Is Stuttering Contagious?

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
User avatar
YandR and Days
Posts: 7092
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: Is Stuttering Contagious?

Postby YandR and Days » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:29 am

mauimama wrote:
YandR and Days wrote:Oh Lord, BRADY was stuttering today! :lol:

I think we ought to start a stuttering game, every time someone stutters, down a shot, we'll all be drunk by the end of the show! :lol:


By the END of the show---- hell----- within 10 minutes of the beginning, we'd all be drunk


:lol: :lol: :lol:

mo195000
Posts: 414
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:33 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: Is Stuttering Contagious?

Postby mo195000 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:05 am

I find the amount of stuttering on this show very odd; I do not see this on the other soaps I watch. Since I have not been watching Days that long, I was hesitant to say anything because I did not want to hurt any of the actors' feelings. But now I see that characters who did not stutter before, are beginning to. Really makes me wonder why. Surely TPTB are not coaching the actors to do this. It only makes the dialogue a little hard to understand for us viewers and does not add to the storyline in any way (just my opinion).

User avatar
LuvsJason2
Posts: 1363
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:49 pm

Re: Is Stuttering Contagious?

Postby LuvsJason2 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:10 am

yo yo yo you alll nee ne nee to sttststand in corner fo rma mamamaking fun of them...LoL


User avatar
YandR and Days
Posts: 7092
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: Is Stuttering Contagious?

Postby YandR and Days » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:27 am

mo195000 wrote:I find the amount of stuttering on this show very odd; I do not see this on the other soaps I watch. Since I have not been watching Days that long, I was hesitant to say anything because I did not want to hurt any of the actors' feelings. But now I see that characters who did not stutter before, are beginning to. Really makes me wonder why. Surely TPTB are not coaching the actors to do this. It only makes the dialogue a little hard to understand for us viewers and does not add to the storyline in any way (just my opinion).


Thank God for closed captioning! :D

User avatar
YandR and Days
Posts: 7092
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: Is Stuttering Contagious?

Postby YandR and Days » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:27 am

LuvsJason2 wrote:yo yo yo you alll nee ne nee to sttststand in corner fo rma mamamaking fun of them...LoL


:lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
mauimama
Posts: 8029
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:15 pm

Re: Is Stuttering Contagious?

Postby mauimama » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:26 pm

YandR and Days wrote:
LuvsJason2 wrote:yo yo yo you alll nee ne nee to sttststand in corner fo rma mamamaking fun of them...LoL


:lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG--- now that is just "mean, mean, mean" everybody! LOL Shame on me, too! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Me-walking to said corner, head hung down in shame.... ;) ;) ;)

Jeank101
Posts: 5727
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:39 am
Location: Fl

Re: Is Stuttering Contagious?

Postby Jeank101 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:22 pm

mauimama wrote:
YandR and Days wrote:
LuvsJason2 wrote:yo yo yo you alll nee ne nee to sttststand in corner fo rma mamamaking fun of them...LoL


:lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG--- now that is just "mean, mean, mean" everybody! LOL Shame on me, too! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Me-walking to said corner, head hung down in shame.... ;) ;) ;)

I don’t know if I’m laughing at you or YandR! :lol: :lol:

Jeank101
Posts: 5727
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:39 am
Location: Fl

Re: Is Stuttering Contagious?

Postby Jeank101 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:24 pm

LuvsJason2 needs to be whooped. :lol: :lol: Then put in the corner.

ghxfan19835
Posts: 1710
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:40 pm

Re: Is Stuttering Contagious?

Postby ghxfan19835 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:10 pm

so many actors, and people in real life, talk like that now.

you would be bowled over to speak with someone these days who would stand up straight,
look you right in the eyes, and not pepper their speech with "ahs", "ums", "like" or repeat
their words needlessly.

Jeank101
Posts: 5727
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:39 am
Location: Fl

Re: Is Stuttering Contagious?

Postby Jeank101 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:58 pm

ghfan1985 wrote:so many actors, and people in real life, talk like that now.

you would be bowled over to speak with someone these days who would stand up straight,
look you right in the eyes, and not pepper their speech with "ahs", "ums", "like" or repeat
their words needlessly.

You are so right. It drives me crazy. I will turn off an interview if the person can’t talk any better than that. I assume they really have nothing worthwhile to say.


Return to “Days of Our Lives”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Delonjo, fightcrab, JaggedEdge, Junie13 and 1 guest

Back to Top