We Are Witnessing The Greatest Character Since Samantha Brady!!!

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
lemonade890

Re: We Are Witnessing The Greatest Character Since Samantha Brady!!!

Postby lemonade890 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:58 pm

I completely agree.Camila is a great actress. She is proving that she is not one dimensional

Mama B

Postby Mama B » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:11 am

Kklbab12 wrote:Respectfully I disagree here. She is not from a core family so she can be erased at ANY time. Sami Brady is legendary and Gabi is a sad imitation. The actress is talented but she isnt AS.

Beautifully said! I agree totally! Gabi is obnoxious to watch! She over acts aaaallll the time! Calm it down some and it would be a little more believable. Sami is the best!

Shadowcat99

Postby Shadowcat99 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:29 am

Personally, I love Gabi and I'm loving this turn for her character. Not understanding why so many people are trying to say she's not Sami...that's not what the subject of this post is saying. It's saying the greatest character SINCE Sami Brady. Anywho, while I think there have been greater characters than Gabi since Sami, I have to say that Gabi is one of the characters I'm most excited to watch now.

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:23 am

Shadowcat99 wrote:Personally, I love Gabi and I'm loving this turn for her character. Not understanding why so many people are trying to say she's not Sami...that's not what the subject of this post is saying. It's saying the greatest character SINCE Sami Brady. Anywho, while I think there have been greater characters than Gabi since Sami, I have to say that Gabi is one of the characters I'm most excited to watch now.

Yeah, I can think of other actresses like ED/Kristen, KM/Abby and others that IMO, are much better than Sami. No offense to AS, she just played the character she was hired to play. I thought her character improved a lot there toward the end, when she and Kate became friends, the Sami character seemed to mature and settle down a bit.

Shadowcat99

Postby Shadowcat99 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:40 pm

YandR and Days wrote:
Shadowcat99 wrote:Personally, I love Gabi and I'm loving this turn for her character. Not understanding why so many people are trying to say she's not Sami...that's not what the subject of this post is saying. It's saying the greatest character SINCE Sami Brady. Anywho, while I think there have been greater characters than Gabi since Sami, I have to say that Gabi is one of the characters I'm most excited to watch now.

Yeah, I can think of other actresses like ED/Kristen, KM/Abby and others that IMO, are much better than Sami. No offense to AS, she just played the character she was hired to play. I thought her character improved a lot there toward the end, when she and Kate became friends, the Sami character seemed to mature and settle down a bit.

Totally 100% agree with you.

gonecountry

Postby gonecountry » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:34 pm

IMO. Jen Lilly is one great performer. I fist saw her as a stand in for Kiersten Storms on GH. Then a fabulous staring role as the old testaments Queen Esther. I just started watcing DOOL after 30 years, and have totally enjoyed catching up. Jen made it so much more of a pleasure. Sorry to see her leave. I will be looking forward to seeing her in upcoming projects.

Jeank101

Postby Jeank101 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:01 pm

gonecountry wrote:IMO. Jen Lilly is one great performer. I fist saw her as a stand in for Kiersten Storms on GH. Then a fabulous staring role as the old testaments Queen Esther. I just started watcing DOOL after 30 years, and have totally enjoyed catching up. Jen made it so much more of a pleasure. Sorry to see her leave. I will be looking forward to seeing her in upcoming projects.

Jen Lilly is another reason today’s show was so touching. In spite of everything that Brady & Eve put her through, she was still caring and gracious with them. Her scenes with Brady and with JJ were priceless. :cry:

Irish17

Postby Irish17 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:55 pm

Jeank101 wrote:
gonecountry wrote:IMO. Jen Lilly is one great performer. I fist saw her as a stand in for Kiersten Storms on GH. Then a fabulous staring role as the old testaments Queen Esther. I just started watcing DOOL after 30 years, and have totally enjoyed catching up. Jen made it so much more of a pleasure. Sorry to see her leave. I will be looking forward to seeing her in upcoming projects.

Jen Lilly is another reason today’s show was so touching. In spite of everything that Brady & Eve put her through, she was still caring and gracious with them. Her scenes with Brady and with JJ were priceless. :cry:

Yep! Jen Lilly is the BEST! I'm going to miss her.

elaine999

Postby elaine999 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:22 pm

I'm pleased that the writers are changing Gabi. Characters seeking vengeance are usually more interesting than characters seeking affection from uninterested men.

I'm also watching Claire. I think that this actress will grow into villain roles (perhaps like OLTL's Dorian). She has a very expressive face and a firm jaw.

And I'm sorry that Jenn Lilly wasn't used more. Theresa was more interesting this time around.

jay2186

Postby jay2186 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:55 pm

DaysVixen wrote:
EJAMI5555 wrote:We are witnessing the greatest character in our generation! :) Gabi Hernandez is evolving into something more! And I have not seen something like this since Samantha Brady!!! :D I think Gabi will be one of those characters that most will talk about!

I am proud of you, Camila! Let Gabi get them! :twisted:

I tend to gravitate towards the characters that actually aren't perfect, don't' act like they're perfect, and don't get treated like they're perfect To me, they have more depth, bring more drama and you want to love to hate/hate to love them. Sami and Theresa have been my favourites over the last *cough* 25 years or so because of this.

Camila is fabulous in her role, and the way she plays Gabi is terrific. I really hope the writers do her justice though. I can easily see this becoming another "poor Abigail" story.

I totally agree I think CB is better as a bad girl...and I always love characters that are split in the middle characters that are real to themselves. Oh and trust me this is already a poor perfect precious Abigail story.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”