CRAZY out-of-control SORASing

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
ghfan1985

CRAZY out-of-control SORASing

Postby ghfan1985 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:04 pm

It's one thing to age, or drastically age, characters.

But to say that Will wasn't even born when EJ was falling off his bike is just WRONG.
He WAS born. Because it is WILL who was that age when EJ was being conceived, not
the other way around. Will existed for over half a decade prior to EJ ever even being
born. Sami herself was in her 20s when EJ was an infant, NOT the same age, and NOT
older.

This completely backward SORASing should NEVER have even been suggested.
Yet writers always justify by claiming "it's needed". Ridiculous!

miladytn

Re: CRAZY out-of-control SORASing

Postby miladytn » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:00 pm

The ridiculous SORASing of the EJ character is one of my biggest peeves with Days. I know that SORASing happens and we have to live with it. But EJ is the worst ever!! Sami was already grown and had a child before EJ was ever born.

I checked the ages on Soap Central. Will was born in 95, EJ in 97. Will is one of the few characters that has remained fairly close to its true age. An oddity in soap operas!! Interesting is that SC also states that Will's tombstone showed his birth as 1992, which makes him still close to current character age.

But we are supposed to believe that EJ (at least 2 if not 5 years younger than Sami's son) is a grown man who became her true love!

Wowee, it does stretch the imagination, doesn't it! LOL

miladytn

Postby miladytn » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:03 pm

And another thing.. how many marriages had grown up Sami already been through, done, and sometimes done over again, while little EJ was being conceived, borned, and growing up. LOL again !

Ms. Diablo

Postby Ms. Diablo » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:13 pm

miladytn wrote:And another thing.. how many marriages had grown up Sami already been through, done, and sometimes done over again, while little EJ was being conceived, borned, and growing up. LOL again !

Sami has had 5 husbands (Austin, Brandon, Lucas, EJ, and Rafe), 6 marriages, and grand total 14 weddings!
Here is a helpful guide complete with pictures of Sami’s metamorphosis and wedding attire over the years

https://www.google.com/amp/s/whathappensinsalem.wordpress.com/2014/10/31/the-many-weddings-of-sami-brady/amp/

Here’s something that may blow your mind...
Sami and Eric were born on screen October 1984
In the early ‘90s Sami/AS snuck back to Salem from living with her grandparents in Colorado (bc Roman and Marlena wanted to keep Sami and Eric away from Stefano) and Sami was SORSA’ed to 15 so, her b’day is October 1977 (Sami and Eric recently turned 40).
In November 1995 after Sami just turned 18, she gave birth to Will. I’m not even certain if Sami actually finished high school before she ran away from home to Chicago for a while after becoming pregnant. Sometime in the mid ‘00s after Will was written our for a year of so while he lived in Switzerland with Carrie and Austin as a middle school kid, he returns 4 years older. Will’s b’day was moved to November 1992. So...Sami would have been 14 when she had Will! Eek! Then agian, Will wouldn’t have been possible when he was written in if nobody was SORSA’ed bc Sami otherw De would have been 6.

AnneM127

Postby AnneM127 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:31 pm

I just wonder, when we don't see a kid (or kids) for awhile, if it is because they are deciding whether or not to SORAS and by how much. We haven't seen Tate yet? By the time Teresa gets back is he going to be working on his Fulbright Scholarship?

AnneM127

Postby AnneM127 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:39 pm

This is a P.S.---I would like to see more of the Adorable little kid who plays Parker, Chloe's son. The actor has done some funny car commercials, and he's a total professional for his age. I wonder if he's doing other things right now, as he has been too too scarce.

cataddict

Postby cataddict » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:19 pm

Thanks for the timeline! I always thought Sami was in high school when Will was born--not 18 yet. However, heaven knows I can't keep any of that straight. All I remember is the scene where she pretends to be Carrie and has sex with Lucas. What struck me about that scenario is that Sami was supposed to be wearing Carrie's clothing even though at the time Carrie was easily 4 inches taller and 25 pounds lighter. Yes, EJ's SORASing has always, always, been the. worst. The character looked to be maybe 37 in the show, while Will was in his 20s. Huh?

Guess we just have to roll with it. :roll: :mrgreen:

BrendaMorganQ

Postby BrendaMorganQ » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:51 pm

Ms. Diablo wrote:Sami has had 5 husbands (Austin, Brandon, Lucas, EJ, and Rafe), 6 marriages, and grand total 14 weddings!
Here is a helpful guide complete with pictures of Sami’s metamorphosis and wedding attire over the years

https://www.google.com/amp/s/whathappensinsalem.wordpress.com/2014/10/31/the-many-weddings-of-sami-brady/amp/

Here’s something that may blow your mind...
Sami and Eric were born on screen October 1984
In the early ‘90s Sami/AS snuck back to Salem from living with her grandparents in Colorado (bc Roman and Marlena wanted to keep Sami and Eric away from Stefano) and Sami was SORSA’ed to 15 so, her b’day is October 1977 (Sami and Eric recently turned 40).
In November 1995 after Sami just turned 18, she gave birth to Will. I’m not even certain if Sami actually finished high school before she ran away from home to Chicago for a while after becoming pregnant. Sometime in the mid ‘00s after Will was written our for a year of so while he lived in Switzerland with Carrie and Austin as a middle school kid, he returns 4 years older. Will’s b’day was moved to November 1992. So...Sami would have been 14 when she had Will! Eek! Then agian, Will wouldn’t have been possible when he was written in if nobody was SORSA’ed bc Sami otherw De would have been 6.

She didn't graduate. Vivian suggested that she get her GED when they were neighbors in Seattle so she could get a better job to help her take care of Will. Before the baby kidnapping, Paris forced marriage to Austin to get Will back and Sami found out who Viv really was.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”