Pros & Cons - scene between Abigail and Stefan on Monday as she enters his office

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
ghxfan19835

Pros & Cons - scene between Abigail and Stefan on Monday as she enters his office

Postby ghxfan19835 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:52 pm

Pros:

-Loved the NEW background music! It was so moody, and seemed both at home on a soap, as well
as in a suspense film. Nicely raised the tension as Tyler Christopher and Marci Miller began to play
verbal tennis

-Seeing a new side of both Abigail and the actress. Wondering where this will go

-Continue to LOVE the new sets. After seeing that same redressed office set again and again, all
the new DiMera offices won't be getting old for at least one year, even as we know these will now
be heavily featured for some time to come.

-I liked the acting, and the way the actors approached the scene.

Cons:

-I don't know what Stefan's game plan is. He doesn't really care about... anything it seems.
Surely not Abigail, or the family. he doesn't even seem to care enough about Abigail and Chad
to even want to destroy their lives. Often he seems plain bored. At least Deimos had a plan
when he came on, though in his case it didn't matter. I hated Deimos and I like Stefan, if only
because he is pretty to look at and is a real man.

-Are they SERIOUSLY going to have Abigail cheat on Chad again, and once more be caught in a
sex scandal with a DiMera?

-Stefan's dialogue as the scene developed after commercial was tired. Even the actor's delivery
seemed lazy. It's like he is (halfheartedly!) bringing up the most random things, and he doesn't
even seem to be doing it to even get a rise out of her, either. Why bring up Gabi and Chad which
IS old news?

-------------

Overall, I give this scene an 8/10, mainly because the show was able to convey the right mood
despite some notable misfires in the scene.

AnneM127

Re: Pros & Cons - scene between Abigail and Stefan on Monday as she enters his office

Postby AnneM127 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:00 pm

PRO: They have glass coffee cups so we can see that they actually pour fluid into them. A small point I know, but it does fall into the believable props department

PRO (right now) may become annoying: The way Stefan is playing his role. You are correct gh-that he doesn't seem to care about anything all that much. This keeps him somewhat mysterious. I can't tell if he even likes his own mother. I also think it's just as likely that he is a "good" diMera.

PRO: Yes, the modern office set is nice.But Abigail (MM) is pro and doesn't act "nervous" in the new surroundings-it's as if it has always been

CON: I resist any suggestion that Stefan is attracted to Abigail. Even though he himself may be blah right now, I do see him with someone with more passion.

CON: The snippy act she gives Stefan. We'd better see, sooner rather than later, some motives developing. If not, in his very laid back way, he may just say Thank you, but you can hit the road, Jack.

Jeank101

Re: Pros & Cons - scene between Abigail and Stefan on Monday as she enters his office

Postby Jeank101 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:21 pm

Pro: Where are we’re going? :twisted:

Con: Where are we going? :evil:

ghxfan19835

Postby ghxfan19835 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:40 pm

Spoilers from today's show reveal that Abigail doesn't appreciate Stefan's flirting, etc.
That should be their strategy - get the pig out by listing all his indiscretions all within
the first day of working for DiMera. His innuendo is inappropriate, especially how he
stated that he was asking GABI out to dinner, when of course, Abby thought he meant
her because Stefan asked the question right after she said something to him.

What do YOU think? Should Abigail go this route, or does she fear playing the victim?

EJAMI5555

Postby EJAMI5555 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:01 pm

What I love about this story is, that no one has a clue what Stefan is doing!

ghxfan19835

Postby ghxfan19835 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:19 pm

No, I don't think that Abigail's slap will come back to haunt her, soaper39. As the other poster said, I think you are right that it was probably something that she had to do. Stefan has been all over the place lately. I also wonder if Marci will qualify for an Emmy nomination. The pre-noms are announced tomorrow.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”