Is Stuttering Contagious?

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
AlyH

Re: Is Stuttering Contagious?

Postby AlyH » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:34 pm

YandR and Days wrote:Ok, Stefan caught the Stuttering Bug today, I watched it twice and yep! And Chad couldn't even speak a whole sentence, I found myself wanting to say his lines for him! :lol:

That’s one reason I started the thread of not liking him. I honestly can’t listen to him anymore. And you are right ....today Stefan caught the bug and did the same. It’s super Annoying. Once you hear it it’s like nails on chalkboard. Someone needs to tell them to STOP it!

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:48 pm

AlyH wrote:
YandR and Days wrote:Ok, Stefan caught the Stuttering Bug today, I watched it twice and yep! And Chad couldn't even speak a whole sentence, I found myself wanting to say his lines for him! :lol:

That’s one reason I started the thread of not liking him. I honestly can’t listen to him anymore. And you are right ....today Stefan caught the bug and did the same. It’s super Annoying. Once you hear it it’s like nails on chalkboard. Someone needs to tell them to STOP it!

IA, it's very annoying esp when other actors like Will, Sonny and Paul are doing it too! Can't you just SEE Kate Roberts doing it? Lord, I'd have to quit the show! :lol:

Chdoodles

Postby Chdoodles » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:14 pm

Maybe they caught it from Marlena.. she's the original culprit.. she's been doing it for years..

lurker girl

Postby lurker girl » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:19 pm

I never noticed Marlena stuttering. And I don't really hear much from Sonny or the others, although I'll grant you that Will does a lot of hesitating. But nobody does it like Chad! He is the king! On Mondays show when he was stammering and spluttering over and over with each sentence, I wanted have MM stop filming and hit him. He does not have a real problem with it. Go back and youtube his old clips and there is no stuttering.

AlyH

Postby AlyH » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:03 pm

lurker girl wrote:I never noticed Marlena stuttering. And I don't really hear much from Sonny or the others, although I'll grant you that Will does a lot of hesitating. But nobody does it like Chad! He is the king! On Mondays show when he was stammering and spluttering over and over with each sentence, I wanted have MM stop filming and hit him. He does not have a real problem with it. Go back and youtube his old clips and there is no stuttering.

Omg then prove it lol
lol lol!!!!

Jeank101

Postby Jeank101 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:05 pm

lurker girl wrote:I never noticed Marlena stuttering. And I don't really hear much from Sonny or the others, although I'll grant you that Will does a lot of hesitating.
But nobody does it like Chad! He is the king! On Mondays show when he was stammering and spluttering over and over with each sentence, I wanted have MM stop filming and hit him. He does not have a real problem with it. Go back and youtube his old clips and there is no stuttering.

I’ve been wanting to say that a lot of characters hesitate and hem and haw, but Chad’s stuttering is different than hesitations. It’s a real distraction. I’m not faulting him; just correct it. :geek:

AlyH

Postby AlyH » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:09 pm

Jeank101 wrote:
lurker girl wrote:I never noticed Marlena stuttering. And I don't really hear much from Sonny or the others, although I'll grant you that Will does a lot of hesitating.
But nobody does it like Chad! He is the king! On Mondays show when he was stammering and spluttering over and over with each sentence, I wanted have MM stop filming and hit him. He does not have a real problem with it. Go back and youtube his old clips and there is no stuttering.

I’ve been wanting to say that a lot of characters hesitate and hem and haw, but Chad’s stuttering is different than hesitations. It’s a real distraction. I’m not faulting him; just correct it. :geek:

He’s not hemming and hawing for sure. It’s flat at stammering and the intentional.

AlyH

Postby AlyH » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:10 pm

Oops “it’s “ intentional and annoying.

EJAMI5555

Postby EJAMI5555 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:18 pm

And that's my point here from the last thread I went to...people are catching on.

Jeank101

Postby Jeank101 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:26 pm

EJAMI5555 wrote:And that's my point here from the last thread I went to...people are catching on.

Let me understand . You’re saying that Chad’s stuttering is intentional. It’s not a problem he can’t help?
Sometimes with so many threads and posts, I can get confused. :) Thank you.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”