Let's talk about Casey Moss' acting lately

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
Altered Tundra

Let's talk about Casey Moss' acting lately

Postby Altered Tundra » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:49 pm

Okay, I'll be the first to admit that he hasn't always been the best actor even by daytime soap opera standards, but recently(as in this year), he's really been upping his game. And his recent scenes have been some of my favorite from him. I particularly loved today's scenes as he was still coping with what JJ did. HIs grief is real and I can feel it. It's not something that I'm forced to feel because I like the soap, but I actually can feel it. JJ is so torn about what he did. His scenes with Gabi touched me and when he ripped up that shirt, I found it very powerful. All of his anguish poured into that and then how he went to sacrifice everything just to make sure Theo heard him say sorry. Despite what it is going to doubtless cost him, JJ needed to do this because it was the only thing that could put his mind at ease.

and of course, we know Theo won't hold any of this against JJ. That's the kind of guy Theo is. Plus, Theo was the one who did the crime. So, of course, this makes what's happening to JJ all the more heartbreaking.

His speech to Theo was powerful.

so, I'll tell you guys and gals this: I've always loved the character JJ. I've always loved Casey Moss. There hasn't been a storyline that the writers of whichever stint that I didn't love. I adored his bratty, rebellious teen introduction storyline. I loved how he was a pothead and that gave us that hilarious episode with Jennifer's book club on drugs. I loved his transition into this butt-kicking cop(ignoring how rushed it was). I loved how instrumental he was in taking down Ben. I loved his relationship with Paige and Gabi(and yes, even with Lani).

And, now as we have been seeing in recent days, I am absolutely loving how he's handling the fallout from the shooting. It's not only a very realistic storyline but, in my opinion, it's also the best one they have. I look forward to seeing how this story proceeds.

AnneM127

Re: Let's talk about Casey Moss' acting lately

Postby AnneM127 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:51 pm

JJ Rocks! As far as I'm concerned, he just keeps getting better and better. He is one to watch, for sure. :)

maybeelojik

Postby maybeelojik » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:04 am

Absolutely agreed. I'll admit the whole "Theo/JJ" storyline caught me by surprise since I figured I'd only be interested in the Will return but this one has totally caught my attention. And I gave Casey Moss his props in another post but I'll give it again. He's doing an awesome job with a big s/l and one that could be deemed controversial on so many levels. Great job!

ghfan1985

Postby ghfan1985 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:01 pm

His acting is so good, but the stories and his love interests after Paige have all felt FLAT.

He is trying SO HARD to convince us that JJ loves Lani but there is ZEROOOOO chemistry there.
Gabi was almost as bad. The best actor in the world couldn't light that spark when the two actors
and the stories just aren't there. Lani and JJ is a relic leftover from a Days mini-era with VERY BAD writing and needs to be quashed!

Johnlives

Postby Johnlives » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:09 pm

ghfan1985 wrote:His acting is so good, but the stories and his love interests after Paige have all felt FLAT.

He is trying SO HARD to convince us that JJ loves Lani but there is ZEROOOOO chemistry there.
Gabi was almost as bad. The best actor in the world couldn't light that spark when the two actors
and the stories just aren't there. Lani and JJ is a relic leftover from a Days mini-era with VERY BAD writing and needs to be quashed!

Agreed, absolutely no chemistry. JJ is character who is just "there" to me. He is like "Noah" on Y&R. Zero interest in these guys.

ericlizafan

Postby ericlizafan » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:49 pm

Casey is doing a fantastic job, and so is Sal. Sometimes actors just need a really meaty storyline to show their acting chops.

LULIX

Postby LULIX » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:41 am

Johnlives wrote:
ghfan1985 wrote:His acting is so good, but the stories and his love interests after Paige have all felt FLAT.

Agreed, absolutely no chemistry. JJ is character who is just "there" to me. He is like "Noah" on Y&R. Zero interest in these guys.

I have to disagree! JJ and Lani has more chemistry than most on the show. JJ and Paige were a couple for all of 5 minutes they were always broken up.

horsesforever

Postby horsesforever » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:58 pm

I have always liked jj, i hope him and gabi connect, and its already happening...

ghfan1985

Postby ghfan1985 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:03 pm

Johnlives wrote:

NO! No, no NO! Sorry but you misunderstood me.

I think Casey Moss has charisma, so the lack of chemistry has to do with the coupling of JJ and Lani. The two actors do not click. This is out of his or her control. I see them TRYING to make it seem like they are a good couple, but actors can't manufacture chemistry. This is a magical quality that is either there or is not.

lurker girl

Postby lurker girl » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:29 pm

Casey did a good job, IMO, when he first came on. JJ was supposed to be a problem kid who did one dumb thing after the other, and Casey played it well. Now JJ is a man who has turned his life around but is caught in a tragic situation, and Casey is doing a super job with it. (He always reminds me a little of Elvis - Presley, not EJ. The way his mouth has a bit of a sneer to it.)

Return to “Days of Our Lives”