Who here loves Susan Banks?

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
ghfan1985
Posts: 1054
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:40 pm

Who here loves Susan Banks?

Postby ghfan1985 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:16 pm

Gosh, this character is absolutely hilarious! I disagree with another poster, and
think that THIS should be Eileen Davidson's signature character, not Kristen,
whom I hate. She's totally off the wall. Don't have alot of time now, but it never
gets old hearing her say that signature phrase, "mean, Mean, MEAN!" !!! :mrgreen: :lol:

User avatar
Trina_P
Posts: 1221
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:48 pm

Re: Who here loves Susan Banks?

Postby Trina_P » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:33 pm

I totally agree ED is killing it as Susan. The scene where it all climaxed and she broke down was sad. Sami even had tears in her eyes and I felt them connect as mothers.

Jeank101
Posts: 4521
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:39 am
Location: Fl

Re: Who here loves Susan Banks?

Postby Jeank101 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:02 pm

That was an Emmy moment. :cry:

lurker girl
Posts: 2014
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:43 pm

Re: Who here loves Susan Banks?

Postby lurker girl » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:03 pm

I've been a fan of Susan from the very first time she was on. Love, love, love the character, played by ED, of course. Yes, she's hilarious or can also bring such vulnerability and sadness to her. And IA that she's definitely more appealing than is Kristen.

ghfan1985
Posts: 1054
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:40 pm

Re: Who here loves Susan Banks?

Postby ghfan1985 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:57 pm

Trina_P wrote:I totally agree ED is killing it as Susan. The scene where it all climaxed and she broke down was sad. Sami even had tears in her eyes and I felt them connect as mothers.


When I made this topic, I didn't see that scene yet. I had no idea it would be filled with such pathos. I cried too!

ghfan1985
Posts: 1054
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:40 pm

Re: Who here loves Susan Banks?

Postby ghfan1985 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:58 pm

Jeank101 wrote:That was an Emmy moment. :cry:


yes!

ghfan1985
Posts: 1054
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:40 pm

Re: Who here loves Susan Banks?

Postby ghfan1985 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:59 pm

lurker girl wrote:I've been a fan of Susan from the very first time she was on. Love, love, love the character, played by ED, of course. Yes, she's hilarious or can also bring such vulnerability and sadness to her. And IA that she's definitely more appealing than is Kristen.


As funny as she is, she really made me cry too, and was even better when I felt sorry for her. I think many mothers could relate to how broken she felt losing her child - especially when she said how she wanted to hold him one more time.

User avatar
Dexter Fan
Posts: 1270
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:49 pm
Location: winnipeg,manitoba
Contact:

Re: Who here loves Susan Banks?

Postby Dexter Fan » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:33 pm

Not me! I found her scenes hard to watch! She seemed so cartoonish. And those teeth have to go! She was funny in 1992, the first time around, not now! Not everybody and their Uncle should be resurrected Days! That what it seems like they are doing now!! :cry: :cry:

ghfan1985
Posts: 1054
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:40 pm

Re: Who here loves Susan Banks?

Postby ghfan1985 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:41 pm

Dexter Fan wrote:Not me! I found her scenes hard to watch! She seemed so cartoonish. And those teeth have to go! She was funny in 1992, the first time around, not now! Not everybody and their Uncle should be resurrected Days! That what it seems like they are doing now!! :cry: :cry:


Well, she wasn't technically resurrected - she was alive, just off-screen, if that's what you meant..

Jeank101
Posts: 4521
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:39 am
Location: Fl

Re: Who here loves Susan Banks?

Postby Jeank101 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:53 pm

I never used to like the character of Susan Banks. She was so over the top and her her appearance was cartoonish.
This time, I liked her. Not sure why. Her appearance wasn’t quite so over the top. But still, even though a little strange, I liked her right away.
By the time she had to give up Will, my heart just broke for her. I was so happy that Roger stood by her. :cry:


Return to “Days of Our Lives”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Back to Top