. Or Kate could have carried the baby (that her friend couldn't), and then Kate handed him over to her once he was delivered. There are several ways it could be explained for the bond Kate and Chad have, because Kate actually treats Chad better than her own children. JMO obviously!

That would be awesome!

I thought Kate treated Billie and Austin ok? Esp Austin, but it's hard treating your kids nice if they live in another country or state. :mrgreen: I remember run ins between Billie and Kate, but that's with every mother and daughter! :lol:

Irish17

Postby Irish17 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:18 pm

Jeank101 wrote:

It’s never to late for a reveal in Salem. Bring it on. :)

Well Kate has said "he's like a son to me" about a trillion times in the last couple weeks, so maybe we will get a "who's the Mommy" storyline to go with the old stale "who's the Daddy" one.

Jezebel1

Postby Jezebel1 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:52 pm

EJAMI5555 wrote:I was thinking yesterday....Chad is not her son! She should spend more time with Lucas, Billie, Phil & Austin....

Not of them have or are in charge of Dimera or Titan that she can steal. :twisted: :evil:
He is the only person that listens to her and does what she wants. None of her real children do! ;)

Return to “Days of Our Lives”