Abigail Had DID But Gabi Knows What She's Doing

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
dazgonby

Re: Abigail Had DID But Gabi Knows What She's Doing

Postby dazgonby » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:36 pm

If I am getting remembering messed up with postings on board back then please set me straight because I would rather be headed toward what happened on the show then what I "think" I am remembering or by what someone has made it into.
I am open to being told what happened when I am wrong. ;)

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:49 am

dazgonby wrote:
lurker girl wrote:I don't agree with dazgonby about EJ not seducing Abby at the cabin, and many other posters at the time saw it as him seducing her, too. Ejamis went nuts, of course, blaming Abby. But EJ said he would stop her, and he was quite obvious as to how. Many of us said, Well, sure, how could she resist? Later on, on a following episode, I remember something about EJ remarking about what he had done to stop her, without going into any details.

I am so not getting into the thing with the Ejami and Ejabby because both got completely out of hand.
I was going by Gabi going to Ej and telling him where Abby was and that she needed him to stop her. And the fact that Abby blocked Ej from leaving...to me that is Abby starting it and of course Ej was all for it.
And yes he did say he stopped her without saying he had sex with her.
That is what I remember about it and if I am remembering it wrong well it is not because I went nuts because I am an Ejami fan blaming Abby.

Maybe you can google that cabin scene where EJ followed Abby to the cabin and watch it. I don't know how, but I know others do it all the time. :D

dazgonby

Postby dazgonby » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:32 pm

YandR and Days wrote:
dazgonby wrote:
lurker girl wrote:I don't agree with dazgonby about EJ not seducing Abby at the cabin, and many other posters at the time saw it as him seducing her, too. Ejamis went nuts, of course, blaming Abby. But EJ said he would stop her, and he was quite obvious as to how. Many of us said, Well, sure, how could she resist? Later on, on a following episode, I remember something about EJ remarking about what he had done to stop her, without going into any details.

I am so not getting into the thing with the Ejami and Ejabby because both got completely out of hand.
I was going by Gabi going to Ej and telling him where Abby was and that she needed him to stop her. And the fact that Abby blocked Ej from leaving...to me that is Abby starting it and of course Ej was all for it.
And yes he did say he stopped her without saying he had sex with her.
That is what I remember about it and if I am remembering it wrong well it is not because I went nuts because I am an Ejami fan blaming Abby.

Maybe you can google that cabin scene where EJ followed Abby to the cabin and watch it. I don't know how, but I know others do it all the time. :D

Thanks! I did finally find the scene (took some doing) and I guess it pretty much goes both ways. I did remember that Ej was going to leave and Abby stopped him, but is sure did not take much and it was said about being there for Gabi, so I did remember that also. Funny thing I had to sign in to see it because of the content :lol:
So I guess it pretty much is on how a person wants to go with it...I think I was taking it too exact and not paying so much mind to the lust part of it. .smh..sad but true.

StraightTalker

Postby StraightTalker » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:11 am

YandR and Days wrote:
Blonde Angel wrote:Abby did not have DID when she set fire to Ben and then when she started a major fire to escape from Shady HIllls.. I'm not sure what she was suffering from then... ( forget which fire came first though)

Abby was suffering from PTSD, if any normal person had gone thought what Ben did to her, and Chad, anyone would suffer from that.

But you don’t see the irony in what you are saying? So if what Ben did was too much for Abby hence her PTSd and that amount of suffering would lead any normal person to the breaking. So if all of that is explanatory and excusable on Abby’s part due to what Ben did, then how is it any different in the case of Gabi? I really would like to know.

Gabi was made to suffer severely for something that Abby and was then set up by parts of Abby. The alters did not magically appear out of thin air, Abby actually created them so she could seek refuge in their existence rather than having to face what she did.

Ben’s actions caused pain and suffering for Abby and Abby’s actions caused pain and suffering for Gabi. The defense offered up for Abby is that she had mental break (DID) and she wasn’t in her right mind. Except the same explanation applis in Ben’s situation as well. He suffered a mental break (psychosis) and he too wasn’t in his right mind which underscored by the on screen examples of what it looks like when Ben is in his right mind and when he isn’t. The writing is literally making it clear that both Ben and Abby suffer from a mental illness. Question is, why are some of us trying to pretend that only one of them have a mental illness?

And as mentioned before, if all of Abby’s pain and suffering broke her to where she tried to kill Ben, then what in the world do you think Gabi’s pain and suffering has done and is doing to her? You think there isn’t psychological damage and scars brought about as a result of Abby’s and her alters?

Ben being psychologically impaired did not give himm a pass and those who suffered at his hands don’t care that he had mental break or that he is now on medicine to manage his illness. So I’m wondering why the contrast regarding Abby as it pertains to Gabi?

