Will & His Identity of Being Gay

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
EJAMI5555

Will & His Identity of Being Gay

Postby EJAMI5555 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:34 am

Will has no memories...so people are curious to know if he knows that he is gay. Some also say that Will was gay all of his life, which is true now, but we all saw Will grew up...he became gay in his late teens. Plus, with him having sex with Gabi, some would assume that he was bi...but later was gay.

I know people want him to be gay...but if the writers change him to being straight...Hmmm I feel like people have a hold on Will being gay forever. Going straight, I think people would get in uproar.

Well, what are your thoughts? I feel like the writers can make him do anything, cuz he is just a character. But some people really go overboard and will say, no no.

Anyway, I am not pushing him to be straight, but what if the writers does?

Trina_P

Re: Will & His Identity of Being Gay

Postby Trina_P » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:53 pm

Now is the perfect time for the writers to make the decision to undo a wrong or continue with the course of him being gay. Whatever they feel viewers see it as. I think whichever fork in the road there will be some happy and some not so happy.

On Y&R there is a potential lesbian storyline slowly brewing. I personally think writers are keeping it slow to gather enough readers' opinions. It is a major character and there is usually no turning back to undo it if it does not set well with viewers. I hope Days writers would do the same and not make hasty decisions as they are already having to undo from the past bringing people back to life lol

EJAMI5555

Postby EJAMI5555 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:03 pm

I am okay what Days does :) But sometimes the fans of Days really want things to be a certain ways, like CHABBY being together forever. Will being gay, & etc. I am guilty as well.

Johnlives

Postby Johnlives » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:06 pm

EJAMI5555 wrote:Will has no memories...so people are curious to know if he knows that he is gay. Some also say that Will was gay all of his life, which is true now, but we all saw Will grew up...he became gay in his late teens. Plus, with him having sex with Gabi, some would assume that he was bi...but later was gay.

I know people want him to be gay...but if the writers change him to being straight...Hmmm I feel like people have a hold on Will being gay forever. Going straight, I think people would get in uproar.

Well, what are your thoughts? I feel like the writers can make him do anything, cuz he is just a character. But some people really go overboard and will say, no no.

I think you are right, that TPTB would get a lot of slack if they reverse Will's sexual preference.

AnneM127

Postby AnneM127 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:50 pm

He's been living with Susan and the impression given was that although she might have been ill or just outright lied about his identity, she did her best to parent him, possibly in a Bible belt kind of way. There was no hint that the two had ever had the discussion about sexuality and we all know EJ was straight.

Susan didn't let Will have much TV time or outside reading, so he is a little out of touch with the world. But if he were gay, don't you think he would have found Sonny and/or Paul somewhat attractive at least, though he doesn't know or remember them. He gave NO indication of any attraction at all.

But when he hugged Gabi, or when Gabi wrapped herself around him--I did see something. Perhaps not out and out sex appeal, but an attraction, and also a gratitude. He made a connection-and I think this was because she allowed him to NOT remember, told him it was OK, when everyone else except Marlena has been badgering this guy to remember them. Gabi comes in softly-with darling little Arianna, and I think that is the life Will is going to ease into. But, only time will tell and I don't think it;s that important right now.

lurker girl

Postby lurker girl » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:00 pm

EJAMI5555 wrote:Will has no memories...so people are curious to know if he knows that he is gay. Some also say that Will was gay all of his life, which is true now, but we all saw Will grew up...he became gay in his late teens. Plus, with him having sex with Gabi, some would assume that he was bi...but later was gay.

Marlena and Will had a great conversation about this the other day. Will was denying his true sexuality because Susan wanted him to be EJ, but he knew inside that it was not correct.

A person doesn't "become" gay in their teens or later. They are born gay. A gay man can have sex with a female and yet have no attraction to her. It doesn't mean he is bi just because his body responds. And then
there are bi-sexual people who have real feelings for a person regardless of gender. (Gay men can and do admire a female's looks, just like a straight woman can admire the beauty of another woman)

miladytn

Postby miladytn » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:34 pm

Will made the comment that they didn't have a computer, I think meaning Susan kept him "protected" from finding out or trying to.

Anne, I also noticed that look when Will saw Gabi. His eyes really lit up!

cataddict

Postby cataddict » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:56 pm

Thanks, lurker girl. Amnesia doesn't change one's sexual orientation and I would have been disappointed if the writers decided to have Will "forget" he was gay.

Shadowcat99

Postby Shadowcat99 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:30 pm

cataddict wrote:Thanks, lurker girl. Amnesia doesn't change one's sexual orientation and I would have been disappointed if the writers decided to have Will "forget" he was gay.

Thank you cataddict and lurker girl. I'm a gay man and I've been avoiding posting in these topics about Will because I have found so many of the posts to be very insulting and offensive. I really do try my best not to let ignorance (a term I do not mean to use in an insulting way to anyone, believe me...I just can't think of a better word to use) get to me, and try to just always remember that not everyone "gets it" when they haven't been around it before, but man have my feelings been hurt on this board a lot lately. And, trust me, I am not mad at anyone at all. I'm truly not. Just sad that so many people don't get it. That's why I haven't been on much lately.

But thank you both for getting it and saying what you've said. It's nice to know that some of you understand.

maybeelojik

Postby maybeelojik » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:14 pm

I thought the Nov 22nd episode pretty much established Will is going to remain true to his identity.

Will never disclosed his feelings (for Susan's sake) according to the conversation he had with Marlena. But after Marlena explained how he originally struggled with his identity, overcame personal conflicts and was happy with who he was Will looked at Marlena relieved/ smiled. Will mentioned he never said anything to Susan with respect to his orientation and Marlena said she was sorry how he "had to keep that part of himself a secret". Will responded, "thank you."

I too am new to this board and read what could be construed as misconceptions of sexual-identification but then I thought well maybe we all have some "wishful thinking" going on. After all, it's a soap where clearly anything can happen (thus, suspending reality comes in handy) - after all people come back from the dead periodically HA - but, to DOOL credit, this simple human truth remained intact.

Btw, I too am a gay man, but when Camila Banus (Gabi) is on screen I light up as much as Will. :o The actress is absolutely gorgeous (IMO) and I love to watch her perform, but that's where it ends. Will knows what I'm talking about. LOL

Return to “Days of Our Lives”