Abigail Had DID But Gabi Knows What She's Doing

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
dazgonby

Re: Abigail Had DID But Gabi Knows What She's Doing

Postby dazgonby » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:57 pm

lurker girl wrote:
jay2186 wrote:
YandR and Days wrote:I know all of the Abby Haters still blame Abby for having DID and say that she's using that as an excuse to get away with the things that she did, some even say she didn't have DID and Abby herself, did the things she did on purpose, BUT, if Gabi did change the paternity results, she is in her right, but revengeful mind and doing it out of revenge and pay back.

So I guess St. Gabi can go to the Dark Side too.

My problem with the Abby character is that she NEVER faces the consequences for her actions and it seems that everyone is always coming to her rescue or giving her an excuse for what she does. When she lied about sleeping with Austin..Austin was blamed and made to look like the bad guy and Abby was made to look like the victim..the same happened with EJ he was a scoundrel and she this innocent naive girl who was taken advantaged by him which was clear to us that she wasnt. Sami wasn't even allowed to be angry because again Abby is an innocent girl who got taken advantaged of by the big bad EJ Dimera. Now present time she killed Andre and in her sickness she and Stefan framed Gabi..Gabi goes to prison almost dies and Abby is walking around free..she gets to go home to her son and husband even after she confesses. So is Gabi not allowed to be angry and hurt? she lost her company, went to prison..her daughter hates her, she almost died and now she finds out she might not be able to have kids. If that where me i would hate the world.

As I recall, Abby was found out about Austin, and Carrie slapped her into next week. Her family was shocked by Abs's behavior, too. Then EJ: He went to the cabin with the purpose of seducing Abby in order to get some info or something. She fell for it. And no, she did not start it. Then when Sami and EJ were on the outs, Abby and EJ went into lust again. Was she wrong? Maybe, maybe not. Now, when she was with Ben, she should have called it quits before hooking up with Chad, so that was her fault. Of course Gabi is allowed to be angry and hurt, even though the mental problems weren't Abby's fault. Gabi should be really mad at Stefan, and if she's plotting something against him, so be it. But I wish she'd just get her own company and make lots of money and show people she can be a success.

EJ went to the cabin because Gabi went crying to him that Abby was going to tell everything and she needed him to stop her.
He went to the cabin to talk to Abby from telling, not with the purpose of seducing her. He and Sami were having problems and she was out of town on business.
And yes Abby did make the first move on EJ.
Abby was completely obsessed with Austin to the point of stalking him, and Mel stopped her at that resort or whatever.
She started the same with EJ and to the point of using the sex to keep him from even attending some sport or school thing of Johnny's.
Even Sami's revenge on Abby got turned around on Sami but it was great to watch as it was happening.
This time she was ill but the pattern was still there.

lurker girl

Postby lurker girl » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:39 pm

I don't agree with dazgonby about EJ not seducing Abby at the cabin, and many other posters at the time saw it as him seducing her, too. Ejamis went nuts, of course, blaming Abby. But EJ said he would stop her, and he was quite obvious as to how. Many of us said, Well, sure, how could she resist? Later on, on a following episode, I remember something about EJ remarking about what he had done to stop her, without going into any details.

JeanLou

Postby JeanLou » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:21 pm

Jeank101 wrote:Oh but it’s going to get so interesting. :twisted:
Bring it on.

I so agree with you other Jean! I think a Gabi gone over to the dark side would be fascinating as we can always use people that aren't all good or bad but complex characters, to liven up the Salem scene. Plus, I totally get why Gabi has had it with Abigail and the other DiMera's, even Chad. She's been incarcerated, beaten up, and now is barren all b/c of these people! I say go get 'em Gabi!!

Blonde Angel

Postby Blonde Angel » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:53 pm

Abby did not have DID when she set fire to Ben and then when she started a major fire to escape from Shady HIllls.. I'm not sure what she was suffering from then... ( forget which fire came first though)

DaysVixen

Postby DaysVixen » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:07 pm

lurker girl wrote:
jay2186 wrote:
YandR and Days wrote:I know all of the Abby Haters still blame Abby for having DID and say that she's using that as an excuse to get away with the things that she did, some even say she didn't have DID and Abby herself, did the things she did on purpose, BUT, if Gabi did change the paternity results, she is in her right, but revengeful mind and doing it out of revenge and pay back.

So I guess St. Gabi can go to the Dark Side too.

My problem with the Abby character is that she NEVER faces the consequences for her actions and it seems that everyone is always coming to her rescue or giving her an excuse for what she does. When she lied about sleeping with Austin..Austin was blamed and made to look like the bad guy and Abby was made to look like the victim..the same happened with EJ he was a scoundrel and she this innocent naive girl who was taken advantaged by him which was clear to us that she wasnt. Sami wasn't even allowed to be angry because again Abby is an innocent girl who got taken advantaged of by the big bad EJ Dimera. Now present time she killed Andre and in her sickness she and Stefan framed Gabi..Gabi goes to prison almost dies and Abby is walking around free..she gets to go home to her son and husband even after she confesses. So is Gabi not allowed to be angry and hurt? she lost her company, went to prison..her daughter hates her, she almost died and now she finds out she might not be able to have kids. If that where me i would hate the world.

