Writing on the wall - if going typical soap

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
AnneM127

Re: Writing on the wall - if going typical soap

Postby AnneM127 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:41 pm

TSHM wrote:I love Hope and Rafe. I don’t mind them as a couple. Poor Rafe if Sami is pregnant , he will be stuck with Sami forever, geez he doesn’t deserve that ! Manipulating Grandma Sami and all her baby daddy’s ,no Rafe deserves better .

No, actually Sami probably wouldn't want Rafe to be "stuck" with her. They are friends, it was a one night stand, it was mutual comfort-that's all. EJ took Sami's heart with him....to wherever he went...passing on, or just passing time in some secret crypt after Kristen injected him with the water from the Fountain of Youth. If they could ever get James Scott back that would be a miracle. But even if Sami comes back as many seem to be hoping, I doubt it will be to crimp Rafe's style. I also don't see her being Rafe's cheerleader to Hope. She'll probably come back to celebrate Will regaining his memory-then throw a typical Sami fit when Will remembers what she did.

LuvBoHope

Postby LuvBoHope » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:24 am

BrendaMorganQ wrote:They have Rafe longing for children again and showing off pictures of Johnny. Any guesses that Sami's return will not just be because Will has gotten his memory back but because she has something to tell Rafe.

Now she will either return belly full and trying to hide it or she'll get him alone and tell him that she has a surprise that could blow up his world.

Then she will either volunteer to leave town to go back to her kids without expecting anything form him but just wanted him to know. Or at some point she will loose the baby while in Salem and they will grieve together, allowing him to remain with Hope.

I'd rather Hope walk away from Rafe and let him be a full time dad to the baby without her being forced to watching him fall in love with something that she doesn't want to give him. Not to mention the baby is a reminder of how he was so quick to give up on them and was willing to let Ciara keep his dirty secret from her.

You've pretty much nailed it IMO! This sl has kept me from returning to the audience (I can't abide watching this Nu-Hope with Rafe), but if Rafe ends up with this child somehow Hope would love it & help him raise it (IF some of her appealing features return). Can't see Sami leaving her baby with them, however, and if she loses it or something happens to it Hope would feel sorry for him and stay endgame for sure! I don't think they'll play the betrayal & longtime cover with Ciara leading the way as a problem still.

Regardless, since Sami's not staying on the show this will only be a stall-tactic for Rafe & Hope with or w/o baby! TPTB aren't ending them - THEY (not the audience) are too invested in them! JMHO!!

CloisFan

Postby CloisFan » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:12 am

lurker girl wrote:I realize most of the posters here hate Hope, but I don't get why they'd want Sami pregnant yet again. Unless they also want Rafe to leave the show. AS is not staying, and Sami sure wouldn't hand her baby over to Rafe, right? So what's the point, just to break up Rope? But then Rafe wouldn't leave his baby when Sami takes off again.

I was thinking the same thing - with Sami only being around short term, it doesn't make sense for her to have a baby to Rafe - either she takes it with her when she leaves or she leaves it with Rafe to raise - neither scenario sounds plausible.

LuvBoHope

Postby LuvBoHope » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:00 pm

CloisFan wrote:
lurker girl wrote:I realize most of the posters here hate Hope, but I don't get why they'd want Sami pregnant yet again. Unless they also want Rafe to leave the show. AS is not staying, and Sami sure wouldn't hand her baby over to Rafe, right? So what's the point, just to break up Rope? But then Rafe wouldn't leave his baby when Sami takes off again.

I was thinking the same thing - with Sami only being around short term, it doesn't make sense for her to have a baby to Rafe - either she takes it with her when she leaves or she leaves it with Rafe to raise - neither scenario sounds plausible.

Another option that WOULD be plausible would be if they killed off Sami so the baby's left for Rafe (and Hope, of course) to raise!. then they could still have Sami return once or twice a year in ghosts appearances because they LOVE her returns so much & wouldn't have to let that go!

dazgonby

Postby dazgonby » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:39 pm

LuvBoHope wrote:
CloisFan wrote:

Another option that WOULD be plausible would be if they killed off Sami so the baby's left for Rafe (and Hope, of course) to raise!. then they could still have Sami return once or twice a year in ghosts appearances because they LOVE her returns so much & wouldn't have to let that go!

I can't see them killing Sami off just to prop Hope...she wasn't that much of a mother to her own kid so I would hate to see what she would be with one of Sami's.

dazgonby

Postby dazgonby » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:42 pm

TSHM wrote:I love Hope and Rafe. I don’t mind them as a couple. Poor Rafe if Sami is pregnant , he will be stuck with Sami forever, geez he doesn’t deserve that ! Manipulating Grandma Sami and all her baby daddy’s ,no Rafe deserves better .

I'm thinking Sami only had 2 baby daddys...Lucas & EJ.

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:05 pm

LuvBoHope wrote:
CloisFan wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: That would be my dream come true, to kill off Sami Brady! :lol:

LuvBoHope

Postby LuvBoHope » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:05 pm

CloisFan wrote:

Rafe's not leaving the show & Sami's not staying on so what COULD happen is they'll kill Sami off and leave the baby for Rafe (and Hope, of course) to raise. Sami's coming back from time to time as she does regularly could be in ghost form & if she ever changes her mind she could be brought back from the dead - no problem there!

This would add SO MUCH MORE drama for Rafe (this is all about propping him anyway - not Hope - she'd just be there to keep Rope going and him becoming an even MORE martyred hero IMO). Hope doesn't need to be a "good mother" either - RAFE will be the focus becoming dad of the year!

That's just an option that I think would really work but not expecting them to do this - Hope & Rafe are not breaking up, unfortunately!

fightcrab

Postby fightcrab » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:36 pm

I hate Hope because she killed Stefano and threw his body in the garbage. And now she is a police commissioner. Plus she is old for Rafe who wants children and she cannot have them with him. Thank God, Sami might be pregnant.

LuvBoHope

Postby LuvBoHope » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:22 pm

fightcrab wrote:

I hate Hope because she killed Stefano and threw his body in the garbage. And now she is a police commissioner. Plus she is old for Rafe who wants children and she cannot have them with him. Thank God, Sami might be pregnant.

Just another reason to END Hope & Rafe - he can have his kids by a younger "wife" (not ons ex) and Hope could be free to find a new MAN - better suited for her so she could possibly be fun to watch again!

Return to “Days of Our Lives”