Why does Steve, Lucas and Paul have to go?

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
Dexter Fan

Why does Steve, Lucas and Paul have to go?

Postby Dexter Fan » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:55 pm

Why all the firings? It's like a revolving door, with Marci Miller going, and now Steve.Paul and Lucas!! Why? I was so happy to see a great actor like Ben back! I hate that he's a killer, but his scenes are alot more riveting than Chad's lately! I like Nicole coming back, and the other Abby. And love seeing Theresa and Chloe back! I just hope they stay, and nobody else goes!! What are your thoughts about this, Posters on the board? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

lurker girl

Re: Why does Steve, Lucas and Paul have to go?

Postby lurker girl » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:44 pm

Dexter Fan wrote:Why all the firings? It's like a revolving door, with Marci Miller going, and now Steve.Paul and Lucas!! Why? I was so happy to see a great actor like Ben back! I hate that he's a killer, but his scenes are alot more riveting than Chad's lately! I like Nicole coming back, and the other Abby. And love seeing Theresa and Chloe back! I just hope they stay, and nobody else goes!! What are your thoughts about this, Posters on the board? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

CS (Paul) was not fired, he left on his own, more than likely because he's getting meatier roles on nighttime TV and in movies. Steve's departure is still up in the air, and it wouldn't be a "firing," but the fact that tptb and SN couldn't reach an agreement. I don't know about BRD (Lucas). Some say he was fired, some say he wanted out (I find that very hard to believe). Lucas has always been a tough one for any writer to deal with, I have no idea why. Theresa won't be here for long, and I'm not sure that Nicole is truly back. Maybe just to wrap up a s/l. This is a business first, and both money and time constraints - and actors wanting out to pursue other opportunities - all play a part.

AlyH

Postby AlyH » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:11 pm

I honestly don’t mind them leaving. I don’t like them
Coming back for
Short arcs that does
Nothing for the continuity of the show. But would rather see a list of
Others go first and yet they are still on my screen daily. As dull as ever.

lexi911

Postby lexi911 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:04 pm

I happen to be a big fan of all three of those guys! Why not let Leo, Stefan, and Ben go away rather than those 3?

Best days

Postby Best days » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:24 pm

:o They are going to be missed!

ASoapDiva

Postby ASoapDiva » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:47 am

I'd rather permanently and forever wave bye-bye, good riddance don't let the doorknob hit you on the way out to Chad and Abby. Although, I wouldn't mind if Eve and Brady were to leave, C&A are the only ones I'd throw a party for to finally have them permanently off my TV screen!

JaggedEdge

Postby JaggedEdge » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:28 am

Dexter Fan wrote:Why all the firings? It's like a revolving door, with Marci Miller going, and now Steve.Paul and Lucas!! Why? I was so happy to see a great actor like Ben back! I hate that he's a killer, but his scenes are alot more riveting than Chad's lately! I like Nicole coming back, and the other Abby. And love seeing Theresa and Chloe back! I just hope they stay, and nobody else goes!! What are your thoughts about this, Posters on the board? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

He's keeping the characters on the show that he can write for. Usually, I don't agree with many of his ideas, but getting rid of Steve is a good idea if Ava won't be resurrected. I just don't see the heat between him and Kayla. Some may and that's fine, but I don't. I think they're boring and I have always hated the fact he will not take that patch off and use a prosthetic. I also hate his beard and scraggly hair. He also sits around doing nothing and I can't stand that. He's not wealthy in the same sense that the DiMera and Kiriakis families are so he should be working. Christopher Sean wanted to leave, and I think that's smart of him. This thing is about the reunion of WilSon and he knows Paul will just fade into the background. He wants to work, not hang out on set as an extra in their story. Good for him for knowing his worth. Lucas has no story. He and Chloe are okay, but I don't see them in a story of their own. He needs Sami or Adrienne in order to matter, and he has neither. It's time to go.

mauimama

Postby mauimama » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:50 pm

JaggedEdge wrote:

He's keeping the characters on the show that he can write for. Usually, I don't agree with many of his ideas, but getting rid of Steve is a good idea if Ava won't be resurrected. I just don't see the heat between him and Kayla. Some may and that's fine, but I don't. I think they're boring and I have always hated the fact he will not take that patch off and use a prosthetic. I also hate his beard and scraggly hair. He also sits around doing nothing and I can't stand that. He's not wealthy in the same sense that the DiMera and Kiriakis families are so he should be working. Christopher Sean wanted to leave, and I think that's smart of him. This thing is about the reunion of WilSon and he knows Paul will just fade into the background. He wants to work, not hang out on set as an extra in their story. Good for him for knowing his worth. Lucas has no story. He and Chloe are okay, but I don't see them in a story of their own. He needs Sami or Adrienne in order to matter, and he has neither. It's time to go.

I've NEVER had any use for Steve --he always looks and acts like some dirty street bum...like he hasn't showered in months. ick ick ick!
Lucas' usefulness was used up years ago--- and like Paul, they just can't find a decent s/l for either of them anymore.
I couldn't even buy Lucas' drunken rages about Will -- they sure didn't move me at all.

Mama B

Postby Mama B » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:38 pm

lexi911 wrote:I happen to be a big fan of all three of those guys! Why not let Leo, Stefan, and Ben go away rather than those 3?

I totally agree!

Porterfield

Postby Porterfield » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:42 pm

Mama B wrote:
lexi911 wrote:I happen to be a big fan of all three of those guys! Why not let Leo, Stefan, and Ben go away rather than those 3?

I totally agree!

I agree 100%, but better yet why bring back Kyle Lowder, Farrah Fath, Jen Lilly and also Nicole and Daniel????? Did anyone ask for those characters? I guess AZ can just come back when she wants.....and probably demanded SC back too and they had to cut to make room. SN probably made same money as AZ.

The thing is this F's the Steve and Kayla legacy again. What is there excuse for Steve leaving this time? Last time it got so bad they tried to par Kayla with Abe. It's sad how the show keeps making the same mistakes.

I also don't want to see Lucas and Paul leave. They blew it with Lucas once again. How many Lucas/Will scenes did we get? Wasn't Lucas off in rehab the first couple months his son comes back?

Honestly I am disgusted with the way the show is going.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”