As I recall, Abby was found out about Austin, and Carrie slapped her into next week. Her family was shocked by Abs's behavior, too. Then EJ: He went to the cabin with the purpose of seducing Abby in order to get some info or something. She fell for it. And no, she did not start it. Then when Sami and EJ were on the outs, Abby and EJ went into lust again. Was she wrong? Maybe, maybe not. Now, when she was with Ben, she should have called it quits before hooking up with Chad, so that was her fault. Of course Gabi is allowed to be angry and hurt, even though the mental problems weren't Abby's fault. Gabi should be really mad at Stefan, and if she's plotting something against him, so be it. But I wish she'd just get her own company and make lots of money and show people she can be a success.

Abigail getting slapped into next week is not her paying for her misdeeds in any way, shape or form. Her family being shocked by her behavior is also nothing compared to the treatment Sami and Theresa have gotten from their own families, so to me that also doesn't cut it.

EJ and Abigail... Abigail was also befriending Sami at the time she was sleeping with EJ behind her back. She knew full well what she was doing and again was treated like the sweet, innocent little angel that would never hope to hurt anyone (Kayla's words this week).

Are we also forgetting that she also cheated on Ben with Chad? This was literally the breaking point that lead Ben down the path to being a psychopath. She didn't know who Thomas' father was then, either.

I get it, she has DID (which by the way, also developed AFTER she killed Andre), but Gabi Sami and (ugh) Carrie have been through the ringer because of that little....... ...... "angel," and she deserves to be dragged IMO.

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:23 pm

Blonde Angel wrote:Abby did not have DID when she set fire to Ben and then when she started a major fire to escape from Shady HIllls.. I'm not sure what she was suffering from then... ( forget which fire came first though)

Abby was suffering from PTSD, if any normal person had gone thought what Ben did to her, and Chad, anyone would suffer from that.

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:27 pm

lurker girl wrote:I don't agree with dazgonby about EJ not seducing Abby at the cabin, and many other posters at the time saw it as him seducing her, too. Ejamis went nuts, of course, blaming Abby. But EJ said he would stop her, and he was quite obvious as to how. Many of us said, Well, sure, how could she resist? Later on, on a following episode, I remember something about EJ remarking about what he had done to stop her, without going into any details.

Again, thank you, it was Sami's idea for EJ to keeps tabs on Abby because she was asking too many questions about Nick, or at least that's the way I remember it, and EJ definitely seduced Abby, I watched that scene over and over because I couldn't understand why the Abby Haters were blaming her when it was plainly EJ that did what he did to protect Sami. He started by buying Jack's book, and some other book that interested her and he was teaching her about it. Well laid plan by EJ, and did I mention they were HOT? :lol:

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:51 pm

lurker girl wrote:I don't agree with dazgonby about EJ not seducing Abby at the cabin, and many other posters at the time saw it as him seducing her, too. Ejamis went nuts, of course, blaming Abby. But EJ said he would stop her, and he was quite obvious as to how. Many of us said, Well, sure, how could she resist? Later on, on a following episode, I remember something about EJ remarking about what he had done to stop her, without going into any details.

Also, I want to tip my hat to you, in ALL of the years that we've been posting together, you have never spoken anything but truth about the S/L's. You've never spun anything, we don't always agree, but you speak the truth without getting emotional or overly passionate about things the way I do! :lol:

Thank you my friend, for ALWAYS being the voice of reason and for knowing exactly about what's going on. Where's the heart emoticon when you need it! LOL! :lol:

lurker girl

Postby lurker girl » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:07 pm

Wow, YandR&Days, thank you so much. I'm not always sure of my posts due to the sieve that is my brain - forgetting some of these past s/ls. And I'm sure many posters would just call me dull. LOL I've loved having you post because you have a great sense of humor and you really are fair-minded. No, we don't always agree, but that's what makes things interesting. ;) Oh, and I do agree with your post saying that Abby had PTSD after that horrible experience with Ben. Giving birth in the cabin, having Ben take her baby away, having the bed set on fire. Hey, I'd say she paid her dues for cheating on Ben with Chad. (And I did mention that in my post, DaysVixen)

dazgonby

Postby dazgonby » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:18 pm

I am so not getting into the thing with the Ejami and Ejabby because both got completely out of hand.
I was going by Gabi going to Ej and telling him where Abby was and that she needed him to stop her. And the fact that Abby blocked Ej from leaving...to me that is Abby starting it and of course Ej was all for it.
And yes he did say he stopped her without saying he had sex with her.
That is what I remember about it and if I am remembering it wrong well it is not because I went nuts because I am an Ejami fan blaming Abby.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”