Rumor Mill

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
TX1TAM

Rumor Mill

Postby TX1TAM » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:26 pm

Can this be any older? I for one will miss you Andre! I really liked him and Kate. They could have made a wonderful evil couple. :twisted:

txwildcat

Re: Rumor Mill

Postby txwildcat » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:43 pm

TX1TAM wrote:Can this be any older? I for one will miss you Andre! I really liked him and Kate. They could have made a wonderful evil couple. :twisted:

I will also miss Andre. But, this is DAYS we're talking about. Andre could always still be around... or come back from the dead the way Will just did. My fingers are crossed.

ericlizafan

Postby ericlizafan » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:14 pm

Is anybody ever really dead on DAYS?! If Andre is gone for good, that's too bad, because I was enjoying him and Kate.

EJAMI5555

Postby EJAMI5555 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:22 am

I don't think bestie Abby's friend is dead.... :|

ghxfan19835

Postby ghxfan19835 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:19 pm

TX1TAM wrote:Can this be any older? I for one will miss you Andre! I really liked him and Kate. They could have made a wonderful evil couple. :twisted:

He's leaving? Oh, that's another good one! Didn't really bring much to the table the past two years.

OKdaysfan

Postby OKdaysfan » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:16 am

EJAMI5555 wrote:I don't think bestie Abby's friend is dead.... :|

If he is faking it, I have a feeling Abby will be the first to find out (just like he was the only one to know she was alive for a while).

LifelongDaysFan

Postby LifelongDaysFan » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:23 am

I, for one, would hate to see the character written off. Thaao is such a wonderful actor. He's able to come across as deliciously devilish, charming, evil, debonair, calculating, etc. A multi-faceted character with lots of layers.

Tony was basically a good guy. But bringing back Tony would be akin to having another Brady or Chad around. Brady is a more interesting character now that he's gotten darker. Let's face it, would we keep watching if all our characters were sweet people living happy lives?

I think that actors that are "saintly" must get bored playing that role for decades. You could see how much fun DH & JEL had playing Hattie & Bonnie. The same with EM playing dastardly Brady. :P

DAYS has had a vacuum in the evil department since JM died while JA has aged and been "watered-down" in order to make his paring with Maggie believable. Bringing on TC as Stefan O. DiMera and making Vivian his mother was a stroke of genius. TC has the chops to portray a multi-layered character and one whose powerful, commanding presence can instill fear.

The Kiriaksis' had found their next-gen villain in Deimos but then they screwed it up royally. VI had the chops, too. The Sonny & Brady characters just don't cut it as effective successors to Victor. I wish they would resurrect the character & bring VI back even though it would mean another resurrection. Married to Eve could make some interesting story, as well. Plus, the murder has never been solved so that's a storyline thread that needs some resolution.

At this point, I think we should just return to replica Salem and bring back characters who "died" in one mass resurrection. :idea: Some stay in Salem while others move on with their lives off-screen/elsewhere. (For budget reasons, they can't afford all those actors but they would be available to drop in and out or replace a contract character who exits) It worked once and would right some wrongs and also be a nod to history.

Jack could come back, Bo (if PR would agree - surely if GH could accommodate SB's filming schedule, DAYS could work it out with PR), etc. We know EJ is alive, perhaps that's where he's been!

I still believe Dr. Rolf is still out there alive. He had the miracle, return from the dead formula! He would absolutely have made plans to resurrect himself! Plus, he conveniently had that suicide pill. :twisted:

Return to “Days of Our Lives”