New Couples...

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
DC Wahoo

New Couples...

Postby DC Wahoo » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:41 am

Looking at how some actors never interact with one another...

How about:

* Gabi and Brady? They are kinda dark and together, might be a good force to be reckoned with...
* Eve and Rafe? She's hooked up with his father so why not to open the door for Hope and...
* Hope and Bo: Just recast him and be done with it. Or she should be single forever and no one will ever be happy with and anyone else!
* Stefan and Theresa: I bet she'd give him a run for his money OR
* Stefan and Lani: Oh can you see how hot under the collar Abe would be?
* Jennifer and Anyone Other Than Eric: NO CHEMISTRY

Kerrbear

Re: New Couples...

Postby Kerrbear » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:08 pm

Jennifer has only had 1 true match imo. Just like Hope. I know it wouldn't be very soapy but instead of trying Jennifer with everybody under the sun, why not have her go years without dating.

That happens... People being unable to move on.

Then bring back Jack. AND his returning would be a more powerful reunion. Instead of the same tired scenario where he returns to a love triangle.

daysforever

Postby daysforever » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:34 pm

Oh boy, I so wish that Jack and Jennifer would happen, once again. I understand the guidelines or traditions of soaps, but just think: wouldn't it be wonderful to have a couple, maybe even two couples be happy? I promise, I wouldn't be bored. And that would free up Eric for some other lucky woman.

JeanLou

Postby JeanLou » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:25 pm

I thought I read that Matthew Ashford (Jack) was returning (and not as a ghost)? I can only stand Jack & Jen with each other, otherwise as singles, they are very annoying people!!

Kerrbear

Postby Kerrbear » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:47 pm

JeanLou wrote:I thought I read that Matthew Ashford (Jack) was returning (and not as a ghost)? I can only stand Jack & Jen with each other, otherwise as singles, they are very annoying people!!

You read correctly! I just wasn't saying it because I didn't want to get bashed by anybody for spoiling it Lol... But I agree, they're only good together. Jack & Jen + Bope only work as package deals for me

Hyperbolic1

Postby Hyperbolic1 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:20 pm

Oh, not Jack-the guy who got smashed to smithereens by a wildly out of control elevator hurtling down the shaft and causing his death? Usually we have to have syringes and secret coffins with escape doors to bring someone back, and it has been years and years. Only if Jack comes back as a new character who just happens to bear the most uncanny resemblance to Jack-would it be anything I'd find interesting. I liked Jenn with Dr. Dan, until he died of course.

Couples I could see: definitely G. Hernandez with Stefan. No ghost, no alter, no phony black wig. Just a hatred caught fire turned to passion...LOL

Ciara and Ben...the reasons are many and obvious.

Justin and Kate. I dunno why.
Roman and Kate...cause a gal needs some variety.
Rafe and Kate....cause every once in a while a gal needs some nostalgia for the good old days.
Ted and Kate...cause damn! If a gal can bridge that age gap without missing a beat, all the power to her!

JJ and his probation officer, whoever that might end up being! :lol:
Maggie and Ted=brief fling-because she needs some action and Victor has been a total drip lately. :geek:

MetalQueen

Postby MetalQueen » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:25 am

Before "Cin" I was hoping a Gabi/Ben pairing as part of Gabi's revenge against Abby. But that ain't happening :cry:

Although Eric and Gabi would be so sexy. Or Xander with Gabi.

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:36 am

MetalQueen wrote:Before "Cin" I was hoping a Gabi/Ben pairing as part of Gabi's revenge against Abby. But that ain't happening :cry:

I'm missing your point, how would Gabi being with Ben be revenge against Abby? Are you saying that Abby wants Ben? :?

JeanLou

Postby JeanLou » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:11 pm

I think I'm one of the few who actually liked Rafe with Kate! I thought it was unique and they had a nice rapport. I know it wasn't anything meant for long-term but I really enjoyed it while it lasted ;) Stefan just grosses me out so I want him to be miserable and alone! I really think they should bring Jordan back (with the original actress) b/c that would add an interesting dynamic to the entire situation.

MetalQueen

Postby MetalQueen » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:25 pm

YandR and Days wrote:
MetalQueen wrote:Before "Cin" I was hoping a Gabi/Ben pairing as part of Gabi's revenge against Abby. But that ain't happening :cry:

I'm missing your point, how would Gabi being with Ben be revenge against Abby? Are you saying that Abby wants Ben? :?

No.
Giving that Abby and Gabi are "Best Friends" it would betrayal to hook up with a man who ruined her mentally. That or team up to try to ruin Chabby's marriage. Like Sami/Lucas when they tried to break up Carrie and Austin.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”