Not Filling in with Tripp & Ciara...warning possible spoilers

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
AlyH

Not Filling in with Tripp & Ciara...warning possible spoilers

Postby AlyH » Tue May 22, 2018 4:43 pm

I may be in the minority but I'm really not feeling the connection with Tripp & Ciara...here he was today in a flowered apron..... I know it's supposed to be "cute" but while we were on the subject of "manly men" this doesn't impress...he is certainly NOT BO or STEVE...he's a cute boy, don't get me wrong, I just don't seem him strong enough for Ciara who has a very strong personality (a la Hope)
SPOILERISH:
I read that there is going to be another tired, overplayed triangle involving Ciara/Claire/Tripp...HO HUM! I'm so tired of this trio and really NOT INTERESTED in more cat fights over this milk toast. I'll back up and say I'm over catfights in general on this soap. They are over done to the max. Lazy, dumb writing. I was hoping Claire was gone for good but looks like she will be back just in time for another round of screaming matches.
Sorry, this is JMHO.

mauimama

Re: Not Filling in with Tripp & Ciara...warning possible spoilers

Postby mauimama » Tue May 22, 2018 5:23 pm

AlyH wrote:I may be in the minority but I'm really not feeling the connection with Tripp & Ciara...here he was today in a flowered apron..... I know it's supposed to be "cute" but while we were on the subject of "manly men" this doesn't impress...he is certainly NOT BO or STEVE...he's a cute boy, don't get me wrong, I just don't seem him strong enough for Ciara who has a very strong personality (a la Hope)
SPOILERISH:
I read that there is going to be another tired, overplayed triangle involving Ciara/Claire/Tripp...HO HUM! I'm so tired of this trio and really NOT INTERESTED in more cat fights over this milk toast. I'll back up and say I'm over catfights in general on this soap. They are over done to the max. Lazy, dumb writing. I was hoping Claire was gone for good but looks like she will be back just in time for another round of screaming matches.
Sorry, this is JMHO.
Mine too!
Tripp is no match for fiery, feisty Ciara... and omg- the screeching howler monkey is coming back - so soon? Hopefully Theo dumped her and she'll go after Tripp again!

AlyH

Postby AlyH » Tue May 22, 2018 5:35 pm

mauimama wrote:
AlyH wrote:I may be in the minority but I'm really not feeling the connection with Tripp & Ciara...here he was today in a flowered apron..... I know it's supposed to be "cute" but while we were on the subject of "manly men" this doesn't impress...he is certainly NOT BO or STEVE...he's a cute boy, don't get me wrong, I just don't seem him strong enough for Ciara who has a very strong personality (a la Hope)
SPOILERISH:
Sorry, this is JMHO.
Mine too!
Tripp is no match for fiery, feisty Ciara... and omg- the screeching howler monkey is coming back - so soon? Hopefully Theo dumped her and she'll go after Tripp again!

Screeching howlers monkey? That's hilarious! It thought that term was reserved for Sami!!
Anyway YES she is coming back. Of all the people on the show...UGH...

susannha

Postby susannha » Tue May 22, 2018 8:15 pm

Sami is Claire's aunt. It would be fun if Claire became another Sami.

JaggedEdge

Postby JaggedEdge » Wed May 23, 2018 9:26 am

They should have written Tripp very similar to Nathan Horton the guy Melanie use to date. A young doctor in a grown-up relationship BUT with lots of mob money in the bank. This mess where he's hanging out with immature college girls that he has ZERO chemistry with is very lame and does not showcase the strong acting talent of Lucas Adams.

AlyH

Postby AlyH » Wed May 23, 2018 9:48 am

JaggedEdge wrote:They should have written Tripp very similar to Nathan Horton the guy Melanie use to date. A young doctor in a grown-up relationship BUT with lots of mob money in the bank. This mess where he's hanging out with immature college girls that he has ZERO chemistry with is very lame and does not showcase the strong acting talent of Lucas Adams.

Days' writers have a way of stifling any good acting abilities and they also have a way of emasculating their men. I actually liked Lucas better when he was bad. He is BORING now and makes no sense, like you say, to stay in that loft with girls that act like they are in junior high. Also the way they are styling him is a little too metro. He needs to be a little more rugged or at least ACT like it. I don't know, just thinking out loud. I'm just not feeling it with any of them.

JaggedEdge

Postby JaggedEdge » Wed May 23, 2018 10:02 am

AlyH wrote:
JaggedEdge wrote:They should have written Tripp very similar to Nathan Horton the guy Melanie use to date. A young doctor in a grown-up relationship BUT with lots of mob money in the bank. This mess where he's hanging out with immature college girls that he has ZERO chemistry with is very lame and does not showcase the strong acting talent of Lucas Adams.

Days' writers have a way of stifling any good acting abilities and they also have a way of emasculating their men. I actually liked Lucas better when he was bad. He is BORING now and makes no sense, like you say, to stay in that loft with girls that act like they are in junior high. Also the way they are styling him is a little too metro. He needs to be a little more rugged or at least ACT like it. I don't know, just thinking out loud. I'm just not feeling it with any of them.

They especially emasculate their younger males like Tripp and Joey. Both of them should be very popular on the show and Joey's in prison and Tripp is sinking fast.
I agree also that he's been cleaned up a little too much. He's Steve's son but doesn't dress like it. Ava should be there to wise him up a bit.

mauimama

Postby mauimama » Wed May 23, 2018 11:21 am

Kayla really went way overboard -- good grief- I'm surprised she didn't whip out a pack of condoms along with her 'home-made apple pie"--- she treated him like a 5th grader going to his first dance! I was waiting for her to come back to make sure he was putting ice cream on that warm pie! LOL

ghfanfare

Postby ghfanfare » Wed May 23, 2018 11:38 am

mauimama wrote:Kayla really went way overboard -- good grief- I'm surprised she didn't whip out a pack of condoms along with her 'home-made apple pie"--- she treated him like a 5th grader going to his first dance! I was waiting for her to come back to make sure he was putting ice cream on that warm pie! LOL

I was actually disappointed that Kayla didn't hand Tripp a pack of condoms. That would have been a good laugh. :D

monicalewis

Postby monicalewis » Wed May 23, 2018 11:46 am

I cannot believe that I'm saying this but I miss the old Ciara. This new Ciara is too mature to be a part of the young set. She needs a real adult man not timid Tripp. Put her with JJ if they are not related (sorry I haven't watching long enough to know whose related)

Return to “Days of Our Lives”