Who doesn't care about the Theo shooting storyline?

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
ghfan1985

Who doesn't care about the Theo shooting storyline?

Postby ghfan1985 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:11 pm

I never liked Theo, to me he was the worst of the teen scene. I am putting this story on FF as I cannot stand watching all the bellyaching. Anything to do with the SPD is a total waste of time. The police are written to be so incompetent, this whole station needs to be put on the backburner!

Johnlives

Re: Who doesn't care about the Theo shooting storyline?

Postby Johnlives » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:04 pm

ghfan1985 wrote:I never liked Theo, to me he was the worst of the teen scene. I am putting this story on FF as I cannot stand watching all the bellyaching. Anything to do with the SPD is a total waste of time. The police are written to be so incompetent, this whole station needs to be put on the backburner!

Me!!!! I have no interest in it. Unfortunately , I FF the entire show most days, only stopping for Chad and Abby, and Sami. It looks like I will be also watching Kristen. :D

AnneM127

Postby AnneM127 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:37 pm

It's not that I don't care, particularly, it's just that it is a predictable device to get an actor off the show when not renewing a contract or taking some personal and professional time out.

In Addition-it now throws JJ center stage-with the Big Angst that will follow. The guilt, the "I wish it was me instead of you," etc, etc etc. Hatred from Abe, stress with Lani, tension between Agigail (sister) and Chad (bro-in-law) I just don't think JJ needs to undergo crisis right now-the investigation, the trial, etc. It's too much because there is so much else going on with so many other characters. JJ has become front burner, but there are too many front burner stories right now. Theo's departure from the show could have been handled in a way that didn't cause so many more micro-crisis situations, because I just can't instantly emotionally attach to one thing after another.

ghfan1985

Postby ghfan1985 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:39 pm

Actually, I hate the character. He is such a geek, and that has nothing to do with his autism.

He set up Ciara with Wyatt, and then acted all high and mighty with him, trying to act the hero by saving her. He got Claire all those followers, thinking she wants fake fans, and had no clue why she was upset even after she explained it. He is always so aloof with Tripp, and he acted the same with Chase and Jade, acting morally superior in some way and just brushing them off in a very noticeable way.

I could go on. I just hate that they replay that shooting clip again and again, with Theo's deer-in-the-headlights look. NO ONE is putting the blame squarely where it belongs - on HIM. HE broke into the warehouse, HE was warned time and again and had a lapse in judgment, HE decided to do something dangerous, and it was certainly NOT only Kate's fault.

All this hand-wringing for a pretty useless and nasty character makes me sick. Hope he dies, or at least gets recast. I also never liked all the praise this actor got when he was no better than the other teen-sceners, because I liked them all.

Jeank101

Postby Jeank101 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:54 pm

Really rough, gh! I would like to refute a lot of what you say, but don’t want to get into a “back & forth”.
Your points could make for a good, long conversation though. But, we don’t have that luxury here. A written conversation is so much harder to do than a verbal one - for many reasons. And I don’t want to get into a disagreeable situation, so, I will agree to respect our differences on this particular subject.
I will allow myself a question, though. To all of those familiar with autism, how do you reconcile your responses when a teen changes into an adult? What you might accept as a child, you can no longer accept as an adult. So how do you compensate?
( Theo as a child vs as an adult?)

JaggedEdge

Postby JaggedEdge » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:25 pm

ghfan1985 wrote:Actually, I hate the character. He is such a geek, and that has nothing to do with his autism.

He set up Ciara with Wyatt, and then acted all high and mighty with him, trying to act the hero by saving her. He got Claire all those followers, thinking she wants fake fans, and had no clue why she was upset even after she explained it. He is always so aloof with Tripp, and he acted the same with Chase and Jade, acting morally superior in some way and just brushing them off in a very noticeable way.

I could go on. I just hate that they replay that shooting clip again and again, with Theo's deer-in-the-headlights look. NO ONE is putting the blame squarely where it belongs - on HIM. HE broke into the warehouse, HE was warned time and again and had a lapse in judgment, HE decided to do something dangerous, and it was certainly NOT only Kate's fault.

All this hand-wringing for a pretty useless and nasty character makes me sick. Hope he dies, or at least gets recast. I also never liked all the praise this actor got when he was no better than the other teen-sceners, because I liked them all.

None of that is true about Theo, and ALL of the teen actors are good, Days just sorased the kids too soon and that created an awkward feeling towards the older actors. Kyler is wonderful at playing Theo, and a great deal of the fans love him, so you are really out on a limb alone with this one.

lemonade890

Re: Who doesn't care about the Theo shooting storyline

Postby lemonade890 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:29 am

This is a time when I really miss Stefano, Theo’s grandfather. He really loved all of his children. To them, he was their “No No”.

The child actor, I believe his name is Terrance Ransom,played a very precocious Theo,who always bounded with his partner in crime, and next door neighbor , Ciara Brady, This young actress’s name is Lauren Boles, if I’m not mistaken.,and she readily accepted his “uniqueness “

The former actress who played, Abigail,Kate Mansi, bounded with the younger Theo. She worked at the hospital, and would see him when he would come for his therapy. Chad has always had deep love and affection for Theo, because Chad loved Lexie, who was his half-sister,Stefano’s and Celeste’s daughter, Abe’s wife and former Chief of Staff at the Hospital.(Finally,Theo has an Uncle, Cameron who is a doctor. Another viewer, asked why Cameron and Celeste had not been notified of Theo’s shooting.
In conclusion I wish TP all the best that life has to offer. Thank you for your portrayal of someone who has autism

cataddict

Postby cataddict » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:51 pm

I like Theo and I think that the actor does a great job--the best of the "teens" IMHO. The character is a high functioning autistic person, and I'm impressed at his portrayal---subtle and believable. So I guess I care about the storyline because I like the character and hope they don't drag out the coma thing too long. That said, I'm tired of JJ and more so of hand-wringing-Jennifer who has forgotten that it wasn't HER son who was shot and in a coma. Just wish that Kate would get her comeuppance for her role in what happened, but I'm sure she won't.

LULIX

Postby LULIX » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:22 pm

ghfan1985 wrote:I never liked Theo, to me he was the worst of the teen scene. I am putting this story on FF as I cannot stand watching all the bellyaching. Anything to do with the SPD is a total waste of time. The police are written to be so incompetent, this whole station needs to be put on the backburner!

Wow u are one of the only posters I read that don't like Theo. Granted he can be a little spoiled at times but all the teens are. The setting up Ciara and then getting jealous was a bit much/

Johnlives

Postby Johnlives » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:06 pm

ghfan1985 wrote:Actually, I hate the character. He is such a geek, and that has nothing to do with his autism.

I agree with you ghfan. He is a useless character . He is boring. He alone ,is to blame, not Kate. He could have said NO,but did not. I hope he dies , too. Can't stand all the sobbing that Abe does. Overact much?

Return to “Days of Our Lives”