And no, me asking these does mean that I hate Abby.a

Irish17

Postby Irish17 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:30 am

StraightTalker wrote:
YandR and Days wrote:
Blonde Angel wrote:Abby did not have DID when she set fire to Ben and then when she started a major fire to escape from Shady HIllls.. I'm not sure what she was suffering from then... ( forget which fire came first though)

Abby was suffering from PTSD, if any normal person had gone thought what Ben did to her, and Chad, anyone would suffer from that.

But you don’t see the irony in what you are saying? So if what Ben did was too much for Abby hence her PTSd and that amount of suffering would lead any normal person to the breaking. So if all of that is explanatory and excusable on Abby’s part due to what Ben did, then how is it any different in the case of Gabi? I really would like to know.

Gabi was made to suffer severely for something that Abby and was then set up by parts of Abby. The alters did not magically appear out of thin air, Abby actually created them so she could seek refuge in their existence rather than having to face what she did.

Ben’s actions caused pain and suffering for Abby and Abby’s actions caused pain and suffering for Gabi. The defense offered up for Abby is that she had mental break (DID) and she wasn’t in her right mind. Except the same explanation applis in Ben’s situation as well. He suffered a mental break (psychosis) and he too wasn’t in his right mind which underscored by the on screen examples of what it looks like when Ben is in his right mind and when he isn’t. The writing is literally making it clear that both Ben and Abby suffer from a mental illness. Question is, why are some of us trying to pretend that only one of them have a mental illness?

And as mentioned before, if all of Abby’s pain and suffering broke her to where she tried to kill Ben, then what in the world do you think Gabi’s pain and suffering has done and is doing to her? You think there isn’t psychological damage and scars brought about as a result of Abby’s and her alters?

Ben being psychologically impaired did not give himm a pass and those who suffered at his hands don’t care that he had mental break or that he is now on medicine to manage his illness. So I’m wondering why the contrast regarding Abby as it pertains to Gabi?

I seriously couldn't have said this better StraightTalker! Gabi could very well be suffering from PTSD too. PTSD isn't exclusive to the Hortons.

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:34 am

StraightTalker wrote:
YandR and Days wrote:

I didn't realize Gabi had been diagnosed with PTSD, but I suppose that will be her defense as well as Abby's and Ben's, once she's caught.

Irish17

Postby Irish17 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:39 am

And no, me asking these does mean that I hate Abby.a[/quote]

I didn't realize Gabi had been diagnosed with PTSD, but I suppose that will be her defense as well as Abby's and Ben's, once she's caught.[/quote]

Gabi hasn't been diagnosed with PTSD as far as I know but it doesn't mean she's not suffering from it. If Abby is considered not responsible for her actions due to mental illness, then that should hold true for any other character.

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:41 am

Lost the rest of my post somehow....

I didn't realize Gabi had been diagnosed with PTSD, but I suppose that will be her defense as well as Abby's and Ben's, once she's caught, although I don't seen Ben as having PTSD, unless it was Abby that drove him to go over the edge because of his "love" for her as some believe. Ben was a stalker who became obsessed with Abigail and rather than accept a break up, he went to extremes in killing people, he's even admitted to being a serial killer but oops, that's because Clyde abused him as a child. Guess Ben gets a free pass after all.

Irish17

Postby Irish17 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:57 am

YandR and Days wrote:Lost the rest of my post somehow....

I didn't realize Gabi had been diagnosed with PTSD, but I suppose that will be her defense as well as Abby's and Ben's, once she's caught, although I don't seen Ben as having PTSD, unless it was Abby that drove him to go over the edge because of his "love" for her as some believe. Ben was a stalker who became obsessed with Abigail and rather than accept a break up, he went to extremes in killing people, he's even admitted to being a serial killer but oops, that's because Clyde abused him as a child. Guess Ben gets a free pass after all.

No one should get a free pass. I still think it will come out that Clyde was the necktie killer and has Ben convinced he did it all (only way I can see redeeming him) but being abused as a child would certainly be reason for his mental illness. Certain people in Salem get preferential treatment for their actions while others are considered evil, vindictive, and vengeful...we can't have it both ways, although the writers seem to think so and write it that way...ugh!

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:39 am

Irish17 wrote:
YandR and Days wrote:Lost the rest of my post somehow....

No one should get a free pass. I still think it will come out that Clyde was the necktie killer and has Ben convinced he did it all (only way I can see redeeming him) but being abused as a child would certainly be reason for his mental illness. Certain people in Salem get preferential treatment for their actions while others are considered evil, vindictive, and vengeful...we can't have it both ways, although the writers seem to think so and write it that way...ugh!

Before you know it, everyone will be excused for their actions due to mental illness but I thought it was common knowledge that villains have a narcissitic personality disorder, look at Stefano! :lol: I bring him up because I want to have villains on my soaps. :mrgreen: And I'm sure he had PLENTY of mental disorders! :lol:

Return to “Days of Our Lives”